The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Predictions for HBO and Showtime's 4 title fights Saturday?

+4
Groundhog
Gumby
captainanddew
Rum Capital
8 posters

Go down

Predictions for HBO and Showtime's 4 title fights Saturday? Empty Predictions for HBO and Showtime's 4 title fights Saturday?

Post  Guest Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:31 pm

Great Saturday night of boxing on Showtime & HBO, November 27th, who you kats got?

Carl Froch vs. Arthur Abraham, 12 rounds, for vacant WBC super middleweight title.

Abraham by KO (hopefully)

Andre Ward vs. Sakio Bika, 12 rounds, for Ward's WBA super middleweight title.

Ward by UD

Andre Berto vs. Freddy Hernandez, 12 rounds, for Berto's WBC welterweight title.

Hernandez by KO (hopefully)

Juan Manuel Marquez vs. Michael Katsidis, 12 rounds, for Marquez's Ring/WBO/WBA lightweight title.

Katsitis by UD (hopefully)

Back to top Go down

Predictions for HBO and Showtime's 4 title fights Saturday? Empty Re: Predictions for HBO and Showtime's 4 title fights Saturday?

Post  Guest Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:38 pm

JMM, Berto, Ward,

AA/Froch I can't make up my mind...

If Bika is close to the same fighter he was 4 years ago, Ward will know he's in a fight. Bika is not an easy guy to deal with in the ring.

Back to top Go down

Predictions for HBO and Showtime's 4 title fights Saturday? Empty Re: Predictions for HBO and Showtime's 4 title fights Saturday?

Post  Rum Capital Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:43 pm

abraham, katsidis,berto, and of course ward
Rum Capital
Rum Capital

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:16 pm

[quote="Ring"]Great Saturday night of boxing on Showtime & HBO, November 27th, who you kats got?

Carl Froch vs. Arthur Abraham, 12 rounds, for vacant WBC super middleweight title.

Froch by MD

Ward by comfortable UD

Andre Berto vs. Freddy Hernandez, 12 rounds, for Berto's WBC welterweight title.
Berto by 5th round KO

Juan Manuel Marquez vs. Michael Katsidis, 12 rounds, for Marquez's Ring/WBO/WBA lightweight title.

Marquez by 7th round KO
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:27 pm

I have a feeling Froch is going to be robbed of a decision, hopefully the fight lives up to expectations though.

At first I was sure Marquez would weather the early storm and then wear down a bloody battered Katsidis to a mid/late stoppage, but now after thinking about his latest performances and the death of Michael's brother I have a feeling Katsidis might just be able to pull it off.

Ward should be able to cruise past Bika to a unanimous decision, but I would welcome a tough fight where Bika pushes Ward to the limit and gives him a helluva challenge.

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:12 am

Great Saturday night of boxing on Showtime & HBO, November 27th, who you kats got?

Froch by TKO

Ward by UD

Berto by UD

Marquez by UD
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  Rum Capital Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:56 am

Ali wrote:I have a feeling Froch is going to be robbed of a decision, hopefully the fight lives up to expectations though.

At first I was sure Marquez would weather the early storm and then wear down a bloody battered Katsidis to a mid/late stoppage, but now after thinking about his latest performances and the death of Michael's brother I have a feeling Katsidis might just be able to pull it off.

Ward should be able to cruise past Bika to a unanimous decision, but I would welcome a tough fight where Bika pushes Ward to the limit and gives him a helluva challenge.
froch won't get robbed because king abe will ko him before that.
Rum Capital
Rum Capital

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:11 am

sat night sucks for me since they begged me to work soo ill youtube the fights..bah humbug...ward inside 11 berto in 6 AA fronch i dont know cause AA gives away half the fight but AA i hope kos him..im rooting against marquez..hoping for out with the old in with the new..ill go with the heart over the head and say a shocker..marquez falls in 4.

Back to top Go down

Post  Groundhog Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:42 am

LOL @ Hernandez KOing Berto.. wishingful thinking, man. But damnn, I hope it happens too lol.

Groundhog

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:51 am

Abraham, JMM, Ward and Berto. I have ZERO confidence in my picks.

Back to top Go down

Post  freakzilla Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:56 am

Abraham, Ward, Berto and Katsidis.
freakzilla
freakzilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:00 am

freakzilla316ftw wrote:Abraham, Ward, Berto and Katsidis.

I also have zero confidence in Freakzilla's picks.

Back to top Go down

Post  freakzilla Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:11 am

marbleheadmaui wrote:
freakzilla316ftw wrote:Abraham, Ward, Berto and Katsidis.

I also have zero confidence in Freakzilla's picks.

Lol. I gotta give my fellow Aussie some love.
freakzilla
freakzilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:19 am

Froch, Ward by KO round 4, Berto, JMM
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:50 am

Groundhog wrote:LOL @ Hernandez KOing Berto.. wishingful thinking, man. But damnn, I hope it happens too lol.

We can hope can't we Hog? Very Happy Martinez caught Williams with a perfect shot, perhaps Freddie can do the same. cheers

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:52 am

Rum Capital wrote:
Ali wrote:I have a feeling Froch is going to be robbed of a decision, hopefully the fight lives up to expectations though.

That's what i'm talking about! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Freddie1437 Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:45 am

Ring wrote:Great Saturday night of boxing on Showtime & HBO, November 27th, who you kats got?

Abraham by KO (hopefully)

Ward by UD

Hernandez by KO (hopefully)

Katsitis by UD (hopefully)

I got Abraham by TKO, but this is going to be a war! Can't wait for this fight!
Ward by UD
Berto by KO 7 or so, Berto needs to start stepping up, this is getting ridiculous!
Marquez KO 10, Katsidis is too open to fight a technician such as Marquez.
Freddie1437
Freddie1437

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:50 am

my prediction???? paaaaaaaaiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:53 am

Rum Capital wrote:

Blasphemy.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:55 am

I have been going back and forth on who to pick between froch and AA since it was announced. I have thought it through until my head hurt and I still change my mind daily. I just can't wait for that fight.

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:47 pm

Ali wrote:
Rum Capital wrote:

Blasphemy.

Froch will use his reach advantage to pot shot Abe from the outside. He has enough power to keep Abe off of him. War Froch!!!
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:53 pm

I hope so Captain but Abe is a dangerous, strong stocky Super Middleweight, I wouldn't be surprised if it did happen.

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:54 pm

Ali wrote:I hope so Captain but Abe is a dangerous, strong stocky Super Middleweight, I wouldn't be surprised if it did happen.

Believe in all things UK (except for Haye) and your faith will be rewarded my friend. War Froch.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:26 pm

Im leaning towards Froch in war

Ward by decision

Marquez by KO

Caballero by KO

El Riel with the upset and deals another blow to a Haymon fighter!

gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:12 am

Canvas wrote:JMM, Berto, Ward,

AA/Froch I can't make up my mind...

If Bika is close to the same fighter he was 4 years ago, Ward will know he's in a fight. Bika is not an easy guy to deal with in the ring.

JMM, Berto, and Ward winning, all make sense, I'd just like to see Katsitis and Hernanzez pull off the upsets, as for the Ward fight, I really don't care one way or another, I have no interest in Ward's fights.

In re: Abraham-Froch, this card finally settled on a venue in Helsinki, Finland, it will actually be an afternoon fight here in North America, and Showtime will air it here on tape delay, i'll see if I can't find a stream for it so that we'll know the result earlier. It's good that they chose a "neutral" venue for this fight, I wonder if there's many Finn fight fans.

As for who wins, it really is a pick 'um fight, but I like Abe's chances for a KO, because Froch isn't all that hard to hit, and Abe has the power to stop him.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down