The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

50 Cent launches TMT Promotions

+9
dbudge
nano212
SlickMoney
koolkc107
Diego408
NJBeatdown86
captainanddew
kbyte
GrantZilla
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

50 Cent launches TMT Promotions - Page 2 Empty Re: 50 Cent launches TMT Promotions

Post  Guest Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:23 pm

Diego408 wrote:According to Steve Kim Dirrell left Haymon to sign with 50

Oooh I hope this is the beginning of the end for Darth Haymon.

Back to top Go down

50 Cent launches TMT Promotions - Page 2 Empty Re: 50 Cent launches TMT Promotions

Post  Gumby Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:33 pm

flapanther2001 wrote:
Gumby wrote:I had no clue about this but I like it. They've already gotten some big names and I trust 50. Make jokes all you want but that man knows how to hustle, knows how to promote, and seems to care about the sport.
You trust 50? LMFAO!!
I'm going to go ahead and assume that 50 is a better businessman than anyone on this foru. Certainly a better marketer and promoter. He built himself into an industry starting with nothing. So yeah, I trust 50 when it comes to making money and figuring out the market.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:40 pm

Gumby wrote:
flapanther2001 wrote:
Gumby wrote:I had no clue about this but I like it. They've already gotten some big names and I trust 50. Make jokes all you want but that man knows how to hustle, knows how to promote, and seems to care about the sport.
You trust 50? LMFAO!!
I'm going to go ahead and assume that 50 is a better businessman than anyone on this foru. Certainly a better marketer and promoter. He built himself into an industry starting with nothing. So yeah, I trust 50 when it comes to making money and figuring out the market.
He made his money dealing drugs and selling Rap to mindless youths. What else has he done to convince you that he's a great business man? He didn't invent the Rap genre, he got on the train.
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:03 pm

Woodsy1069 Michael Woods
RT @AndreBerto: 3 hour Power Meeting with the big homie @50cent..... Big plans in the works

I would love to hear/see Lou's reaction to this.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:22 pm

50 Cent launches TMT Promotions - Page 2 Media_12422697

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:29 pm

TMT ("The Money Team") Promotions, recently formed by the union of Floyd Mayweather Jr. and his friend, millionaire rapper 50 Cent (aka, Curtis Jackson), could boost the sport of boxing in the African American community and make it easier to negotiate a bout between Mayweather and Manny Pacquiao, according to Top Rank CEO Bob Arum, who handles Pacquiao.

Arum said that he believes Jackson could elevate the status of African American fighters in much the same way that Top Rank has for Latino boxers such as Juan Manuel Marquez, Miguel Cotto, Antonio Margarito and Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.

"I wish [50 Cent] and his company a lot of luck, because he has, in his business career, been able to energize the African American community and to reach out to them. If he does that as he expects to do in boxing, then that will help everybody in boxing," said Arum.

"It would be just in the same way that we have helped everybody in boxing when we energized the Hispanic American community and got them involved in the sport to where (they are the) biggest fans now. I really and truly wish them the best of luck, and I'm rooting for them."

During an exclusive interview with RingTV.com, 50 Cent said that he would begin running TMT Promotions along with Mayweather when the fighter is released from his 87-day sentence at the Clark County Detention Center on Aug. 3.

Although Mayweather's past six fights have been promoted by Golden Boy Promotions, it is unclear whether or not that relationship would continue under TMT, even as Golden Boy CEO Richard Schaefer has expressed optimism about working with 50 Cent.

Golden Boy never has signed Mayweather to a promotional contract. But since the fighter's company, Mayweather Promotions, does not have a promoter's license, Mayweather paid Golden Boy a flat fee to promote Mayweather's bouts.

Schaefer and Golden Boy Promotions President Oscar De La Hoya are in London at the Olympics and could not immediately be reached for comment.

But Top Rank and Golden Boy have failed in their past three attempts to negotiate bouts between Mayweather and Pacquiao.

"I would think that if (50 Cent) promoted Floyd, then it would make a matchup between Pacquiao and Mayweather that much easier," said Arum. "You would have somebody that is a friend and a mentor that he can rely on and they would protect his interests in any kind of promotion, and I would be on the side of Pacquiao."

"I think that it would work wonderfully. In other words, I'm not looking to be the only promoter here because that might be very awkward. But certainly in a deal where Mayweather had his own promotional company, and Pacquiao his own, being us, I think that it would work splendidly."

In the meantime, Jackson, on behalf of TMT, has signed Australian IBF featherweight beltholder Billy Dib to a stable that already includes super middleweight contender Andre Dirrell and former featherweight titleholder Yuriorkis Gamboa.

Jackson has obtained a license in New York and has received an application for one in Nevada, according to Nevada State Athletic Commission executive director Keith Kizer.

http://ringtv.craveonline.com/blog/174137-lems-latest-

Back to top Go down

Post  SlickMoney Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:43 pm

I wonder if Berto is leaving Haymon also.
SlickMoney
SlickMoney

Back to top Go down

Post  SlickMoney Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:50 pm

flapanther2001 wrote:
Gumby wrote:
flapanther2001 wrote:
You trust 50? LMFAO!!
He made his money dealing drugs and selling Rap to mindless youths. What else has he done to convince you that he's a great business man? He didn't invent the Rap genre, he got on the train.

He made millions off vitamin water. Has the energy drink Street King out now which looks to be successful.

You say he didn't invent the rap genre well he's not looking to.invent the Boxing genre. He's definitely business savvy. Now that doesn't always guarantee success but I will give him the benefit of the doubt.
SlickMoney
SlickMoney

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:27 am

Looks like Judah's on his way to TMT.

"I just left 50," Judah said. "He's a very interesting person. I've spent a lot of time with him when he was in (Las) Vegas (where Judah lives). We've been friends. I've been knowing 50 for a long time. His brain for business is phenomenal. We met Monday and (Tuesday). When you're doing big things it takes time. Anything that comes fast is not worth it. We're planning on doing it big.

"I like what 50 brings to the table. It's a great game plan. I think it will be a very good situation that will play out in boxing. It'll be something new and fresh."

http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id/8219934/zab-judah-nears-deal-promoter-50-cent

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:16 pm

50 Cent launches TMT Promotions - Page 2 Mike-tyson-50-cent%20(2)

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:41 am

SlickMoney wrote:I wonder if Berto is leaving Haymon also.

I think this all being done with Haymon's backing

Berto would be leaving DiBella
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:54 pm

Haymon is a manager not a promoter. I'm sure he is still pulling all the strings

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:17 pm

dbudge wrote:Haymon is a manager not a promoter. I'm sure he is still pulling all the strings

Al Haymon is a mixture of Hades and Emperor Palpitine.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:40 pm

TMT tried to sign Cotto but he declined saying he likes the freedom of being a free agent.

http://www.boxingscene.com/tmt-promotions-attempt-sign-up-miguel-cotto--55899

Back to top Go down

Post  SlickMoney Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:44 pm

gomez1012 wrote:
SlickMoney wrote:I wonder if Berto is leaving Haymon also.

I think this all being done with Haymon's backing

Berto would be leaving DiBella

True that. I asked because it was reported that Dirrell left Haymon for TMT.
SlickMoney
SlickMoney

Back to top Go down

Post  SlickMoney Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:47 pm

I wonder if TMT is going to be a brand like UFC or will they try to build fighters a fanbase.

They're signing guys who have no fanbase so it makes me think they'll just put on Supercards.
SlickMoney
SlickMoney

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:47 am

SlickMoney wrote:I wonder if TMT is going to be a brand like UFC or will they try to build fighters a fanbase.

They're signing guys who have no fanbase so it makes me think they'll just put on Supercards.

Would be the smart way to go, fuck trying to develop or build guys into draws, just give fans what they want FIGHTS.
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:18 pm

gomez1012 wrote:
SlickMoney wrote:I wonder if TMT is going to be a brand like UFC or will they try to build fighters a fanbase.

Would be the smart way to go, fuck trying to develop or build guys into draws, just give fans what they want FIGHTS.

I just don't see how that will happen as far as economics. These guys aren't leaving their promoters to go get paid peanuts. And no way can have stacked PPVs and pay these guys as much as they demand.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2