The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Marquez will be devastated to know he's been stripped of his " Super" WBA title

+6
flapanther2001
powerpuncher
gomez1012
UBeeg9cats
Diego408
GrantZilla
10 posters

Go down

Marquez will be devastated to know he's been stripped of his " Super" WBA title Empty Marquez will be devastated to know he's been stripped of his " Super" WBA title

Post  Guest Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:52 pm

WBA has vacated their lightweight “super” title from Juan Manuel Marquez due to the expiration of 18 months without facing a mandatory challenger as required by the organization’s rules. In the new November and December ranking published January 4 by the WBA, the title is listed as vacant. Marquez won the belt in February 2009 against Juan Diaz, then fought a non-title fight with Floyd Mayweather in September 2009, a defense/rematch against Juan Diaz in July 2010, and his last defense against WBO interim beltholder Michael Katsidis on November 27, 2010. After that he fought a non-title bout against Likare Ramos and a welterweight bout against Manny Pacquiao.

Marquez will be informed of the news by his advisers and and we’ll see if he uses his right to a reconsideration by the WBA.

The new WBA rankings now list all interim titleholders as #1 in their weight divisions. In the current lightweight ratings interim titlist Richard April is #1, Jorge Linares is #2 and Brandon Rios is #3.

http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/juan-manuel-marquez-stripped-of-wba-super-belt-105411

Back to top Go down

Marquez will be devastated to know he's been stripped of his " Super" WBA title Empty Re: Marquez will be devastated to know he's been stripped of his " Super" WBA title

Post  GrantZilla Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:19 pm

I read The Ring will ask him to vacate his Lightweight belt if his next fight is not at Lightweight. But I'm sure they'll make an exception if his night fight is a Pac rematch.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Marquez will be devastated to know he's been stripped of his " Super" WBA title Empty Re: Marquez will be devastated to know he's been stripped of his " Super" WBA title

Post  Guest Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:27 pm

GrantZilla wrote:I read The Ring will ask him to vacate his Lightweight belt if his next fight is not at Lightweight. But I'm sure they'll make an exception if his night fight is a Pac rematch.

He should vacate it though because it's obvious Marquez wants to cash out.

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:35 pm

Hagler's Bald Head wrote:He should vacate it though because it's obvious Marquez wants to cash out.

I'm sure he will. No fighter has refused not to vacate it if they do not plan on defending the belt in the division.

It'd be nice if JMM did defend it against say Rios, and if he lost it, no big deal to his legacy.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:03 pm

GrantZilla wrote:
Hagler's Bald Head wrote:He should vacate it though because it's obvious Marquez wants to cash out.

I'm sure he will. No fighter has refused not to vacate it if they do not plan on defending the belt in the division.

It'd be nice if JMM did defend it against say Rios, and if he lost it, no big deal to his legacy.

Rios wouldnt make weight. Marquez isnt going to fight at 135 again, so I doubt that he even cares.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  UBeeg9cats Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:50 pm

He deserves to be stripped. JMM is a hall of famer with skills and willingness to battle but he has started rubbing me the wrong way with his constant Pac chatter. He isn't going back to lightweight and EVERYONE knows it. Let the division get a new king. Demarco, Vazquez, Mitchell, and Burns can fight for supremacy in fights I would like to see.

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:23 pm

UBeeg9cats wrote:He deserves to be stripped. JMM is a hall of famer with skills and willingness to battle but he has started rubbing me the wrong way with his constant Pac chatter. He isn't going back to lightweight and EVERYONE knows it. Let the division get a new king. Demarco, Vazquez, Mitchell, and Burns can fight for supremacy in fights I would like to see.

I hate seeing Champ's stripped, and rather see the belt won and lost in the ring. But with all the horse jockey divisions and fighters not sticking in a division for more than a few fights, it has to be done in these cases.

Unless JMM states his next fight will be at Lightweight, which he won't, he by all acounts is retired from that division, and as said, a new Champ should be crowned.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:19 am

Marquez should go after Peterson or Bradley
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:07 am

UBeeg9cats wrote:He deserves to be stripped. JMM is a hall of famer with skills and willingness to battle but he has started rubbing me the wrong way with his constant Pac chatter. He isn't going back to lightweight and EVERYONE knows it. Let the division get a new king. Demarco, Vazquez, Mitchell, and Burns can fight for supremacy in fights I would like to see.
all of his pac chatter? he hasnt even said much about it. he does have a right to be mad about it because he should have at least won 1 of the fights but probably more. if any fighter has a right to complain, its JMM because he has gotten the shaft his whole career.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:09 am

We all know there's more money in a 4th Pacquiao fight, but if not, JMM could rule 135 until he retired.
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  UBeeg9cats Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:40 am

powerpuncher wrote:
all of his pac chatter? he hasnt even said much about it. he does have a right to be mad about it because he should have at least won 1 of the fights but probably more. if any fighter has a right to complain, its JMM because he has gotten the shaft his whole career.

Hasn't said much since the fight but I don't remember him talking about anyone else for the last 2-3 years. He made shirts about winning the first 2 fights. He has mentioned Bradley recently and I am glad. In the 40 months since he became the lightweight champ, he has 3 defenses against Diaz and Kat only. The second Diaz defense should barely even count. Fight at lightweight or vacate. Fight at 140 against Khan, Peterson, Bradley, Morales, Maidana, or Matthysse. Guerrero and Rios are nice challenges too.

Sorry, I'm just on a soapbox recently because I am sick of people chasing Pac and Mayweather when they could fight good fights (which would improve their chances of landing a/another fight with the cash cows).

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:49 am

UBeeg9cats wrote:
powerpuncher wrote:

Hasn't said much since the fight but I don't remember him talking about anyone else for the last 2-3 years. He made shirts about winning the first 2 fights. He has mentioned Bradley recently and I am glad. In the 40 months since he became the lightweight champ, he has 3 defenses against Diaz and Kat only. The second Diaz defense should barely even count. Fight at lightweight or vacate. Fight at 140 against Khan, Peterson, Bradley, Morales, Maidana, or Matthysse. Guerrero and Rios are nice challenges too.

Sorry, I'm just on a soapbox recently because I am sick of people chasing Pac and Mayweather when they could fight good fights (which would improve their chances of landing a/another fight with the cash cows).
but you have to remember that JMM is old. he is at the end of his career and deserves the big fight against pac. its not like these fighters in their mid 20's who are trying to cash out now. JMM has earned his shot to fight the best. and we should want him to fight the best because he has been a top p4p fighters for years now.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:16 am

powerpuncher wrote:
? How? I had Pac winning all three fights. They are close fights that can go either way and people act like it was the biggest robbery of all time. Maybe if the guy could stay on his damn feet he would have won two of them.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:58 pm

Soonermark890 wrote:
powerpuncher wrote:
? How? I had Pac winning all three fights. They are close fights that can go either way and people act like it was the biggest robbery of all time. Maybe if the guy could stay on his damn feet he would have won two of them.
when i said he has gotten the shaft his whole career i was referring to non pac related fights. barrera and morales were the mexican stars and JMM didnt get a fight with them during their primes which could have made him a star. he has also been on the end of a few bad decisions. someone as good as JMM usually doesnt get bad treatment as he does. and theres no way that you couldnt give JMM at least one win against pac. the only reason pac won the 3rd fight is because of the potential of a mayweather fight. otherwise JMM would have won for sure.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  jz_hova Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:56 pm

would love to see JMM fight the 140 guys. i think he beats them all
jz_hova
jz_hova

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:06 pm

Soonermark890 wrote:
powerpuncher wrote:

Many had Marquez winning all three. Not robberies but it is disconcerting that he somehow didn't get a win in any of the three fights.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  SlickMoney Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:15 pm

Marquez clearly won the first fight. 2nd fight could've went either way and the 3rd also but Marquez cant bitch since he took the last rd off.
SlickMoney
SlickMoney

Back to top Go down

Post  UBeeg9cats Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:33 pm

powerpuncher wrote:but you have to remember that JMM is old. he is at the end of his career and deserves the big fight against pac. its not like these fighters in their mid 20's who are trying to cash out now. JMM has earned his shot to fight the best. and we should want him to fight the best because he has been a top p4p fighters for years now.

I can see your point. I just wish he would go through 140 like JZ mentioned. Next fight or the fight after would make a Pac fight even bigger for me because he could prove himself at 140 or 147. I'm a huge Pac fan but until JMM proves himself there will be the disillusioned people blaming the close fights on Pac having an off-night.

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:01 pm

Dan Rafael
WBO has stripped lightweight champ Juan Manuel Marquez and elevated interim titlist Ricky Burns to its full titleholder.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:30 am

GrantZilla wrote:Dan Rafael
WBO has stripped lightweight champ Juan Manuel Marquez and elevated interim titlist Ricky Burns to its full titleholder.

I don't see why Marquez just didn't vacate, it's pretty obvious he's done with Lightweight.

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:19 pm

If Peterson vs Marquez & Bradley vs Pacquiao tourney gets done, I cant complain
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  UBeeg9cats Sat Jan 28, 2012 6:20 pm

gomez1012 wrote:If Peterson vs Marquez & Bradley vs Pacquiao tourney gets done, I cant complain

This is a good little tourney that can be made to be even better if someone gets Pac to go to 140.

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down