The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brian Viloria is back under suspicious circumstances

3 posters

Go down

Brian Viloria is back under suspicious circumstances Empty Brian Viloria is back under suspicious circumstances

Post  Guest Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:44 pm

Former IBF and WBC light flyweight world champion Brian Viloria (29-3, 16 KOs) dethroned reigning WBO flyweight champion Julio Cesar Miranda (35-6-1, 28 KOs) via twelve round unanimous decision on Saturday night at the Blaisdell Center in Honolulu, Hawaii. Viloria got off to a good start by dropping Miranda in round one with a body shot but Miranda came back over the second half of the fight. Unfortunately more judging problems as the officials apparently lost two rounds of the twelve round bout. Scores were announced as 98-91, 96-93, 97-93.

http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/viloria-dethrones-miranda-90154

Back to top Go down

Brian Viloria is back under suspicious circumstances Empty Re: Brian Viloria is back under suspicious circumstances

Post  captainanddew Sun Jul 17, 2011 2:39 pm

yeah, I saw that. gotta love a 12 round fight with those scores. did the judges operate on the 9 point must system? Or is there something wrong with the report?
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Brian Viloria is back under suspicious circumstances Empty Re: Brian Viloria is back under suspicious circumstances

Post  GrantZilla Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:14 pm

I vote we got back to the No Decision days, and for official records, use the media consensus on who won the fight.

Clearly commissions can not gurantee a fair fight, and fair judging. Those scores were written out before the fight even started

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:16 pm

GrantZilla wrote:I vote we got back to the No Decision days, and for official records, use the media consensus on who won the fight.

Clearly commissions can not gurantee a fair fight, and fair judging. Those scores were written out before the fight even started

I would hope if they were written out before the fight started that the judges would have a score like 116-112 for a 12 round fight, not something in the 90s.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  SlickMoney Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:22 pm

captainanddew wrote:
GrantZilla wrote:I vote we got back to the No Decision days, and for official records, use the media consensus on who won the fight.

I would hope if they were written out before the fight started that the judges would have a score like 116-112 for a 12 round fight, not something in the 90s.

3 judges fucked up their math?

Anyway, Viloria vs Roman Gonzalez please.
SlickMoney
SlickMoney

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down