The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tell me again how other sports ....

+4
dmar5143
Frank
boxinglawyer
flapanther2001
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Tell me again how other sports .... - Page 2 Empty Re: Tell me again how other sports ....

Post  Gumby Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:41 pm

flapanther2001 wrote:The fact is, that the other sports are much more lucrative to the eye of the potential athlete. There are more colleges recruiting now than ever, taking kids that play the big three.
But there are way more kids in soccer, tennis, wrestling, crew than boxing I'd say. Those sports AREN'T [edited] more lucrative for American athletes in general. I think our best athletes are going to football, baseball, and basketball, but I think the bigger issue is that not enough kids are even trying boxing.

Last edited by Gumby on Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Tell me again how other sports .... - Page 2 Empty Re: Tell me again how other sports ....

Post  hardcorebee24 Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:50 pm

Gumby wrote:
flapanther2001 wrote:The fact is, that the other sports are much more lucrative to the eye of the potential athlete. There are more colleges recruiting now than ever, taking kids that play the big three.
But there are way more kids in soccer, tennis, wrestling, crew than boxing I'd say. Those sports are more lucrative for American athletes in general. I think our best athletes are going to football, baseball, and basketball, but I think the bigger issue is that not enough kids are even trying boxing.

I concur. Also don't forget about Karate, Judo, Tae Kwon Do and other martial arts. I can't drive five feet without seeing a DoJo dedicated to Asian Martial Arts but a boxing gym is a needle in a haystack.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:07 am

Boxing got a stigma with parents. Soccer moms would rather have their little kiddies kicking a ball around or doing poses in some shit karate class than take boxing.

You got medical boards wanting youth boxing banned for christ sake
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2