The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

el terrible fails to make the weight

+8
Tobe
dmar5143
Diego408
powerpuncher
hardcorebee24
GrantZilla
Soonermark890
Rum Capital
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

el terrible fails to make the weight - Page 2 Empty Re: el terrible fails to make the weight

Post  Tobe Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:37 am

That NBC card is looking better and better in comparison. Morales needs to hang 'em up if that's all the effort he's willing to put in.
Tobe
Tobe

Back to top Go down

el terrible fails to make the weight - Page 2 Empty Re: el terrible fails to make the weight

Post  Guest Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:37 pm

Floyd got alot of heat for being too lazy to lose 2lbs for the Marquez fight, I wonder if Morales will get the same treatment.

Back to top Go down

Post  nano212 Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:30 pm

hardcorebee24 wrote:"I'm not too worried about the belt; the important thing is the fight," Morales said through translator Robert Diaz, one of Golden Boy Promotions' matchmakers. "I already won the fourth belt so it doesn't matter to me."- Eric Morales

What a dick.

These fighters love to show of belts and this proves that if JCC jr is not forced to fight Matinez he will not care! (even tho IMO he has a good chance of beating him) Because if they strip him of his "title" he still has the WBC belt at home in his trophy case to show off! Just like Morales having his "4th World Title in different weight classes bullshit accomplishment" in his trophy case! Garcia is going to be to fast for Morales any ways tonight!
nano212
nano212

Back to top Go down

Post  SlickMoney Sat Mar 24, 2012 4:35 pm

They should have fined Morales way more than 25k. What is 25k to somebody who's making 1 mill plus? Should've been at least 250k. I'd take it to the extreme and penalize a fighter 50% of his purse.
SlickMoney
SlickMoney

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:04 pm

Erik Morales Explains Why He Refused To Shed Weight

Tijuana's Erik "El Terrible" Morales (52-7, 36 KO's) explained why he refused to shed off any more excess weight for tonight's fight with undefeated Danny Garcia (22-0, 14KOs) at Reliant Arena in Houston, Texas. At Friday's weigh-in, Morales weighed in at 142-pounds, two pounds over the junior welterweight limit. Rather than take his two hours to sweat off the weight, he vacated the WBC 140-pound title and took a $50,000 fine [$25,000 per pound over the limit].

According to Morales, he was trying to avoid a repeat of his past mistakes against Manny Pacquiao, where the Mexican veteran killed himself on the scale to make weight and got knocked out badly in their rematch and their trilogy meeting.

“I believe that it was better to take care of the fight than the championship. I tried [to drop the weight] but I couldn't do it. I was worried that if I [attempted to remove] the weight, it was going to [affect] the fight. Nevertheless, I think we made a good decision, now I can look good and we can recover [from the weigh-in] and win. The championships will continue to come," Morales said.

"Once I was threatened with $500,000 dollars for each pound over the limit [in the third Pacquiao fight]. Now it's only $25 thousand, but I will not make the same mistake twice of killing myself on the scale. We are going forward and we're going to win. I had a choice to either give up the weight or go for the win and I decided to go for the win."

http://tinyurl.com/6wu98g5
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  nano212 Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:26 pm

GrantZilla wrote:Erik Morales Explains Why He Refused To Shed Weight

Tijuana's Erik "El Terrible" Morales (52-7, 36 KO's) explained why he refused to shed off any more excess weight for tonight's fight with undefeated Danny Garcia (22-0, 14KOs) at Reliant Arena in Houston, Texas. At Friday's weigh-in, Morales weighed in at 142-pounds, two pounds over the junior welterweight limit. Rather than take his two hours to sweat off the weight, he vacated the WBC 140-pound title and took a $50,000 fine [$25,000 per pound over the limit].

According to Morales, he was trying to avoid a repeat of his past mistakes against Manny Pacquiao, where the Mexican veteran killed himself on the scale to make weight and got knocked out badly in their rematch and their trilogy meeting.

“I believe that it was better to take care of the fight than the championship. I tried [to drop the weight] but I couldn't do it. I was worried that if I [attempted to remove] the weight, it was going to [affect] the fight. Nevertheless, I think we made a good decision, now I can look good and we can recover [from the weigh-in] and win. The championships will continue to come," Morales said.

"Once I was threatened with $500,000 dollars for each pound over the limit [in the third Pacquiao fight]. Now it's only $25 thousand, but I will not make the same mistake twice of killing myself on the scale. We are going forward and we're going to win. I had a choice to either give up the weight or go for the win and I decided to go for the win."

http://tinyurl.com/6wu98g5

Its still unprofessional of Morales not to make the contracted weight! But if the penalty is what it is in the contract either take the extra $$$ if you are Garcia and feel those 2 pounds will not be the difference in the fight or go the other route and cancel the fight like Cotto did with JLC not making weight! If Garcia would have pulled out he would have gotten no pay so he was kinda of in a lose lose situtation that the unprofessional Morales put him in!
nano212
nano212

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:47 pm

It's bullshit what Morales did. If he can't make the weight, then don't fucking fight in that weight class. Instead, he's fucking over Garcia.

It's cheating, plain and simple. How is this not any worst than using PEDs. Garcia made the weight, Morales did not. So Garcia might be the weaker fighter for making the contracted weight, but Morales won't be.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:30 pm

such a joke.

He said he didn't cut the last couple pounds because it would affect the fight. HIs meaning is affect his performance.

Fuck you Erik Morales.

If you weren't going to make weight you could have called Garcia's team on wednesday and see if you could go ahead and negotiate the weight up to 142.

Then you wouldn't have an advantage by not cutting the last few pounds dehydrating yourself while Garcia had to. A fucking joke.

captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:32 pm

GrantZilla wrote:It's bullshit what Morales did. If he can't make the weight, then don't fucking fight in that weight class. Instead, he's fucking over Garcia.

It's cheating, plain and simple. How is this not any worst than using PEDs. Garcia made the weight, Morales did not. So Garcia might be the weaker fighter for making the contracted weight, but Morales won't be.

i agree. if you cant make the weight, dont be in that weight class.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:42 pm

powerpuncher wrote:
GrantZilla wrote:It's bullshit what Morales did. If he can't make the weight, then don't fucking fight in that weight class. Instead, he's fucking over Garcia.

i agree. if you cant make the weight, dont be in that weight class.

or at least don't make your opponent make the weight. If you get to the final week and negotiate it higher that is fine with me. What is fair for one fighter is fair for the other.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:27 pm

It's official. Koncz is calling off the Marquez-Mayol fight because Marquez failed to make weight four seperate times he stepped on the scale.

http://tinyurl.com/826e5u9
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:38 pm

GrantZilla wrote:It's official. Koncz is calling off the Marquez-Mayol fight because Marquez failed to make weight four seperate times he stepped on the scale.

I think what transpired here was for the better, now we have a rematch! Its Tyson Marquez vs Richie Mepranum II. Mepranun Gave Marquez his first professional loss a few years ago. This should be good.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:45 pm

From the article Koncz isn't going to allow Mepranum to fight Marquez either.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  nano212 Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:46 pm

Diego408 wrote:
GrantZilla wrote:It's official. Koncz is calling off the Marquez-Mayol fight because Marquez failed to make weight four seperate times he stepped on the scale.

I think what transpired here was pure bullshit on the part of Marquez and his team, now we have a rematch! Its Tyson Marquez vs Richie Mepranum II. Mepranun Gave Marquez his first professional loss a few years ago. This should be protested and lead to suspension of Marquez and fines.
nano212
nano212

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:46 pm

Fat Dan just tweeted this not too long ago. This article is from way before.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:47 pm

My bad, Fat Dan retweeted that from Jimmy Lennon jr 2 hours ago.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  nano212 Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:48 pm

GrantZilla wrote:From the article Koncz isn't going to allow Mepranum to fight Marquez either.

Ariza and others in the Pac camp have made Koncz out to be a dickhead and money hungry little fucker, but today proved that he might be a dickhead and money hungry at least he did the right thing and pulled his fighters out of that bullshit going in Mexico with the weight issues!
nano212
nano212

Back to top Go down

Post  Shaun Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:58 pm

Morales wasn't motivated for this fight. He needs to re-retire.
Shaun
Shaun

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:08 pm

Shaun wrote:Morales wasn't motivated for this fight. He needs to re-retire.

And yet I only had him losing 115-112, Garcia's lucky Erik wasn't a couple years younger and lighter.

Back to top Go down

Post  Shaun Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:16 pm

Hagler's Bald Head wrote:

And yet I only had him losing 115-112, Garcia's lucky Erik wasn't a couple years younger and lighter.

Obviously.

However, I didn't score it as close as you did.
Shaun
Shaun

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:23 pm

Shaun wrote:
Hagler's Bald Head wrote:

Obviously.

However, I didn't score it as close as you did.

Last night made me realize Garcia is a tad overrated.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2