The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bas Rutten Says Alistair Overeem Has A Glass Jaw, Will Lose To Junior Dos Santos

4 posters

Go down

Bas Rutten Says Alistair Overeem Has A Glass Jaw, Will Lose To Junior Dos Santos Empty Bas Rutten Says Alistair Overeem Has A Glass Jaw, Will Lose To Junior Dos Santos

Post  freakzilla Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:43 pm

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2012/1/22/2725231/bas-rutten-says-alistair-overeem-has-a-glass-jaw-will-lose-to-junior

Bas Rutten knows a little bit about Dutch fighters, so when he talked to Sherdog about Alistair Overeem and his chances in a UFC heavyweight title fight with Junior dos Santos, it was worth listening to. The legendary fighter and broadcaster does not think too highly of Overeem's punch resistance.

From the interview:

"I think Alistair, everything he does is one single shot because he knows he's got that glass jaw as well. He's been knocked out quite a few times in the past, even by Chuck Liddell as well. Every time when he punches, one hand is up. He throws single shots; he doesn't throw combinations. You saw that when he fought [Fabricio] Werdum. Werdum was actually tagging him more than he did to Werdum. I think that Junior dos Santos, with his combinations, his reach, I think he's going to tag him and he's going to throw combos and I think that yeah, he's going to take this fight."

There is other Bas goodness in the interview including talking about Cyborg Santos' positive steroid test and his new TV show.
freakzilla
freakzilla

Back to top Go down

Bas Rutten Says Alistair Overeem Has A Glass Jaw, Will Lose To Junior Dos Santos Empty Re: Bas Rutten Says Alistair Overeem Has A Glass Jaw, Will Lose To Junior Dos Santos

Post  gomez1012 Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:56 pm

Dos Santos might rule the division for awhile

Dont think anybody can match his striking right now
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Bas Rutten Says Alistair Overeem Has A Glass Jaw, Will Lose To Junior Dos Santos Empty Re: Bas Rutten Says Alistair Overeem Has A Glass Jaw, Will Lose To Junior Dos Santos

Post  Guest Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:29 pm

gomez1012 wrote:Dos Santos might rule the division for awhile

Dont think anybody can match his striking right now

+1 and he's got solid JJ.

Back to top Go down

Post  freakzilla Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:37 pm

I still think a fully fit Cain could beat him.
freakzilla
freakzilla

Back to top Go down

Post  UBeeg9cats Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:48 pm

People fall in love with the heavyweight champ quickly. No one had seen someone the size of Lesnar with the athleticism and they thought he would rule for awhile then Cain was everything to everyone. Now its JDS's turn. I think JDS is legit but I reserve judgement until he faces healthy, top level talent. I think Cain was injured and do not rate Carwin highly. Werdum is probably the most impressive win to me. I think Overeem definitely has a chance but we will see.

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  freakzilla Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:50 pm

No UFC Heavyweight champ has ever defended the belt more than twice.
freakzilla
freakzilla

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:33 pm

Rutten is the shit. I don't care what certain Zuffa-UFC fangirls who think he's overrated think. Dude is a MMA legend. I remember watching him fight in the '90s.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down