The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kirkland: If He Wants Another Ass-Whooping, I'm All For It

2 posters

Go down

Kirkland: If He Wants Another Ass-Whooping, I'm All For It Empty Kirkland: If He Wants Another Ass-Whooping, I'm All For It

Post  GrantZilla Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:12 pm

Junior middleweight contender James Kirkland (31-1, 27KOs) is ready to fight Carlos Molina (19-5-2, 6KOs) in a rematch, but it depends on the ultimate decision of his management team.

Last Saturday night at Reliant Arena in Houston, Texas - Kirkland, behind on the scorecards, was coming on and knocked Molina down in the tenth round. The bell rang to signal the end of the round and Molina was already on his feet - but then one of Molina's cornermen briefly entered the ring and stepped out - and in a very controversial call - referee Jon Schorle issued a disqualification call.

Molina's team is petitioning to change the official result to a no-contest. If he gets the okay from his team, Kirkland is happy to do it again to set the record straight. Kirkland believes he was on his way to knocking Molina out.

"Right now I don't care. Molina if he wants that [rematch], I'll give him exactly what he wants. I have a team and I'm allowing my team to move me where they want to move me. If they tell me 'Carlos wants another ass-whopping, give it to him' and we'll work that. I'll say cool I'm all for it. If they tell me to fight this person or that person, I'm all for it. My job is to train and fight. I'll fight Carlos any day, but I have a team and we're going to put our heads together and see what we're going to do," Kirkland said.

http://tinyurl.com/bmoe52s

Kirkland: If He Wants Another Ass-Whooping, I'm All For It 46698110
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Kirkland: If He Wants Another Ass-Whooping, I'm All For It Empty Re: Kirkland: If He Wants Another Ass-Whooping, I'm All For It

Post  captainanddew Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:22 pm

he may have held alot and got dropped one in the 10th round, but come on James. Even you know he had your head snapping back with his potshots all night.

Watched the fight again last night. Molina was holding a ton.

1-Kirkland allowed himself to be held. You are a muscle bound fighter. How about bulling Molina's ass. Throw his ass off of you when he holds. He holds you more than a couple times in a round then go football player and drive his ass until he falls over.

It isn't as if the ref would have taken a point if Kirkland did so.

2-Kirkland looked very dry when fight started. Still looked dry after a couple of rounds. How much trouble did he have making weight?

3-Kirkland is not to be mistaken for being a speed demon but he appeared to be fighting underwater for most of the rounds. Yes, Molina isn't as slow as Angulo, but damn. Kirkland looked very sluggish nonetheless.

4-Molina could have held less and still been successful. He could have turned Kirkland instead of holding him.

captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down