The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Will throw a party when Ross Greenberg is gone

+2
dbudge
GrantZilla
6 posters

Go down

Will throw a party when Ross Greenberg is gone Empty Will throw a party when Ross Greenberg is gone

Post  GrantZilla Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:20 pm

Contract expires 2012. Doubt HBO renews it if you beleive Hauser's reports on how the HBO boss' are not happy about Showtime one-upping them, and Mayweather-Pac fight not happening.

Not to mention Hauser mentioning HBO handing boxing over to Turner sports department

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Will throw a party when Ross Greenberg is gone Empty Re: Will throw a party when Ross Greenberg is gone

Post  Guest Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:28 pm

Let's hope they replace Greenburg with someone who actually has a passion for boxing.

Back to top Go down

Will throw a party when Ross Greenberg is gone Empty Re: Will throw a party when Ross Greenberg is gone

Post  GrantZilla Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:31 pm

Hmmm, Brian Kenny or Joe Tessitore for HBO Boxing Prez
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:33 pm

Brian Kenny just to torture Flod.

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:35 pm

there have been a lot of shocks for HBO this year. Could there be another next week with Berto?? i doubt it. i can't believe he is getting over $1million for that gig, that is the same as Sergio got paid last night. Can somebody answer me this question, why does Al Haymon seem to have so much clout when it comes to negotiating fights with HBO for his fighters???

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:40 pm

dbudge wrote:there have been a lot of shocks for HBO this year. Could there be another next week with Berto?? i doubt it. i can't believe he is getting over $1million for that gig, that is the same as Sergio got paid last night. Can somebody answer me this question, why does Al Haymon seem to have so much clout when it comes to negotiating fights with HBO for his fighters???

He has naked pictures of all the promoters and execs snorting a line off of Courtney Love's chesticles.

Back to top Go down

Post  Groundhog Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:42 pm

dbudge wrote:there have been a lot of shocks for HBO this year. Could there be another next week with Berto?? i doubt it. i can't believe he is getting over $1million for that gig, that is the same as Sergio got paid last night. Can somebody answer me this question, why does Al Haymon seem to have so much clout when it comes to negotiating fights with HBO for his fighters???

He's got connects with the higher ups at Time Warner. That's pretty much it lol.

Groundhog

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:43 pm

Ali wrote:

He has naked pictures of all the promoters and execs snorting a line off of Courtney Love's chesticles.

I'm going to go throw up
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:43 pm

Basically Haymon uses Beyonce as a weapon Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:44 pm

captainanddew wrote:
Ali wrote:

I'm going to go throw up

Hey you're the one who's fantasizing about Cyclops being chained to a wall in dungeon.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:46 pm

Isn't the right move to try to hire Showtime's #2 guy?

I have no idea who that is.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:57 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:Isn't the right move to try to hire Showtime's #2 guy?

Gus Johnson Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:19 pm

Ali wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:Isn't the right move to try to hire Showtime's #2 guy?

Gus Johnson Smile

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:28 pm

why not the guy they had before..a seth something i think...

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:22 pm

This is what Hauser states in Part III of his HBO boxing review:

As for boxing; the Turner networks (which are part of the Time Warner empire) include inter alia TBS and TNT. TBS televised all four Major League Baseball divisional playoff series this year and the American League championship series. In May 2010, TBS and TNT acquired shared rights with CBS to the NCAA men’s basketball championship tournament through 2024. TBS and TNT also televise NBA basketball, college football, NASCAR, and numerous other sports events. Turner has a huge sports production staff.

David Levy is president of Turner Sports. All sports in the Turner family of networks flow through him. There has been talk of putting HBO’s live boxing program under Levy’s guidance. The fights would still air on HBO, but acquisition and production would be under his umbrella. TBS or TNT might also televise fights to build synergy and provide a platform for young fighters.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:29 pm

What would Turner do different with boxing ?

Back to top Go down

Post  boxinglawyer Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:46 pm

dmar5143 wrote:why not the guy they had before..a seth something i think...

Seth Abraham. Seth has moved on and upward. He wont be back to that level at HBO.

boxinglawyer

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:53 pm

Ali wrote:What would Turner do different with boxing ?

Probably get people that know boxing in charge, instead HBO that's got programmers like Greenberg and co that don't know shit about boxing.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:07 pm

Ali wrote:What would Turner do different with boxing ?

http://www.maxboxing.com/news/main-lead/hbo-and-the-state-of-boxing--part-three1

David Levy is president of Turner Sports. All sports in the Turner family of networks flow through him. There has been talk of putting HBO’s live boxing program under Levy’s guidance. The fights would still air on HBO, but acquisition and production would be under his umbrella. TBS or TNT might also televise fights to build synergy and provide a platform for young fighters.

When asked about this scenario, Bob Arum (who is not a source of the reports) says, “You’d save a fortune on salaries. You’d save a fortune on production costs. And you wouldn’t be paying for all those first-class airplane tickets and all those rooms at the Four Seasons and Beverly Wilshire hotels. Forget all the planning and scheming and machinations that these guys go through. HBO has the biggest checkbook in the industry. Promoters will be lining up to sell fights to Turner or HBO or whoever. You’re not reinventing the wheel here.”

More fights, more marketing, and another network for HBO to develop fights
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down