The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vic Darchinyan wants to do MMA

4 posters

Go down

Vic Darchinyan wants to do MMA Empty Vic Darchinyan wants to do MMA

Post  GrantZilla Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:51 am

"I will do MMA," Vic Darchinyan told Showtime days before Saturday's title bout with Anselmo Moreno, the World Boxing Association's 118-pound champion. "I will fight in 2012. ... At the same time I want to do MMA and boxing."

Darchinyan has contemplated mixed martial arts for awhile, he said. His boxing promoter, Gary Shaw, has experience in both sports; as president of EliteXC, he was responsible for turning Kevin "Kimbo Slice" Ferguson into a hot commodity among MMA viewers.

Shaw drew a comparison to Ferguson.

"Vic is serious about going into MMA after he completes his triumph on Saturday night," Shaw said at a press conference Wednesday.

Ring Magazine rates Darchinyan at No. 5 for bantamweights in boxing. While some experienced boxers have had decent careers in MMA, such as Chris Lytle and Marcus Davis, the going might be tougher for Darchinyan, given that he's already 35 years old.

He'd also need to bulk up for mixed martial arts, where the smallest men's division has a 125-pound limit. If he aspires to fight for the Ultimate Fighting Championship or Bellator Fighting Championships, he might have to put on even more muscle; they currently go no lower than 135 pounds.

http://tinyurl.com/cynv9fl
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Vic Darchinyan wants to do MMA Empty Re: Vic Darchinyan wants to do MMA

Post  Guest Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:41 pm

He's too small.

Back to top Go down

Post  NJBeatdown86 Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:42 pm

Not enough little guys for a 115 divison, he'd get slaughtered by the guys at 125.
NJBeatdown86
NJBeatdown86

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:34 pm

NJBeatdown86 wrote:Not enough little guys for a 115 divison, he'd get slaughtered by the guys at 125.

he needs to retire from boxing anyhow. He's almost 36 and that is old as hell for smaller boxers.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  NJBeatdown86 Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:38 pm

I think Moreno outlanded him by over 100 punches last night, he needs to call it a day.
NJBeatdown86
NJBeatdown86

Back to top Go down

Post  SlickMoney Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:41 pm

Too small and too old. If he was 10 years younger then i can see him growing into a natural 125 lb body. But its too late for him.
SlickMoney
SlickMoney

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down