The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

No Salido vs Garcia

+2
GrantZilla
Diego408
6 posters

Go down

No Salido vs Garcia Empty No Salido vs Garcia

Post  Diego408 Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:54 pm

From Fat Dans scorecard:
Before the fight, Garcia talked about his hope that he would land a shot against the winner of the Orlando Salido-Lopez main event, which turned out to be Salido. It is a very easy fight to make because they are both with Top Rank, but there is also an even stronger possibility that Garcia could wind up challenging titleholder Celestino Caballero instead this summer. Either way, Garcia is going to get the shot he deserves.

Arum didn't allow Caballero near Lopez or Gamboa but is willing to make Garcia-Caballero? . I think Garcia would probably knock Caballero out. It would be a good fight.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

No Salido vs Garcia Empty Re: No Salido vs Garcia

Post  GrantZilla Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:02 pm

Caballero Rips Juanma: Wants Salido Bout Right Now

Once Mexico's Orlando 'Siri' Salido (38-11-2, 26KOs) retained his WBO featherweight title last Saturday night by way of a technical knockout over Juan Manuel 'Juanma' López, Panamanian Celestino 'Pelenchín' Caballero (36-4, 23KOs), the WBA's champion, began shouting for a unification with the Mexican champion.

"I want Salido right now, I'm ready for him, I just want his handlers to give me the chance to fight against him," said Caballero.

The feud between Caballero and Juanma has been well documented. For several years Caballero claimed that Juanma avoided him at super bantamweight. He always complained to WBO President Francisco Valcarcel that Juanma was never a worthy champion.

"Juanma Lopez has never been a great champion for the WBO. In addition, if he wants to fight with me, give me a good purse and I shall give him a beating worse than the [one he received from] Salido," Caballero said.

http://tinyurl.com/6pcor4g
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:27 pm

Diego408 wrote:From Fat Dans scorecard:
Before the fight, Garcia talked about his hope that he would land a shot against the winner of the Orlando Salido-Lopez main event, which turned out to be Salido. It is a very easy fight to make because they are both with Top Rank, but there is also an even stronger possibility that Garcia could wind up challenging titleholder Celestino Caballero instead this summer. Either way, Garcia is going to get the shot he deserves.

Arum didn't allow Caballero near Lopez or Gamboa but is willing to make Garcia-Caballero? . I think Garcia would probably knock Caballero out. It would be a good fight.

I think the matchmaker for top rank is looking at garcia vs cab for a few reasons:

1-Garcia is a different style fighter than Lopez and Gamboa

Lopez loves to brawl and getting into a fight where you leave yourself open for Cab's long shots is not a great idea.
Gamboa is short and might have struggled to get into range with Cab.
Garcia-very technically sound, decent defense, and he won't get pulled out of his gameplan very easily.

2-Cab has not looked great the last few years. I'm assuming Top Rank thinks it is time to match one of their fighters with him as he might be ripe for the picking.

captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:44 am

No need to rush him.

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:35 pm

Hagler's Bald Head wrote:No need to rush him.
You would call that rushing him? hes 24 years old and already has 28 fights. Hes at that point in his career where hes ready for it. We are in America, we dont have promoters that wait till their fighters are 30 to get a title fight (ex: Warren). Pretty much, Showtime and HBO will give Arum the money he wants to make Salido-Garcia. Garcia is so much better than Lopez. I actually believe he will knock out Salido and Caballero if he gets fights with them.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:37 pm

diego i agree hes not being rushed..solido is very beatable.garcia is ready..
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:22 pm

salido really isnt that good. i wouldnt even say he is better than lopez. they are probably more equal but styles make fights. so throwing garcia in there with him isnt like throwing him in there with pac or mayweather. remember when gamboa beat salido pretty easily? if garcia cant beat salido then he probably wont ever be that good.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:48 pm

powerpuncher wrote:salido really isnt that good. i wouldnt even say he is better than lopez. they are probably more equal but styles make fights. so throwing garcia in there with him isnt like throwing him in there with pac or mayweather. remember when gamboa beat salido pretty easily? if garcia cant beat salido then he probably wont ever be that good.
Well I will disagree with that statement. Salido is very good technically. Since his loss to Marquez years ago, his loss to Cruz was very questionable, He went the distance with Gamboa and actually won some rounds off him outside from the KD. He also dominated Guerrero and Lopez. Hes a really smart fighter. Hes a tough guy and knows how to slip a punch. He will give a lot of fighters problems, but I dont believe hes the best fighter in the division. Caballero, John and Garcia would be cable of beating him. Even though he has two KOs over Lopez, hes not a very big puncher.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:07 pm

Is Caballero considered taking it slowly? That's a tough fight for Garcia. Stylistically probably harder than Salido.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:20 pm

Diego408 wrote:
You would call that rushing him? hes 24 years old and already has 28 fights. Hes at that point in his career where hes ready for it. We are in America, we dont have promoters that wait till their fighters are 30 to get a title fight (ex: Warren). Pretty much, Showtime and HBO will give Arum the money he wants to make Salido-Garcia. Garcia is so much better than Lopez. I actually believe he will knock out Salido and Caballero if he gets fights with them.

Calzaghe, Hatton, Khan, Chisora, Burns were all in their 20's when they got title shots. Your ignorant views on boxing this side of the Atlantic really have become tiresome, broaden your horizons already.

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:23 pm

Hagler's Bald Head wrote:
Diego408 wrote:

Calzaghe, Hatton, Khan, Chisora, Burns were all in their 20's when they got title shots. Your ignorant views on boxing this side of the Atlantic really have become tiresome, broaden your horizons already.
It's called Sarcasm buddy but it isn't far from the truth.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down