The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Caballero willing to face Wilfredo Vazquez Jr at 126lb

+2
dbudge
captainanddew
6 posters

Go down

Caballero willing to face Wilfredo Vazquez Jr at 126lb Empty Caballero willing to face Wilfredo Vazquez Jr at 126lb

Post  Guest Fri Nov 26, 2010 3:39 am

BoxingScene.com spoke to WBA super bantamweight champion Celestino "Pelenchin" Caballero about his future plans after Saturday's clash with Jason Litzau. After failing to secure a meaningful at 126 pounds, Caballero is testing the waters in the super featherweight division.

Caballero plans to move back down to 126 pounds in hopes of landing a big fight versus one of the division's champions. "You know I want to fight Gamboa or Juanma or one of the other champions at 126 pounds. Hopefully we can make it happen."

Usually it is Caballero calling out other fighters but recently WBO super bantamweight champion Wilfredo Vasquez Jr. called out the Panamanian. Caballero told BoxingScene, "Yes he called me out but to fight at 122 pounds. I would have to kill myself to get down to that weight. That's why I moved up to 126 in the first place. I can't make the weight anymore."

Caballero is however willing to fight WV2 if the Puerto Rican moves up to 126 pounds. "If a good deal is negotiated of course I would fight him. I want to make it clear my preference is Juanma or Gamboa. If that can't happen and Vasquez wants to fight me I will fight him," explained Pelenchin.

Caballero thinks a fight with Vasquez would be a mismatch due to the fact that the second generation champion only has 20 pro fights and no amateur experience. "That is why I want to fight Juanma and Gamboa. They have the experience and fighting them will really be better fights for the fans."

http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=33204

Back to top Go down

Caballero willing to face Wilfredo Vazquez Jr at 126lb Empty Re: Caballero willing to face Wilfredo Vazquez Jr at 126lb

Post  captainanddew Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:11 am

Ali wrote:BoxingScene.com spoke to WBA super bantamweight champion Celestino "Pelenchin" Caballero about his future plans after Saturday's clash with Jason Litzau. After failing to secure a meaningful at 126 pounds, Caballero is testing the waters in the super featherweight division.

Caballero plans to move back down to 126 pounds in hopes of landing a big fight versus one of the division's champions. "You know I want to fight Gamboa or Juanma or one of the other champions at 126 pounds. Hopefully we can make it happen."

Usually it is Caballero calling out other fighters but recently WBO super bantamweight champion Wilfredo Vasquez Jr. called out the Panamanian. Caballero told BoxingScene, "Yes he called me out but to fight at 122 pounds. I would have to kill myself to get down to that weight. That's why I moved up to 126 in the first place. I can't make the weight anymore."

Caballero is however willing to fight WV2 if the Puerto Rican moves up to 126 pounds. "If a good deal is negotiated of course I would fight him. I want to make it clear my preference is Juanma or Gamboa. If that can't happen and Vasquez wants to fight me I will fight him," explained Pelenchin.

Caballero thinks a fight with Vasquez would be a mismatch due to the fact that the second generation champion only has 20 pro fights and no amateur experience. "That is why I want to fight Juanma and Gamboa. They have the experience and fighting them will really be better fights for the fans."

http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=33204

Vazquez Jr. needs more seasoning before taking on top guys. If I were his management I would avoid the big boys for at least 18-24 months, keep him in the ring, with a good level of competition.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Caballero willing to face Wilfredo Vazquez Jr at 126lb Empty Re: Caballero willing to face Wilfredo Vazquez Jr at 126lb

Post  dbudge Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:38 am

i love Caballero

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  Freddie1437 Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:03 pm

That's why I love Caballero, he'll fight anyone, I sure hopes he gets to fight JuanMa or Gamboa soon.
Freddie1437
Freddie1437

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:57 pm

caballero is a good fighter that needs to get more fights. plus, he makes for exciting fights. he is getting older so i hope that fights can be made before he gets too old.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:45 pm

I gotta love both of these guys. Caballero would fight Godzilla, and for WVJr. to call him out? Outstanding!!! Vasquez Jr. looked good in his last fight, started a bit slow, but finished nicely. He's got a bit to go before facing the likes of "Pelenchin" though.
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:59 pm

I believe HBO is looking to make Caballero vs Gamboa next year if Pelenchin comes through Saturday
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down