The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Martinez still talking about Pac and Mayweather

4 posters

Go down

Martinez still talking about Pac and Mayweather Empty Martinez still talking about Pac and Mayweather

Post  GrantZilla Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:46 pm

Sergio Martinez Jabs Pacquiao, Eyes Mayweather Jr. Bout

Middleweight king Sergio Martinez believes a fight with Floyd Mayweather Jr. is still a possibility in his future. Martinez faces Matthew Macklin on March 17th in New York City, while Mayweather moves up in weight to challenge WBA junior middleweight champion Miguel Cotto on May 5th in Las Vegas,

Martinez, who says Mayweather is the "best fighter in the world," expects the boxer to have an easy time with Cotto.

"[Mayweather] is going to have some fun [with Cotto]," says Martinez.

One fight he doesn't expect to happen is a clash with WBO welterweight champion Manny Pacquiao. Martinez is willing to meet him at a catch-weight of 150-pounds.

"With Mayweather, I think a fight is possible. I'm very confident that he would do it. Surely it would be the toughest fight of my life. That possibility is what makes me get up every morning," Martinez said.

"Pacquiao does not control his career, Mayweather does. Being a Top Rank fighter [Pacquiao's promoter] is like being a puppet. I prefer the position of Mayweather because he gives the orders, while Pacquiao does what he is ordered to do."

http://tinyurl.com/87hktrg

Shit is getting old with Martinez.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Martinez still talking about Pac and Mayweather Empty Re: Martinez still talking about Pac and Mayweather

Post  UBeeg9cats Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:22 pm

I am done with this crap too. Fight a couple middleweights first. There are some good fights there. Mayweather is most likely booked for 15 months or so because he is fighting Canelo(95%) or Pac(5%) next. He will be there late 2013 if you stay where you are.

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Martinez still talking about Pac and Mayweather Empty Re: Martinez still talking about Pac and Mayweather

Post  Rum Capital Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:24 pm

GrantZilla wrote:Sergio Martinez Jabs Pacquiao, Eyes Mayweather Jr. Bout

Middleweight king Sergio Martinez believes a fight with Floyd Mayweather Jr. is still a possibility in his future. Martinez faces Matthew Macklin on March 17th in New York City, while Mayweather moves up in weight to challenge WBA junior middleweight champion Miguel Cotto on May 5th in Las Vegas,

Martinez, who says Mayweather is the "best fighter in the world," expects the boxer to have an easy time with Cotto.

"[Mayweather] is going to have some fun [with Cotto]," says Martinez.

One fight he doesn't expect to happen is a clash with WBO welterweight champion Manny Pacquiao. Martinez is willing to meet him at a catch-weight of 150-pounds.

"With Mayweather, I think a fight is possible. I'm very confident that he would do it. Surely it would be the toughest fight of my life. That possibility is what makes me get up every morning," Martinez said.

"Pacquiao does not control his career, Mayweather does. Being a Top Rank fighter [Pacquiao's promoter] is like being a puppet. I prefer the position of Mayweather because he gives the orders, while Pacquiao does what he is ordered to do."

http://tinyurl.com/87hktrg

Shit is getting old with Martinez.
yeah he needs to move on i guess. btw he really dislikes cotto. he claims that cotto refused to shake his hand once.
Rum Capital
Rum Capital

Back to top Go down

Post  hillsicc303 Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:59 am

Hey Sergio... how about looking up instead of down. Oh that's right, if you fight any top SMWs, you'll get a good beat down...

hillsicc303

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down