The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BOXINGS NEXT GREAT ONE

+6
dbudge
captainanddew
Soonermark890
GrantZilla
powerpuncher
dmar5143
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

BOXINGS NEXT GREAT ONE - Page 2 Empty Re: BOXINGS NEXT GREAT ONE

Post  captainanddew Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:29 pm

the lost generation of the 80s did have some talent.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:31 pm

captainanddew wrote:the lost generation of the 80s did have some talent.
...yep.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Sat Mar 17, 2012 2:51 am

In order for any fighter to be the "Next great one", he'll need an opponent to help make him great. Louis had Schmeling, SRL had Hearns/Hagler. Manny & Floyd have each other but won't fight. No fighters stick around long enough to be "great" anymore. They jump around chasing money without securing their legacies first. Maybe Ward, if he gets the Bute fight, wins, and conquers Lt Hwt after that.
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:09 am

sooner and gentlemen i just bumpted this to show debudge and i both felt broner the real deal.the next great one.he sure can be if he dont screw it up like camacho.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:57 pm

dmar5143 wrote:sooner and gentlemen i just bumpted this to show debudge and i both felt broner the real deal.the next great one.he sure can be if he dont screw it up like camacho.

Nice one d

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:12 pm

dmar5143 wrote:sooner and gentlemen i just bumpted this to show debudge and i both felt broner the real deal.the next great one.he sure can be if he dont screw it up like camacho.
You guys are probably right. I was really impressed last night.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:19 pm

Broner clearly has the physical tools, but he has yet to be tested. DeMarco was a weak belt holder & yeah, he had a hard time with Ponce de Leon. We'll have to wait & see what his promoters do with him as far as competition because that will decide how big a "star" he becomes. It's not all about Broner because there are fighters out there with belts & great records that are not stars.
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:29 am

flapanther2001 wrote:Broner clearly has the physical tools, but he has yet to be tested. DeMarco was a weak belt holder & yeah, he had a hard time with Ponce de Leon. We'll have to wait & see what his promoters do with him as far as competition because that will decide how big a "star" he becomes. It's not all about Broner because there are fighters out there with belts & great records that are not stars.
i agree for the most part.

last night showed me that broner is definitely a solid fighter. he has what it takes to rise to the top. i believe that he was the best at 130 and i believe now that he is the best at 135 (although i hope he fights burns to unify the belts). both of those weight classes are weak but it doesnt take away from the fact that he is the best in both. i believe that he will rise to the "superstar" status, but he wont get there until he moves up weight again and beats someone more known.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  koolkc107 Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:50 am

If I am Broner, I don't even waste time on Burns.

And given Burn's history, he and his folks will find an excuse not to fight Broner anyway.

Like Danny Garcia, I think Broner should be trying for a big fight right now.

He is young and even if he gets beat, he still has his whole career in front of him.
koolkc107
koolkc107

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:54 am

koolkc107 wrote:If I am Broner, I don't even waste time on Burns.

And given Burn's history, he and his folks will find an excuse not to fight Broner anyway.

He is young and even if he gets beat, he still has his whole career in front of him.
beating burns does a lot for him. it means that he will be the legitamate champion at 135 which is a big thing nowadays. after beating burns, then he can go up and take a bigger fight.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  kbyte Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:42 am

powerpuncher wrote:
koolkc107 wrote:If I am Broner, I don't even waste time on Burns.

beating burns does a lot for him. it means that he will be the legitamate champion at 135 which is a big thing nowadays. after beating burns, then he can go up and take a bigger fight.

I hope he fights Burns too. I think thats a really tough fight for him and its no sure thing that he wins imo. Demarco was a good win for him and if he fights Burns hes taking another step up I think. I'll be impressed if he beats him. One thing that that could hurt Burns in that fight is his chin though which didn't seem to be the sturdiest against Martinez although he did seem to recover quickly when he got buzzed in that fight. Maybe its stronger at lightweight though so who knows. Really hope they make that fight.
kbyte
kbyte

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:23 am

I'm impressed. Not sure what else to say. Let's see what he does next. He thoroughly dismantled Demarco. It was beautiful to watch. I don't think he has the defense Floyd did (he looks more stiff and his head's out at times) so we'll see when he gets in there with someone who can box with him. I think there are several guys at 140 who could do that.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2