The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brian Viloria vs. Hernan Marquez likely for Sept 29th

Go down

Brian Viloria vs. Hernan Marquez likely for Sept 29th Empty Brian Viloria vs. Hernan Marquez likely for Sept 29th

Post  Guest Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:27 pm

According to Zanfer Promotions, WBA world flyweight champion Hernán "Tyson" Marquez (34-2, 25KOs) will challenge the flyweight king of the WBO, Brian ¨Hawian Punch¨ Vilora (31-3, 18KOs), on a tentative date of September 29 at the Home Depot Center in Carson, California.

Marquez is not very satisfied with his close split decision victory over Filipino Fernando Lumacad, which took place this past Saturday.

"I felt a lot of pain in the right ankle from the third round on. Lumacad did not want to fight, and he stayed far away and his sole intention was to finish the fight standing. I could not cut him off," Marquez said.

"The fight against Lumacad gave me a good idea that 115-pounds is not yet my ideal weight, so I'll remain a little longer at 112-pounds. I plan to challenge Viloria in September. Viloria is tough, but his style is good for me because Viloria loves to fight."

Marquez will soon meet with his team to work out a strategy for training and then he plans to begin his next camp on August 5th.

http://www.boxingscene.com/viloria-marquez-tentative-sept-29-home-depot--55077

Back to top Go down

Brian Viloria vs. Hernan Marquez likely for Sept 29th Empty Re: Brian Viloria vs. Hernan Marquez likely for Sept 29th

Post  NJBeatdown86 Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:59 pm

I was hoping he'd fight Roman Gonzalez, but this is a good fight too.
NJBeatdown86
NJBeatdown86

Back to top Go down