The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

IBF denies Campillo's request for rematch with Cloud

+5
UBeeg9cats
gomez1012
captainanddew
dmar5143
GrantZilla
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

IBF denies Campillo's request for rematch with Cloud Empty IBF denies Campillo's request for rematch with Cloud

Post  GrantZilla Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:43 pm

Sampson Lewkowicz, promoter of Gabriel Campillo (21-4-1, 8KOs), plans to file an official protest with the International Boxing Federation [IBF] on Monday morning. Lewkowicz, along with Campillo and the boxer's co-promoter Lou Dibella, will dispute Saturday's twelve round split decision loss to IBF light heavyweight champion Tavoris Cloud (24-0, 19KOs), which took place at the American Bank Center in Corpus Christi, Texas.

Campillo was able to overcome two knockdowns in the first round, and then proceeded to outbox Cloud for the majority of the fight. The scores were 115-111 for Campillo, and 114-112 and 116-110 for Cloud.

"Tavoris Cloud should just surrender his title because Gabriel Campillo is the true champion. We are going to file a protest with the IBF on Monday and we'll make a request for a no-decision and an immediate rematch. Decisions have been changed in these exact situations in other states. This is the second time that something like this has happened to one of my fighters. First it was Sergio Martinez with Kermit Cintron [2009 controversial draw in Florida] and now with Campillo," Lewkowicz told BoxingScene.com.

Showtime announced Jimmy Lennon Jr. tweeted afterwards - "One of the hardest decisions I've ever had to announce."

In an earlier article, DiBella was a bit more emotional over the scoring.

"This is a f**king disgrace. I'm sitting there at [Muhammad] Ali's birthday party dinner, watching this. He was dominating the fight, it wasn't even close. The fight was was eight [rounds] to four or nine to three....it was a f**king disgrace. How could it be that everyone watching the fight sees it the same way but the judges? We wonder why we are so self destructive as an industry. I've had enough of this f**king sh*t. These f**king judges should be put to task. There should be a competency test and if they can't pass it - they should be out," DiBella told BoxingScene.com.

"Campillo should be champion - he won that motherf**king fight. That wasn't just a disgrace...it was a f**king disgrace. I was walking around the back of the room at this dinner, telling people 'I got a new champion, I got a new champion.' And then I heard those motherf**king scores. I've had it! This is the most self-destructive industry in the world. We can't put together our own Super Bowl and the judges are Ray Charles and Stevie Wonder."

"Cloud is not a world champion now. Cloud is a beltholder. If [Showtime Sports President] Stephen Espinoza is the man that I think he is, then Campillo will get back on Showtime first in a big fight - because he won the fight and he's the real champion."

http://tinyurl.com/7h86n4r

Last edited by GrantZilla on Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

IBF denies Campillo's request for rematch with Cloud Empty Re: IBF denies Campillo's request for rematch with Cloud

Post  dmar5143 Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:50 pm

good article..lol lou is his usual mild manner self in giving his thoughts but i agree with a lot of what he said.this has happened to often and to much in fights of note.it realy needs to stop.a bad descion happens maybe on occasion or a controversial one also.that i can see as a occurance that could happen but not at the high high rate were seeing here.this time the ref did a very decent job.maybe its time to levy heavy fines to incompetent judges lol.its gotta stop for the games sake.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

IBF denies Campillo's request for rematch with Cloud Empty Re: IBF denies Campillo's request for rematch with Cloud

Post  GrantZilla Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:02 pm

Heavy fines and loss of licence to judge fights need to happen.

David Robertson who scored it 116-110 for Cloud needs to be taken in front of a panel with a live ESPN internet stream and explain himsel to the panel and the people how the fuck he came up with that score.

They need to be humilated and punished.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:15 pm

There are bad decisions, but the ones that make boxing fans want to give up is when the decision is bad and there is at least 1 scorecard that is so far beyond what could even be argued.

116-110 for Cloud. My mind is still blown about that.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:26 pm

lol Lou's never shy to air his feelings.

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:33 pm

assuming the IBF will order a rematch
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:38 pm

gomez1012 wrote:assuming the IBF will order a rematch

Didn't they refuse to order a rematch for Khan vs. Peterson ? I know last night was a robbery but I am just saying.

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:40 pm

Hagler's Bald Head wrote:

Didn't they refuse to order a rematch for Khan vs. Peterson ? I know last night was a robbery but I am just saying.

Khan vs Peterson was controversial point deductions. But a referee's decisions have a certain amount of discretion of the ref.

This was an amazingly bad decision.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:56 pm

Hagler's Bald Head wrote:

Idk, just guessing on the outcome of this fight.

gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:36 pm

IBF denies Campillo's request for rematch with Cloud Mfk5d11
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  UBeeg9cats Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:21 pm

GrantZilla wrote:IBF denies Campillo's request for rematch with Cloud Mfk5d11

I feel Campillo really let off the gas when Cloud was checked out in the 11th. Elizondo's card only has 1 round that I find very hard to give to Cloud as Cloud's. The 10th was Campillo's easily. Even Robertson scored it correctly.

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:47 pm

How can any judge give Cloud, 7, 9, or 10?

When I was watching the fight:
Round 1, 4, 6, 11, and 12, were the only rounds that Campillo didn't clearly win.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:11 am

captainanddew wrote:How can any judge give Cloud, 7, 9, or 10?

Round 1, 4, 6, 11, and 12, were the only rounds that Campillo didn't clearly win.
the judges have to get paid a good amount of money for these bad decisions because some of these rounds were clearly campillos and the judges gave them to cloud.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:04 am

He should get a rematch and it deserves to be on Showtime or HBO.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:06 am

captainanddew wrote:How can any judge give Cloud, 7, 9, or 10?

+1 at best he pulled out a draw, no way did he win more than 5 rounds. He didnt do enough to come close to winning.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:30 am

RING: On a scale of 1-to-10, how do you rate your performance?

CLOUD: I would say that I'd give myself a 7. This wasn't my best performance. I could have done a lot more in there that night. It's just how fights go sometimes.

Some nights, you can be hot, some nights, you can be cold. It's like playing for the Miami Heat. You know, some days, you're on, and some days, you ain't.

RING:Do you feel as if you won the fight, and also, what did you learn about yourself that you can improve on?

CLOUD: Yeah, first of all, I did think I won the fight. Gabriel Campillo, I had him knocked out in the first round. He was finished. Because when the referee came into the dressing room before the fight, the referee said that there are no standing eight counts.

Well, when we got in there the first round, and I dropped him, the referee pulled me out of the way and started to give him an eight count. I mean, that's the fight right there. You know, but, I always learn a lot from all of my fights. Gabriel Campillo, he's a good fighter and I wish him the best in his boxing career. That's it.

http://ringtv.craveonline.com/blog/171593-qaa-cloud
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:39 am

I thought I heard Campillos glove hit the canvas on the second KD? because if thats the case then it was no standing 8 count. I have to see a clear replay because I didnt really see one.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:22 am

I wonder if cloud really thinks he won? I know he keeps saying it but I have been one of his biggest supporters on here and I thought he lost and looked like shit doing so!
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  UBeeg9cats Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:37 pm

Diego408 wrote:I thought I heard Campillos glove hit the canvas on the second KD? because if thats the case then it was no standing 8 count. I have to see a clear replay because I didnt really see one.

I thought Campillo attempted to take a knee. His right knee went down in a way that looked intentional. For being a call with some controversy, I sure haven't see any angle but the top down view.

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:45 pm

Some minor justice. Tavoris Clown now drops below Dawson and Campillo moves above Shumenov, who also won a robbery against him.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:51 pm

I'm just hoping cloud learns from this I still think the guy could be the best in the division.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:22 pm

They showed the replay a few times. Campillo would have been knocked down, but the ropes kept him up. The ref made the right call.
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:41 pm

flapanther2001 wrote:They showed the replay a few times. Campillo would have been knocked down, but the ropes kept him up. The ref made the right call.

Ref did make the right call.

Even if he hadn't been held up by the ropes, I have a suspicion that Campillo was going to take a knee to give himself some time to gather himself.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:41 pm

IBF denies Campillo's request for rematch with Cloud

http://ringtv.craveonline.com/blog/171813-campillos-
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:47 pm

clouds next opponent will be a bum with a padded record. probably from europe somewhere.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next