The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Salido May Return on 7/21 against Jhonny Gonzalez?

3 posters

Go down

Salido May Return on 7/21 against Jhonny Gonzalez? Empty Salido May Return on 7/21 against Jhonny Gonzalez?

Post  GrantZilla Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:05 am

WBO featherweight champion Orlando Salido (38-11-2, 26 KOs) is looking at a possible return on July 21st, and WBC featherweight champion Jhonny Gonzalez is the fight he wants most. He's waiting for the outcome of the April 28th clash between Gonzalez (51-7, 45KOs) and mandatory challenger Elio Rojas.

"I believe that good fight are coming my way. We want to unify this year. I want to unify one or two titles and then move up to 130-pounds. Jhonny was the better fighter last year, and I know that talks have already begun and I think it's a matter of time before I get that fight," Salido said.

Sean Gibbons, the agent of Salido, said - "We want the fight with Johnny, we love it. If we can win that fight, then we could look at Adrien Broner, Gary Russell, Celestino Caballero - there is a good range of opportunities."

http://tinyurl.com/cfnopqd
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Salido May Return on 7/21 against Jhonny Gonzalez? Empty Re: Salido May Return on 7/21 against Jhonny Gonzalez?

Post  Guest Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:02 pm

Good fight, hope Showtime or HBO picks it up.

Back to top Go down

Salido May Return on 7/21 against Jhonny Gonzalez? Empty Re: Salido May Return on 7/21 against Jhonny Gonzalez?

Post  captainanddew Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:25 pm

That fight isn't going the distance. Someone is getting KTFO'd.

Showtime might pick it up. Don't think HBO will grab it because they only seem to want certain fighters.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:11 pm

Hagler's Bald Head wrote:Good fight, hope Showtime or HBO picks it up.

+1

Should be a very fan friendly bout
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down