The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UPDATE: Adamek back with Main Events

3 posters

Go down

UPDATE: Adamek back with Main Events Empty UPDATE: Adamek back with Main Events

Post  GrantZilla Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:06 pm

Luke Furman reports at BoxingScene.com that heavyweight contender, former cruiserweight champion, and former light heavyweight titleholder Tomasz Adamek has decided to end his partnership with New Jersey-based Main Events, and will work exclusively with Polish promoter Ziggy Rozalski going forward.

"My time working with Main Events was good and I thank them for everything, but now everyone is going their own way. My boss is Ziggy Rozalski. Now we're going to act on our own. We have friends who will help us in organizing our boxing events. My job is training and victory in battle. I need to win and once again try to become world heavyweight champion. The next fight will likely take place in March in New Jersey or New York, because I have a lot of fans over there."

Main Events, which recently signed a deal with NBC Sports to air a handful of cards on the rebranded NBC Sports Network (former Versus) in 2012, is losing their biggest drawing card and their best fighter with this move by Adamek, and it's a shame for them because they've done a very good job promoting him in New Jersey. But it's just something that happens. It's a business move by Adamek. He's got such a following in that area, and such a following in Poland, that he really didn't need Main Events to put on his shows in Jersey anymore.

http://tinyurl.com/c94ey53

Last edited by GrantZilla on Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:17 pm; edited 2 times in total
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

UPDATE: Adamek back with Main Events Empty Re: UPDATE: Adamek back with Main Events

Post  NJBeatdown86 Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:32 pm

I thought Main Events had exclusive rights to The Rock (one of the reasons Hop-Dawson ended up in L.A), if that's the case it would make little sense to leave.
NJBeatdown86
NJBeatdown86

Back to top Go down

UPDATE: Adamek back with Main Events Empty Re: UPDATE: Adamek back with Main Events

Post  GrantZilla Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:41 pm

NJBeatdown86 wrote:I thought Main Events had exclusive rights to The Rock (one of the reasons Hop-Dawson ended up in L.A), if that's the case it would make little sense to leave.

He could fight at MSG
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  NJBeatdown86 Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:20 pm

GrantZilla wrote:
NJBeatdown86 wrote:I thought Main Events had exclusive rights to The Rock (one of the reasons Hop-Dawson ended up in L.A), if that's the case it would make little sense to leave.

He could fight at MSG

That could work, although you'd be shocked on how many people won't go from NJ to NYC and vise-a-versa, despite how easy it is to catch public transportation. NYC should be fine, a better choice than the decaying Izod Center.
NJBeatdown86
NJBeatdown86

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:58 pm

NJBeatdown86 wrote:That could work, although you'd be shocked on how many people won't go from NJ to NYC and vise-a-versa, despite how easy it is to catch public transportation. NYC should be fine, a better choice than the decaying Izod Center.

Yeah, but it seems Adamek's US Polish fans are pretty hardcore. They treat it like a soccer match, showing up in body paint and shit. So I doubt the communte will stop them.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  NJBeatdown86 Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:18 pm

GrantZilla wrote:
NJBeatdown86 wrote:That could work, although you'd be shocked on how many people won't go from NJ to NYC and vise-a-versa, despite how easy it is to catch public transportation. NYC should be fine, a better choice than the decaying Izod Center.

Yeah, but it seems Adamek's US Polish fans are pretty hardcore. They treat it like a soccer match, showing up in body paint and shit. So I doubt the communte will stop them.

Pretty much. Now that i think about it, MSG is probably the best choice if The Rock is unavailable, the Izod Center is a trainwreck to get into, thanks to the unfinished Xanadu monstrosity that shares the parking lot. I have no idea what they were thinking when that deal was signed, the biggest star left of ME is friggin' Zab, and he ended up fighting in the AmeriHealth Pavillion, which is basically a big high school gym inside the Prudential Center, thanks to poor ticket sales of his previous fights.
NJBeatdown86
NJBeatdown86

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:16 pm

Heavyweight contender Tomasz Adamek has agreed to a contract extension with promoter Main Events and will return March 24 against an opponent to be determined, Main Events' Kathy Duva said Tuesday.

Duva said Adamek (44-2, 28 KOs) and Main Events had agreed to a multi-fight deal but she did not want to disclose the terms.

"We're happy we worked things out," Duva said. "Tomasz wants to fight and there are a number of good fights we can look to try to make with him in the future."

Adamek's fight will take place at the Aviator Sports Complex in Brooklyn, N.Y., and be televised on the second installment of NBC Sports Network's new "Fight Night" series, which it is putting on with Main Events as its exclusive promoter.

The card will be headlined by the previously announced junior welterweight title eliminator between former titleholder Zab Judah (41-7, 28 KOs), who is from Brooklyn and will be fighting in his home borough for the first time in his 16-year professional career, and Vernon Paris (26-0, 15 KOs)

Besides adding Adamek to the card, Duva also beefed it up with a second heavyweight fight she announced Tuesday: former titleholder Sergei Liakhovich (25-4, 16 KOs) facing Bryant Jennings (12-0, 5 KOs). All three bouts will be part of the telecast, Duva said.

"Everybody says they will show you what they can do if they had TV slots," she said. "Well, I'm showing you what I can do, and that is make good shows."

http://tinyurl.com/8x6kmw4
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Tobe Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:49 pm

That's shaping up to be a hell of a card. The Duva's have got to be getting lonley being the only decent boxing promoters in the US.
Tobe
Tobe

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:15 am

Tobe wrote:That's shaping up to be a hell of a card. The Duva's have got to be getting lonley being the only decent boxing promoters in the US.

NBC needs to do their part and actually advertise the fight. It really should be on regular NBC. No way it would get worst ratings then NBC already gets.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down