The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MANNY NOT DONE YET

+6
flapanther2001
UBeeg9cats
captainanddew
powerpuncher
Soonermark890
Frank
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

MANNY NOT DONE YET Empty MANNY NOT DONE YET

Post  Guest Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:27 pm

Contrary to what we've all been thinking and Freddie Roach has been hinting, Manny Pacquiao told reporters in Manila he will fight for a couple of more years! Huzzah!

Let's see that means we can talk about him and Floyd not fighting for another coupla years! Is that greta or what?

More seriously six more fights for Manny regardless of who they are with would be a treat. But if Manny fights six more fights there is a 99.99999999% chance he'll lose at least once. Father Time is watching.

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/boxing/news/story?id=5837948

Back to top Go down

MANNY NOT DONE YET Empty Re: MANNY NOT DONE YET

Post  Frank Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:31 pm

Right now, Manny is as close to invincible as he'll ever get. I personally don't believe I've ever seen a greater fighter (maybe Ali?). However, he's human. In the end, he'll punish us all my making us look at him fighting years past his prime. My guess is that the political career will end in shambles and he'll keep doing what makes him special. The hell with those thoughts for now. Manny's in his prime. Who knows? Maybe he'll retire on time, but I doubt it.

Frank

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:00 pm

Ok all i could think of to add is "fuckin A man."
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:19 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:Contrary to what we've all been thinking and Freddie Roach has been hinting, Manny Pacquiao told reporters in Manila he will fight for a couple of more years! Huzzah!

Let's see that means we can talk about him and Floyd not fighting for another coupla years! Is that greta or what?

More seriously six more fights for Manny regardless of who they are with would be a treat. But if Manny fights six more fights there is a 99.99999999% chance he'll lose at least once. Father Time is watching.

thats what im most excited for
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:25 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:Contrary to what we've all been thinking and Freddie Roach has been hinting, Manny Pacquiao told reporters in Manila he will fight for a couple of more years! Huzzah!

Since Floyd is going to duck, how about get rid of Berto in the Spring, then Bradley vs Alexander winner. Then Khan vs Maidana winner. That would be downright sick (and we know he can do it).
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  UBeeg9cats Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:35 pm

I see that as a good time for Manny to leave. He can fight throughout his term as Congressman but will want to move up to Senator or further next time. Those jobs will require more work and he will be more interested in them.

As for the boxing side, I see Floyd in prison for a lot of this time. I think Manny could fight JMM, Mosley, Berto, and Cotto in this timeframe. That means he could be the WW champ (if Floyd is behind bars). The winner of Bradley-Alexander is a great choice as well. Would a younger gun pop up in the WW division to challenge him for his 6th fight? Whatever he does, I'll be watching.

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:43 pm

UBeeg9cats wrote:I see that as a good time for Manny to leave. He can fight throughout his term as Congressman but will want to move up to Senator or further next time. Those jobs will require more work and he will be more interested in them.

As for the boxing side, I see Floyd in prison for a lot of this time. I think Manny could fight JMM, Mosley, Berto, and Cotto in this timeframe. That means he could be the WW champ (if Floyd is behind bars). The winner of Bradley-Alexander is a great choice as well. Would a younger gun pop up in the WW division to challenge him for his 6th fight? Whatever he does, I'll be watching.

When seeing Manny fight against Morales, MAB, and Marquez, I realized he was a future Hall of Famer and was improving from working with Roach. I still never would have believed that he would continue to improve and progress to the point he has reached. Kudos to Manny and to Freddie. Both have earned my respect and my viewership.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:35 pm

Actually, I think his duties in Gov't. will change his mind. He doesn't want to be an absentee Rep. He might knuckle under to the demands of his job in Congress. I cannot foresee six more fights for Manny.
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:51 pm

i saw and read what manny said but ill bet against it..2 more fights and he will retire..3 at the very most.he has family pressure to do so and political ambitions..

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:58 pm

Manny lost his first election because he said he'll quit boxing if he was elected, he won the second election over a family that ruled the province for generations because he said he would continue after he was elected. Part of Manny's public service is to fight. Guerrilla warfare stops, people forget about their dire situation for an hour etc. He gives people hope and he realizes this. He'll fight for the remainder of his term.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:04 pm

hardcorebee24 wrote:Manny lost his first election because he said he'll quit boxing if he was elected, he won the second election over a family that ruled the province for generations because he said he would continue after he was elected. Part of Manny's public service is to fight. Guerrilla warfare stops, people forget about their dire situation for an hour etc. He gives people hope and he realizes this. He'll fight for the remainder of his term.

Kind of like Ireland in in the 1980's. The cry in the Six Counties then was "Leave the fighting to McGuigan!"

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:07 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:
hardcorebee24 wrote:Manny lost his first election because he said he'll quit boxing if he was elected, he won the second election over a family that ruled the province for generations because he said he would continue after he was elected. Part of Manny's public service is to fight. Guerrilla warfare stops, people forget about their dire situation for an hour etc. He gives people hope and he realizes this. He'll fight for the remainder of his term.

Kind of like Ireland in in the 1980's. The cry in the Six Counties then was "Leave the fighting to McGuigan!"

Not kind of, just like that. Perfect comparison.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  Freddie1437 Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:43 pm

I'm curious to see who they are going to match Manny up with if the Floyd fight doesn't happen? I really don't think beating a 40 year old Shane will do anything for him. I also don't know if Bradley vs Alexander does anything for him either, I mean they're both undefeated, but the 140 lb division is stacked so they should probably take care of that first. I don't know if Martinez is too big for Manny to go after, at this point in time, I think the only viable option would be Floyd, but after that what would really interest the fans as far as talent goes? Berto? I think he's too green.
Freddie1437
Freddie1437

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:59 pm

Freddie1437 wrote:I'm curious to see who they are going to match Manny up with if the Floyd fight doesn't happen? I really don't think beating a 40 year old Shane will do anything for him. I also don't know if Bradley vs Alexander does anything for him either, I mean they're both undefeated, but the 140 lb division is stacked so they should probably take care of that first. I don't know if Martinez is too big for Manny to go after, at this point in time, I think the only viable option would be Floyd, but after that what would really interest the fans as far as talent goes? Berto? I think he's too green.

Berto is NOT too green. He's been a pro for almost 7 years and holds a freakin' belt!!! Enough with that talk. The winner of the unofficial 140 lb tourney are also acceptable for Manny if you ask me. both options are acceptable for Floyd as well.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  Freddie1437 Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:03 pm

hardcorebee24 wrote:
Freddie1437 wrote:I'm curious to see who they are going to match Manny up with if the Floyd fight doesn't happen? I really don't think beating a 40 year old Shane will do anything for him. I also don't know if Bradley vs Alexander does anything for him either, I mean they're both undefeated, but the 140 lb division is stacked so they should probably take care of that first. I don't know if Martinez is too big for Manny to go after, at this point in time, I think the only viable option would be Floyd, but after that what would really interest the fans as far as talent goes? Berto? I think he's too green.

Berto is NOT too green. He's been a pro for almost 7 years and holds a freakin' belt!!! Enough with that talk. The winner of the unofficial 140 lb tourney are also acceptable for Manny if you ask me. both options are acceptable for Floyd as well.

I'm just saying that Berto has fought absolutely no one which is why I say that. I doubt Berto would want the fight, he may say he does, but I doubt if it happens. Exactly the winner of the 140 lb tourney would be great. I say Bradley wins it!
Freddie1437
Freddie1437

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:09 pm

berto would take that fight and even if he was smart ok 25 percent of the deal which will make him 7-8 million dollars.thats a lot of money for a guy who had 800 fans at his last fight.

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:13 pm

Freddie1437 wrote:
hardcorebee24 wrote:

I'm just saying that Berto has fought absolutely no one which is why I say that. I doubt Berto would want the fight, he may say he does, but I doubt if it happens. Exactly the winner of the 140 lb tourney would be great. I say Bradley wins it!

He's an asshole if he doesn't take that fight. I agree that Bradley will win. If Manny plans to fight for three more years he will get one of these guys I predict.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  Freddie1437 Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:18 pm

dmar5143 wrote:berto would take that fight and even if he was smart ok 25 percent of the deal which will make him 7-8 million dollars.thats a lot of money for a guy who had 800 fans at his last fight.

I just see Berto as being in no hurry to fight a fighter like Pac, I mean the guy is fighting Freddy Hernandez this weekend LOL!
Freddie1437
Freddie1437

Back to top Go down

Post  Freddie1437 Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:20 pm

hardcorebee24 wrote:
Freddie1437 wrote:
hardcorebee24 wrote:

He's an asshole if he doesn't take that fight. I agree that Bradley will win. If Manny plans to fight for three more years he will get one of these guys I predict.

I agree with you, but I just see Berto as a guy who really doesn't want to push himself to fight the best, I mean since Berto got the belt, there have been good WW's and Berto hasn't managed to fight anyone, except Collazo who was close and Quintana.
Freddie1437
Freddie1437

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:24 pm

[/quote]I agree with you, but I just see Berto as a guy who really doesn't want to push himself to fight the best, I mean since Berto got the belt, there have been good WW's and Berto hasn't managed to fight anyone, except Collazo who was close and Quintana.[/quote]

3 million and PPV piece, he may push himself. So who does Berto fight at welter? Cotto?
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:27 pm

hardcorebee24 wrote:
3 million and PPV piece, he may push himself. So who does Berto fight at welter? Cotto?

I wouldnt be surprised if he went to Turkey for another million dollar pay day vs Aydin Laughing
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:33 pm

gomez1012 wrote:
hardcorebee24 wrote:

I wouldnt be surprised if he went to Turkey for another million dollar pay day vs Aydin Laughing

Gross!
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:50 pm

bertos days at hbo for a million a fight are over..i read last week that in no uncertain terms hes not going to be shown on hbo unless its against good fighters..the welter division has thined out with cotto citron margo and williams moving up.. that leaves mosley and shane may be the weakest of the bunch that hbo will say ok too..

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:55 pm

dmar5143 wrote:bertos days at hbo for a million a fight are over..i read last week that in no uncertain terms hes not going to be shown on hbo unless its against good fighters..the welter division has thined out with cotto citron margo and williams moving up.. that leaves mosley and shane may be the weakest of the bunch that hbo will say ok too..

welterweight was strong there for a while. You had Floyd, Cintron, PW, Margarito, Cotto, Clottey, Berto, Quintana, Collazo, and others.

Floyd is so inactive why even fight anymore
Cintron moved up
PW moved up
Margarito moved up
Cotto moved up
Clottey refused to move his damn hands at all against Pac
Berto is still fighting guys with no hope of winning
Quintana got old
Collazo-inactive for the most part
Mosley-got old

Definitely time for new blood at 147. A division that had very good fighters for a while there, is rather bare.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:48 pm

I don't know that Manny will be able to compete at the same level for a few more years. He needs to put in his work now. Even with the best intentions he's getting older and the more he gets involved in politics the more he'll likely get drawn in.

He's a guy that can potentially do more outside of boxing than inside of it so at some point whatever it is that drives him will probably fade.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next