The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Damn we need some fights.

+4
Diego408
captainanddew
dmar5143
Soonermark890
8 posters

Go down

Damn we need some fights. Empty Damn we need some fights.

Post  Soonermark890 Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:52 pm

Boxing is dead right now. Hell there is no MMA either. I just want to watch someone punch someone in the face. Is that too much to ask?
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Damn we need some fights. Empty Re: Damn we need some fights.

Post  dmar5143 Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:06 pm

Soonermark890 wrote:Boxing is dead right now. Hell there is no MMA either. I just want to watch someone punch someone in the face. Is that too much to ask?
..lol lol.sat night it will happen.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:37 pm

That's too far away. I think I might just hold sparring sessions in my class tomorrow lol
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:21 pm

I've had to focus on EPL opening weeks and NFL training camps to get me through.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:23 pm

Fuck August, there was no mainstream fights.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  UBeeg9cats Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:52 pm

September makes up for it though especially the 8th and 15th. I want to see:
9/1
Golovkin-Proksa
Sturm-Geale
9/8
Ward-Dawson
Demarco-Molina
Bailey-Alexander
Matthysse-Olusegun
Adamek-Walker
9/15
Both cards look fun and troy ross gets his shot at cruiser
9/22
Burns-Mitchell
9/29
I like the HBO card and at least am interested if John wins his "Asian Superfight" Laughing

I hope these wins mean bigger things for Golovkin, Alexander, and Matthysse while I hope John fights Caballero next.

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:11 pm

Yeah, it has sucked. Makes you realize how boxing is in your blood.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:14 pm

GrantZilla wrote:Yeah, it has sucked. Makes you realize how boxing is in your blood.

you are on point. I love the NBA. I love March Madness. I love the NFL. I love EPL.

I get excited for all of those, but when they aren't there I don't go through the withdrawal I do when there is no boxing. I don't sit and watch basketball, soccer, or football on youtube when there isn't any on TV!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  UBeeg9cats Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:23 pm

I took a crack at GOR because it has been so quiet around here. Hopefully, I will keep it up through the rest of the year.

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:40 am

cloud-pascal was supposed to be in august as well as WV2-rafa. two good fights got cancelled which gave us a draught.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:12 am

Soonermark890 wrote:Boxing is dead right now. Hell there is no MMA either. I just want to watch someone punch someone in the face. Is that too much to ask?
Sooner, anytime I get like that I just put on some great old fights; Ali - Frazier, Robinson - LaMotta, etc.

Frank

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:00 pm

I don't know any sport where one re-watches and enjoy old events like boxing. Who watches 80 year old games. Yet anyone if it was on would watch in aww seeing Dempsey lay the beatdown on Willard.

The Internet and Utube have been a boxing fans dream. Especially as said, during down times like now
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:24 pm

GrantZilla wrote:I don't know any sport where one re-watches and enjoy old events like boxing. Who watches 80 year old games. Yet anyone if it was on would watch in aww seeing Dempsey lay the beatdown on Willard.

The Internet and Utube have been a boxing fans dream. Especially as said, during down times like now
...that is so true.since im retired for over seven years outside of working 4-5 days a month i find myself for personal enjoyment going to youtube.watching some fights that i saw live 40-50 even 60 years ago.also catching a fight i missed because i worked that sat night or to watch a fight that happened in the past few years that i missed but you guys talk about.i also enjoy watching films outdated but still enjoyable of the pioneers fighting.catching interviews of a conn or a louis or a max baer a galento etc etc that happened well before my time.boxing is the one sport that for over 100 plus years and more that has captured and preserved its history on film.many times in its entire form.theres nothing like babe ruth pitching a shutout in the world series.or chrisy matthewson or walter johnson seen pitching a full game.there are no complete football games showing jim thrope in colledge at his legendary best.yes the past 60-65 years on film there history is preserved to a certain degree.boxing has its historical moments in tact.the long count the great white hope the solar pleaxes punch ...we can talk about dempsey wining the title some 93 years ago.johnson vs jeffries like some 102 years ago like it was yesterday.no other sport does that on a constant basis.hell whens the last time you heard a football fan talk about don hudson crazy legs hursh sammy baugh ...realy think about it..whens the last time you heared a boxing fan talk about sugar ray robinson harry greb marciano joe louis..how about yesterday or today..you tube helps big time because boxing fans are unique..we realy are.hell its almost 50 years since ali won the title..it seems like yesterday.at least to me.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down