The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just a couple of thoughts about boxing.

+2
UBeeg9cats
Frank
6 posters

Go down

Just a couple of thoughts about boxing.  Empty Just a couple of thoughts about boxing.

Post  Frank Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:23 pm

1. No, Mike Tyson hasn't seen a jail cell for a while. Miracles do not occur to show us what is impossible, but to show us what is possible. That said, if you want to see Mike in a holding cell, just wait a fucking second.

2. Martinez has called Paquiao a phony. Someone please tell Sergio that if he wants some money to get a fucking job.

3. The powers that be have ordered a rematch between Bernard Hopkins and Chad Dawson. Maybe it's just me, but I don't think this is what Bernard was trying for.

4. Where the hell is Floyd Sr? I haven't seen him since Floyd Jr. threw him out of his gym.

5. I may be alone in this thought, but at this point, I'd be much more excited about a fight between Amir Khan and Manny Pacquiao than a Manny - Floyd fight. I really don't like Amir Khan. I've sort of forgotten why I don't like Floyd.

6. Can somebody please get a bunch of Samoans and teach them how to fight so I don't have to see the Klits anymore?? And no.. I didn't say a fucking word about David Tua.

7. New Years Resolution. Steal "Sugar Shane Mosley's" girlfriend. As stated here before, Mosley looks like a middle aged Chinese transvestite with a tan. Shouldn't be too hard of a job.

8. Dumb ass of the year award goes toooooooooo...... Oscar De La Hoya. Hey Oscar, when you run around in women's clothing, you never fucking admit it. Sure, we all knew you were lying but you erased what ever doubt we had. And just for your info, cocaine is no excuse for wearing a bra and panties and running around the fucking room like a 2 dollar whore. No Oscar, you have another problem which is separate from the coke.

9. Would somebody please beat the fuck out of Amir Khan?

10. Would somebody please fire bomb the fucking room they're negotiating the "Mayweather - Pac" fight in? It's the only way boxing fans will get any respect.

Frank

Back to top Go down

Just a couple of thoughts about boxing.  Empty Re: Just a couple of thoughts about boxing.

Post  UBeeg9cats Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:00 pm

I don't know about anyone else but I am losing respect for Sergio slowly but surely. Yes, it would be great for him to get Pac or Floyd in the ring but he IS bigger than them and fighting TWO weightclasses above them. Yes, he could move down a class but they could too. He also calls out the one middleweight guaranteed not to fight him. We know it is an easy payday but Bobfather isn't budging. Pretty much every other middleweight(typical Sturm exclusion) is dying to fight him and there are some nice matchups. He has 2-3 years and better get to work. JCC Jr. has all these possible opponents too so take away one of his excuses.

As big a BHop fan as I am, he doesn't want any part of Chad. Chad needs to bring in more money and prestige to get the old man to fight. The Pascal loss ruined Chad's credibility as the next unbeatable young gun.

As for 7 and 8: Laughing

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Just a couple of thoughts about boxing.  Empty Re: Just a couple of thoughts about boxing.

Post  GrantZilla Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:05 pm

You can't blame Martinez. He's the middleweight Champ, who has gotten nothing but shafted. Chump Greenburg tells him Zibik will never fight on HBO, so Martinez doesn't fight him and loses his trinket. Then Bum Jr fights Zibik on HBO! for Martinez's trinket.

Because he's not from the US and isn't a Mexican or Rican, he has no fanbase. He has to fight who HBO tells him to make money. And he has a very short window left for some payday fights.

Yeah, if he was some 20 year old trinket holder that hadn't fought anyone expecting a payday fight, I'd agree with you.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:33 pm

Frank wrote:1. No, Mike Tyson hasn't seen a jail cell for a while. Miracles do not occur to show us what is impossible, but to show us what is possible. That said, if you want to see Mike in a holding cell, just wait a fucking second.

2. Martinez has called Paquiao a phony. Someone please tell Sergio that if he wants some money to get a fucking job.

3. The powers that be have ordered a rematch between Bernard Hopkins and Chad Dawson. Maybe it's just me, but I don't think this is what Bernard was trying for.

4. Where the hell is Floyd Sr? I haven't seen him since Floyd Jr. threw him out of his gym.

5. I may be alone in this thought, but at this point, I'd be much more excited about a fight between Amir Khan and Manny Pacquiao than a Manny - Floyd fight. I really don't like Amir Khan. I've sort of forgotten why I don't like Floyd.

6. Can somebody please get a bunch of Samoans and teach them how to fight so I don't have to see the Klits anymore?? And no.. I didn't say a fucking word about David Tua.

7. New Years Resolution. Steal "Sugar Shane Mosley's" girlfriend. As stated here before, Mosley looks like a middle aged Chinese transvestite with a tan. Shouldn't be too hard of a job.

8. Dumb ass of the year award goes toooooooooo...... Oscar De La Hoya. Hey Oscar, when you run around in women's clothing, you never fucking admit it. Sure, we all knew you were lying but you erased what ever doubt we had. And just for your info, cocaine is no excuse for wearing a bra and panties and running around the fucking room like a 2 dollar whore. No Oscar, you have another problem which is separate from the coke.

10. Would somebody please fire bomb the fucking room they're negotiating the "Mayweather - Pac" fight in? It's the only way boxing fans will get any respect.
Last time I saw him was here in OKC training Lydell Rhodes.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:56 pm

Soonermark890 wrote:
Frank wrote:1. No, Mike Tyson hasn't seen a jail cell for a while. Miracles do not occur to show us what is impossible, but to show us what is possible. That said, if you want to see Mike in a holding cell, just wait a fucking second.

as we speak there is a 17 yr old kid getting paid minimum wage at a Las Vegas taco bell, trying to decipher Floyd Sr's mumblings.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:42 pm

I hope Showtime forces GBP to make great fights in 2012
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:39 am

captainanddew wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:

as we speak there is a 17 yr old kid getting paid minimum wage at a Las Vegas taco bell, trying to decipher Floyd Sr's mumblings.
LOL He probably cant speak English either so it should even out Very Happy
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  UBeeg9cats Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:53 am

GrantZilla wrote:You can't blame Martinez. He's the middleweight Champ, who has gotten nothing but shafted. Chump Greenburg tells him Zibik will never fight on HBO, so Martinez doesn't fight him and loses his trinket. Then Bum Jr fights Zibik on HBO! for Martinez's trinket.

Because he's not from the US and isn't a Mexican or Rican, he has no fanbase. He has to fight who HBO tells him to make money. And he has a very short window left for some payday fights.

Yeah, if he was some 20 year old trinket holder that hadn't fought anyone expecting a payday fight, I'd agree with you.

Sergio has defended 3 times in a little over 20 months. If he fights in March like he is supposed to, he will be defending about once every 6 months. The Paul Williams fight was mostly good but Floyd, Pac, and even Cotto got roasted for a catchweight. The Punisher was coming off a debatable win against Kermit the frog and is a 154 lber. He then fights another 154 lber. His last defense was against an unranked Euro that was finally a full grown middleweight. He had some success against Sergio. I just see Geale, Golovkin, Lee, Pirog, N'Jikam, and even Zbik. Proksa has made a name for himself since Sergio has been reigning. I'm pretty sure ALL of those guys want Sergio.

You can't fight 154 lbers and call out 147 lbers as THE champ at 160. That is my opinion.

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:30 am

UBeeg9cats wrote:You can't fight 154 lbers and call out 147 lbers as THE champ at 160. That is my opinion.

He's entirly dependant on TV networks because he has no fanbase in the US. He was suppose to fight in the summer but HBO blew their budget and why he didn't fight until the fall.

He will fight who HBO tells him to fight. And why he didn't fight Zibik. If HBO wants him to fight those guys, he will.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:33 am

Just for the record, I respect Martinez as a champion. That was my sarcastic way of saying that he's actually too good to realistically expect a MW or a Pacquiao to fight him.

Frank

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down