The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dana White Vs Fat Dan

+3
UBeeg9cats
Shaun
GrantZilla
7 posters

Go down

Dana White Vs Fat Dan  Empty Dana White Vs Fat Dan

Post  GrantZilla Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:53 am

Dan Rafael
@ @danawhite FYI: ESPN does not pay the fighters, the promoters do. ESPN pays the promoters a license fee for the card.

Dana White
@ @danrafaelespn yup I know that and they should investigate the guys on their own network that would pay a fighter $200!

Dan Rafael
@ @danawhite My only point was that Lorenzo was mixing apples and oranges.

Dana White
no he wasn't. These guys on ESPN want to say we don't pay fair and boxing pays more!? Who has more $ than ESPN? We pay more!

Dan Rafael
@ @danawhite ESPN spends a limited $$ on #boxing programming. It's one of 1000 sports it shows. Billions on NFL, MLB, NBA, NCAA. You know that

Dana White
@ @danrafaelespn when they are raking in the highest fee's in all of TV and 2.8B a year then they should pay more!!

Dan Rafael
If ESPN was paying a license fee of millions it would be reasonable to compare.

Dana White
@danrafaelespn we financed the UFC for 6 years and paid all the fighters out of our pockets!! And yes why doesn't ESPN pay them more/lic fee

Dan Rafael
There is no "boxing" pays more. It would be a specific promoter pays more. In the case of MMA, that would be UFC, the promoter

Dana White
ESPN will make 2.8B this year!!!!!! Guys on ESPN cards make $200 dollars for 4 round fights and they are askn what we pay!?

Dan Rafael
Blaming ESPN for the purses a promtoer pays on an ESPN show is like blaming Fox (or previously Spike or Versus) for UFC purses.

Dana White
@danrafaelespn that's like Nike saying a factory in China makes the shoes not us! How can we be responsible!? ESPN 2 faced liars!!!!

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Dana White Vs Fat Dan  Empty Re: Dana White Vs Fat Dan

Post  Shaun Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:22 am

LMAO! You beat me to it. I came here to post that. Hilarious stuff.
Shaun
Shaun

Back to top Go down

Post  UBeeg9cats Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:59 am

Dana doesn't want to look like the sleaziest guy in the room.

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:00 pm

it is funny to me that White doesn't get the difference between a network that doesn't pay the fighters, and the promoters that do. Also, he attacks espn when he knows that FNF and other boxing shows like Shobox are platforms for young fighters and guys who aren't world class in their divisions. FNF and Shobox are low budget and not trying to show the best fighters and the best fights. Why doesn't he try to compare the purses for an entire big card on Showtime or HBO, which would be much more fair for comparison's sake.

captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:02 pm

boxing's pay isn't perfect. If you take a PPV like Cotto/Margarito II, the pay is a bit top heavy to the top 2 fighters on the card. The other televised fights should have gotten more and I'm sure the untelevised fighters got paid peanuts.

But Cotto vs. Margarito II had over 8 million dollars going to the televised fighters. It did what, 600,000 or so buys? A UFC PPV with a similar amount of buys would pay the fighters less.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Shaun Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:18 pm

captainanddew wrote:boxing's pay isn't perfect. If you take a PPV like Cotto/Margarito II, the pay is a bit top heavy to the top 2 fighters on the card. The other televised fights should have gotten more and I'm sure the untelevised fighters got paid peanuts.

But Cotto vs. Margarito II had over 8 million dollars going to the televised fighters. It did what, 600,000 or so buys? A UFC PPV with a similar amount of buys would pay the fighters less.

What about fighters fighting on spike/fx/fuel. I guarantee they make less than 1/10 of fighters fighting on hbo or showtime. Abner Mares and Joseph Agbeko made 800k each at 118 pounds.

If UFC wants to compare, you have to compare to quality promoters. Sometimes espn has fighters with promoters I've never heard of.
Shaun
Shaun

Back to top Go down

Post  NJBeatdown86 Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:58 pm

I hope Fat Dan sits on him. I love it when Dana gets called out on his bullshit and he loses it.
NJBeatdown86
NJBeatdown86

Back to top Go down

Post  Tobe Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:34 pm

UFC pays their top level guys crap compared to the top boxers, but if that $200 figure is accurate that is bullshit by any standards.
Tobe
Tobe

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:48 pm

Tobe wrote:UFC pays their top level guys crap compared to the top boxers, but if that $200 figure is accurate that is bullshit by any standards.

yes, 200 would be crap, but when espn pays 50000 for a card, the guy who is one of the untelevised fights isn't going to make much money. These are guys who have full time jobs, boxing is really a paid hobby, and they know the chance of it becoming a full-time career is rather nil. ESPN is showing AA or AAA level talent on the televised fights. Alot of the guys in the untelevised fights are guys who aren't in the top 500 in a division of 1000 fighters worldwide. They are guys that wouldn't ever make a UFC or strikeforce card. They would be on the lowliest of MMA type cards where guys get paid nothing.

captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:41 pm

Dana really is a moron. Way to totally burn your bridges with ESPN. Yeah, you may not agree with the story. But you can state your disagreement in a more proffessional way.

Dana hurts the UFC as much as he claims he helps it. He lacks any kind of proffessional business skills.

If he thinks he's fine pissing ESPN off becase UFC is on FOX Sports, he's in for a rude awakening.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:07 pm

LOL fat Dan made Dana look like an idiot.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down