The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dimitrenko-Pulev on The Huck-Afolabi May 5 Undercard

Go down

Dimitrenko-Pulev on The Huck-Afolabi May 5 Undercard Empty Dimitrenko-Pulev on The Huck-Afolabi May 5 Undercard

Post  GrantZilla Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:55 pm

As previously reported on BoxingScene.com, WBO cruiserweight champion Marco Huck (34-2, 25 KOs) will make his mandatory defence against interim champion Ola Afolabi (19-2-3, 9 KOs) in Erfurt, Germany on May 5. It will be the second time the two fighters face each other in the ring, with Huck clinching a close points victory in their first meeting in December 2009.

Also on the card is the long awaited heavyweight clash between Alexander Dimitrenko (32-, 21KOs) and undefeated Kubrat Pulev (15-0, 7KOs), who clash for the vacant EBU title.

Huck beat Afolabi on a close decision in December of 2009 - it was so close in fact that many felt Afolabi had nicked it. Afolabi beat Valery Brudov to win the interim title while Huck lost a close, controversial decision to WBA "regular" heavyweight champ Alexander Povetkin in February.

“I had just won the title against Victor Emilio Ramirez and then had to make my first defence against Afolabi,” Huck said. It was a tough fight and I won on points. Afolabi has been victorious in all of his fights ever since. He seems to have gotten stronger. I will be prepared for a hard night on May 5.”

http://tinyurl.com/86kzuh7
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down