The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Andre Ward vs. Carl Froch Thread

+7
GrantZilla
Tobe
dmar5143
captainanddew
powerpuncher
gomez1012
Shaun
11 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Andre Ward vs. Carl Froch Thread Empty Andre Ward vs. Carl Froch Thread

Post  Shaun Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:37 am

Here's the full 11th episode of Fight Camp 360, covering the December 17 Super Six World Boxing Classic final, between Andre Ward and Carl Froch:

I'm stoked for this fight.

Shaun
Shaun

Back to top Go down

Andre Ward vs. Carl Froch Thread Empty Re: Andre Ward vs. Carl Froch Thread

Post  Guest Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:41 pm

Gotta go with Ward by decision but I see it being more competitive than we expect.

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Sun Dec 11, 2011 7:12 pm

Froch on twitter

Andre Ward vs. Carl Froch Thread J2aiqanj:iphone

LOL!
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Dec 11, 2011 7:16 pm

gomez1012 wrote:Froch on twitter

Andre Ward vs. Carl Froch Thread J2aiqanj:iphone

LOL!

lol!

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Sun Dec 11, 2011 7:26 pm

I dont care who wins, fan of both guys
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Shaun Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:30 pm

Looks like ESPN might be giving good coverage of this fight as well.

Already has its own topic page: http://espn.go.com/sports/boxing/topics/_/page/froch-vs-ward

Shaun
Shaun

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:15 pm

Shaun wrote:Looks like ESPN might be giving good coverage of this fight as well.

Already has its own topic page: http://espn.go.com/sports/boxing/topics/_/page/froch-vs-ward

hopefully. this is a pretty big fight. this is actually one of the bigger fights that boxing has had for a while.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Shaun Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:16 pm

powerpuncher wrote:
Shaun wrote:Looks like ESPN might be giving good coverage of this fight as well.

hopefully. this is a pretty big fight. this is actually one of the bigger fights that boxing has had for a while.

Define what you mean by "bigger?"
Shaun
Shaun

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:19 pm

Shaun wrote:
powerpuncher wrote:

for one, its the final to the tournament (too bad bute wasnt in it otherwise it would be even bigger because it would show who the best at 168 is), and its a fight against 2 top guys in the division which are one of the better matchups that could be made. by that i mean that most fights dont have 2 guys fighting that are on the level of ward or froch. pac and marquez is the only fight i can think of recently that both fighters were better than ward and froch.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Shaun Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:21 pm

powerpuncher wrote:
Shaun wrote:
powerpuncher wrote:

for one, its the final to the tournament (too bad bute wasnt in it otherwise it would be even bigger because it would show who the best at 168 is), and its a fight against 2 top guys in the division which are one of the better matchups that could be made. by that i mean that most fights dont have 2 guys fighting that are on the level of ward or froch. pac and marquez is the only fight i can think of recently that both fighters were better than ward and froch.

Got it.
Shaun
Shaun

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:42 pm

I'm so pumped for this fight. You have to favor Ward to eke it out somehow, but Froch should give him much more trouble than anyone else in the tournament.

Is Ward going to try to box like he did with Kessler, mug like he did with Green, or a mixture. I think he will have to use all styles and keep changing things up from round to round, within rounds, etc...
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Shaun Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:16 am

captainanddew wrote:I'm so pumped for this fight. You have to favor Ward to eke it out somehow, but Froch should give him much more trouble than anyone else in the tournament.

Is Ward going to try to box like he did with Kessler, mug like he did with Green, or a mixture. I think he will have to use all styles and keep changing things up from round to round, within rounds, etc...

I think he will box.
Shaun
Shaun

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:16 pm

Shaun wrote:
captainanddew wrote:I'm so pumped for this fight. You have to favor Ward to eke it out somehow, but Froch should give him much more trouble than anyone else in the tournament.

I think he will box.
i feel that ward fights his opponents style to throw them off. he will mimic his opponent but make it sloppy. ward i think will fight on the inside a lot rather than boxing because i dont see froch boxing past the 4th round because he knows he cant win a fight boxing with ward.

i think that the score cards will be a pretty wide victory for ward.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:16 pm

Im thinking Ward by TKO
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:19 am

as of today ward is a 3-1 to a 3 n a half to 1 favorite.ring magazines poll of boxing folks and experts have ward wining 21-3 suggesting maybe ward is more of a favorite then the odds show.on paper ward is the slicker fighter.he can box and fight on the inside as well plus is a smother more fluid fighter..froch has faced far tougher competion i feel.
ward is viewed as the quicker fighter also.all this seems to add up as froch big chance is the equalizer of a bigger punch that can end it all dramaticaly in a come from behind ko..ward appears to be the more disciplined fighter mentaly at least to me..
froch to me has the greater will perhaps.a close fight is expected but ward the winner.almost everyone is picking ward.ward appears to have fewer flaws.is that one of the reasons why.ill be rooting for carl via a ko but reading all this stuff has me wondering if he doesnt ko ward he losses.. are the experts dispite claiming a close fight realy saying this is a one sided affair.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:25 pm

dmar5143 wrote:as of today ward is a 3-1 to a 3 n a half to 1 favorite.ring magazines poll of boxing folks and experts have ward wining 21-3 suggesting maybe ward is more of a favorite then the odds show.on paper ward is the slicker fighter.he can box and fight on the inside as well plus is a smother more fluid fighter..froch has faced far tougher competion i feel.
ward is viewed as the quicker fighter also.all this seems to add up as froch big chance is the equalizer of a bigger punch that can end it all dramaticaly in a come from behind ko..ward appears to be the more disciplined fighter mentaly at least to me..
froch to me has the greater will perhaps.a close fight is expected but ward the winner.almost everyone is picking ward.ward appears to have fewer flaws.is that one of the reasons why.ill be rooting for carl via a ko but reading all this stuff has me wondering if he doesnt ko ward he losses.. are the experts dispite claiming a close fight realy saying this is a one sided affair.

this is one of those fights where the experts think one guy is going to win but they think the loser Froch will perform very well.

Froch used to be known as more of a brawler. He has shown rather underated boxing skills and a strong will to match during the tournament. If he is losing the fight he will try to take it to Ward in the 2nd half. I think Ward wins but it isn't a given. I will be rooting for Froch.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:29 pm

captainanddew wrote:
dmar5143 wrote:as of today ward is a 3-1 to a 3 n a half to 1 favorite.ring magazines poll of boxing folks and experts have ward wining 21-3 suggesting maybe ward is more of a favorite then the odds show.on paper ward is the slicker fighter.he can box and fight on the inside as well plus is a smother more fluid fighter..froch has faced far tougher competion i feel.

this is one of those fights where the experts think one guy is going to win but they think the loser Froch will perform very well.

Froch used to be known as more of a brawler. He has shown rather underated boxing skills and a strong will to match during the tournament. If he is losing the fight he will try to take it to Ward in the 2nd half. I think Ward wins but it isn't a given. I will be rooting for Froch.
he isnt a boxer at all really. being able to outbox abraham and johnson doesnt make you a boxer. im actually surprised that most of the experts are picking ward. i do agree though. ward will win a very comfortable decision.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Shaun Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:20 pm

I think it's ridiculous that boxing fans feel that Andre Ward still has something to prove. Before the Super Six tournament, Arthur Abraham and Mikkel Kessler were the favorites. Andre Ward soundly defeated both of them. He then was fed Alan Green (Soonermark's false hope) and dominated him the way he was supposed to. Then he grinded his way to a tough, yet definitive victory vs. Sakio Bika. I really find it amazing that anyone would pick Froch in this fight. Froch is basically Kessler 2.0 (and he technically lost to Kessler).

Once Ward beats Froch (who I like by the way), he will still not be a "proven" fighter to the majority of boxing fans. It's amazing how the boxing community is tricked by HBO's "legitimacy." The only way you can gain star status as a professional boxer in America is to sign contracts with HBO. If Andre Ward wants to finally prove his undeniable worth, he is going to have to beat Bute on HBO... but Bute is signed to a long term contract with Showtime. So even if Ward beats Bute in his next fight, he still won't get the recognition he deserves.

In my opinion, if he defeats Froch and Bute, Ward would be #3 in P4P rankings.

My current Top 5:

1 - Mayweather
2 - Martinez
3 - Pacquiao
4 - Donaire
5- Ward
Shaun
Shaun

Back to top Go down

Post  Tobe Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:03 pm

Good post Shaun. I don't pay much mind to P4P rankings, but I agree Ward would be right up there if he beat Bute. That's a big damn IF IMO, I think he has a much harder time with Bute than he will with Froch (who I agree he should beat).
Tobe
Tobe

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:46 pm

P4P is not all about resume. It's who you think is P4P the best fighter. Resume plays more into divisional rankings.

This is why I agree with Tobe with not paying that much attention to P4P rankings. It's all opinion.

Fact is, Ward beats Froch he is the Super Middle Champ, and if he goes on and beats Bute, he will be the clear cut undisputed Super Middle Champ.

That is far more significant then some mythical list.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Shaun Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:51 pm

Why is everyone sold on Bute? He should have a defeat on his record vs. Andrade. He also has a very weak resume. The only big name he has defeated is Glen Johnson. Glen looked like a grandpa in that fight... a grandpa that went crazy too (he thought he won the fight).

I guarantee that Ward will fight Bute on the inside. Have we even seen Bute fight on the inside yet?
Shaun
Shaun

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:02 pm

I'm not sold on Bute, but until he is taken out, he will continue to be in the mix

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Shaun Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:10 pm

GrantZilla wrote:I'm not sold on Bute, but until he is taken out, he will continue to be in the mix

Oh he's certainly in the mix and I can understand the logic someone might have in selecting Bute over Ward. However, some people seem to have so much confidence in Bute. Based on what? His wins vs. mismatched opponents?
Shaun
Shaun

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:25 pm

powerpuncher wrote:he isnt a boxer at all really. being able to outbox abraham and johnson doesnt make you a boxer. im actually surprised that most of the experts are picking ward. i do agree though. ward will win a very comfortable decision.
He also outboxed Kessler. If you think Kessler won it was because he was more active, not because he was outboxing Froch. The thing about Froch is that he has an unusual and increasingly effective jab. Ward has been able to control opponents with his jab and work off of that. If he can't do that against Froch (but there's a good chance he can) we'll see if he can adapt in a way that he hasn't had to so far.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:28 pm

Shaun wrote:Why is everyone sold on Bute? He should have a defeat on his record vs. Andrade. He also has a very weak resume. The only big name he has defeated is Glen Johnson. Glen looked like a grandpa in that fight... a grandpa that went crazy too (he thought he won the fight).

I guarantee that Ward will fight Bute on the inside. Have we even seen Bute fight on the inside yet?
Bute is a big, athletic southpaw. He's very long, fast, a skillful boxer, a hard puncher, tricky and a little bit slippery. Don't worry about the names on his resume, look at how he's fought. He's been dominant. If you're holding your judgement until he fights the Super 6 winner that's one thing, but he's earned his rank.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next