The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nice to see everyone is showing up and posting here

3 posters

Go down

Nice to see everyone is showing up and posting here Empty Nice to see everyone is showing up and posting here

Post  Guest Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:45 am

To be honest, it was a little depressing when Ninjas' boxing forum started going belly-up, it had been my "home" for 5 months. I can already tell by what's been happened the last few days, that the Boxing Palace is going to be a success. Let's get the rest of gang from Ninjas over here and keep this party rockin'. Smile

cheers

Back to top Go down

Nice to see everyone is showing up and posting here Empty Re: Nice to see everyone is showing up and posting here

Post  Soonermark890 Sun Oct 24, 2010 1:32 pm

Ring wrote:To be honest, it was a little depressing when Ninjas' boxing forum started going belly-up, it had been my "home" for 5 months. I can already tell by what's been happened the last few days, that the Boxing Palace is going to be a success. Let's get the rest of gang from Ninjas over here and keep this party rockin'. Smile

cheers
Ive been sending PM's to those guys and had no success. Maybe you can give it a shot. But a few things dont invite slick. Bird and Ali are not joining. I dont know about Hardcore or powerpuncher.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Nice to see everyone is showing up and posting here Empty Re: Nice to see everyone is showing up and posting here

Post  Soonermark890 Sun Oct 24, 2010 1:40 pm

Soonermark890 wrote:
Ring wrote:To be honest, it was a little depressing when Ninjas' boxing forum started going belly-up, it had been my "home" for 5 months. I can already tell by what's been happened the last few days, that the Boxing Palace is going to be a success. Let's get the rest of gang from Ninjas over here and keep this party rockin'. Smile

cheers
Ive been sending PM's to those guys and had no success. Maybe you can give it a shot. But a few things dont invite slick. Bird and Ali are not joining. I dont know about Hardcore or powerpuncher.
Nevermind. LOL I just noticed that hardcore and powerpuncher joined.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  CervezaExtra Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:06 pm

Are Bird and Ali too upset that you all left Ninja's to join?
CervezaExtra
CervezaExtra

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:17 pm

CervezaExtra wrote:Are Bird and Ali too upset that you all left Ninja's to join?
I know Ali is pissed. I sent bird a pm and got no response. So hell if I know.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Oct 24, 2010 6:18 pm

CervezaExtra wrote:Are Bird and Ali too upset that you all left Ninja's to join?

I completely understand them feeling betrayed. I hope they choose to see things differently at some point.

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sun Oct 24, 2010 6:54 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:

I completely understand them feeling betrayed. I hope they choose to see things differently at some point.

I can understand it too. They tried hard to build up the boxing part of the forum.

Did you notice something about Wolf?

When I first joined the forum in late May (something like that), there wasn't that many boxing posters. There was a decent amount of activity and it was fun.
As the number begun to grow and the number of posters/posts in the boxing section began to swell, then Wolf began to come over to the boxing forum more and more.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:12 pm

Soonermark890 wrote:
I know Ali is pissed. I sent bird a pm and got no response. So hell if I know.

I think Bird understands better than Ali did, I sent Bird a PM asking him if he could delete my account not long after the shit started at Ninjas, he replied that he couldn't, (only Admin could) but that he'd check on it. Bird also said that he could understand the reason why I was leaving. I believe Bird posts on both the MMA Forum as well as the Boxing Forum and has been there longer than most of us.

Ali on the other hand seems to have really gotten pissed/upset at those of us who decided to bail. On the one hand I can understand why he might be upset, (mainly because of the time and energy he devoted to NP) but on the other hand, who the fuck is he to try and tell what we should do? I mean fer christ fucking sakes, a 21 year old kid telling us we need to "grow thick skin" or act like adults? I like Ali, but I don't need some kid telling me how i'm supposed to think.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:37 am

You know Ring's attitude amuses me, once he disagrees with you the temper flares and the curse words start flying left,right and center.

Has it sunk in yet that your argument with Krazy started this mass movement ?

I remember back on ESPN where you use to get into nasty squabbles all the time with fairly normal members.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:51 am

Ali wrote:You know Ring's attitude amuses me, once he disagrees with you the temper flares and the curse words start flying left,right and center.

Has it sunk in yet that your argument with Krazy started this mass movement ?

I remember back on ESPN where you use to get into nasty squabbles all the time with fairly normal members.

I glad I amuze you Ali, coupled along with your half-assed opinion of me, that's nice to know.

In case you hadn't noticed over the years, I'm usually a pretty layed back guy, and don't mind debate, and friendly banter. If I lite into someone, it's usually because they've started some shit-talk with me first, I don't "attack" people without a good reason, like for example that assclown/retard Wolfie, et al.

As for my tiny argument with Krazy starting the mass movement, that's ridiculous, it played a role in why I was considering leaving, but I can't see how it influenced anyone else, nice try at trying to fix blame though Ali.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:13 pm

I don't think any less of you Ring, we generally get along and 95%y of the time you're a great guy. But every now and then you've got a habit of getting into these heated arguments with people. You seem awful sensitive.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:40 pm

Ali wrote:I don't think any less of you Ring, we generally get along and 95%y of the time you're a great guy. But every now and then you've got a habit of getting into these heated arguments with people. You seem awful sensitive.

It may seem like i'm "sensitive" sometimes Ali, but believe me, i'm well insulated. The horseshit that goes on in boxing forums is nothing compared to what i've had to deal with, while growing up, being in the military, raising a family and running my own business for the last 30 years.

I really don't get into that many 'heated arguments' because it's a waste of time, but like I said, if I do, I usually have a good reason for doing so, at first I try to ignore them, but if that fails, i'll come back blasting, I can get just as lude and crude as they can, 2 can play that fucking game.

BTW, there's no reason you can't post in both places Ali, and most of your buds are here anyway, I believe mark said that he'd make you a mod here. (i'm sure marble wouldn't mind that either, hahaha) Give it some thought little Scot dude. pirat

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down