The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sigh........

+2
NJBeatdown86
SlickMoney
6 posters

Go down

Sigh........ Empty Sigh........

Post  Guest Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:12 pm

"Absolutely, that's a fight we'll look at," Moretti said. "It's definitely a big fight. The more Kelly fights and re-establishes himself, and the better Chavez gets, the more a fight like that can come together. That's a pretty big pay-per-view fight."

http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id/7831360/kelly-pavlik-continue-comeback-espn2-friday-night-fights-june-8

Back to top Go down

Sigh........ Empty Re: Sigh........

Post  SlickMoney Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:06 pm

Chavez Jr PPV's can do 250k - 300k against the right opponent. For that reason i cant blame TR for doing them.
SlickMoney
SlickMoney

Back to top Go down

Post  NJBeatdown86 Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:54 pm

Blame the Bum Jr. fans (his dad's fans) for buying them, TR wouldn't put them out if people didn't buy them.
NJBeatdown86
NJBeatdown86

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:05 pm

NJBeatdown86 wrote:Blame the Bum Jr. fans (his dad's fans) for buying them, TR wouldn't put them out if people didn't buy them.

he gets enough PPV buys and fans come out to see him. TR is making money so while I don't want to pay to see any fight he is involved in, I understand it.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  UBeeg9cats Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:41 pm

I wonder how TR will market this fight. Do they force Pavlik to 160 or do they try to get Pavlik the WBO trinket through Stieglitz/Abraham?

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:43 pm

UBeeg9cats wrote:I wonder how TR will market this fight. Do they force Pavlik to 160 or do they try to get Pavlik the WBO trinket through Stieglitz/Abraham?

or option 3 they just make it 164 or so. Pavlik could make that without too many issues. and it would help Chavez Jr. whose body is going to just not go down to 160 pretty soon.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:38 pm

Pavlik would literally kill Jr.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:08 pm

hardcorebee24 wrote:Pavlik would literally kill Jr.

YES!!!!

But think about it. Arum doesn't want Chavez Jr. to lose to Martinez.

And when Chavez Jr. moves up to 168, he is going to be in deep trouble when he faces guys who are the same size.

So Arum knows a loss is coming for Chavez Jr. I think he would much rather have the loss be to Pavlik.

Arum can still make money selling Chavez Jr. on small TR PPVs and fighting in Mexico for years.

A Pavlik win gets Pavlik another big fight. That is 2 big fights for Pavlik to make money for TR. And that is all they want. Multiple paydays for Pavlik and especially for them.

captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:17 am

I get that Jr has fans to milk but it still doesn't excuse the fact this is even being considered for PPV, maybe a couple years ago when Pavlik was the MW king but not now.

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:39 am

Hagler's Bald Head wrote:I get that Jr has fans to milk but it still doesn't excuse the fact this is even being considered for PPV, maybe a couple years ago when Pavlik was the MW king but not now.

We can hate it, but PPV is about business. If a fight can do 250,000 or 300,000 buys, and you can put 10,000 plus in the seats, then it makes sense to do it on PPV.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:41 am

captainanddew wrote:
Hagler's Bald Head wrote:I get that Jr has fans to milk but it still doesn't excuse the fact this is even being considered for PPV, maybe a couple years ago when Pavlik was the MW king but not now.

We can hate it, but PPV is about business. If a fight can do 250,000 or 300,000 buys, and you can put 10,000 plus in the seats, then it makes sense to do it on PPV.

IMO this is the type of fight WCB was designed for.

After a brief ban on PPV's it seems old habits die hard. Boxing's future looks bleaker and bleaker Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:08 am

I'll be honest.

When HBO shows something like 20 fights a year total on WCB, Chavez Jr. vs Pavlik isn't one of them that should be shown. There is alot better fighters and fights.

There are 16 divisions. Can't we see the best of the best? Chavez Jr. and Pavlik aren't the best of the best.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:29 pm

hardcorebee24 wrote:Pavlik would literally kill Jr.

+1
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down