The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Malignaggi-Maidana

+8
hardcorebee24
UBeeg9cats
Gumby
flapanther2001
Diego408
powerpuncher
gomez1012
GrantZilla
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Malignaggi-Maidana  Empty Malignaggi-Maidana

Post  GrantZilla Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:29 pm

Sebastian Contursi, advisor to WBA junior welterweight champion Marcos Maidana (31-2, 28KOs), revealed that his boxer is considering a possible move to 147-pounds, according to a recent interview with BoxingScene.com's Chris Robinson. Maidana is considering a tentative ring return in February 2012.

If Maidana moves forward with his plan to join the welterweight ranks, then Paulie Malignaggi (30-4, 6KOs) is ready and waiting. Like Maidana, Malignaggi held a major championship at 140-pounds. He moved up in weight three fights ago.

"I think it's a great fight. Everybody knows that I always want to fight the best and get myself into big fights. I like the challenge of fighting the best. It's a challenge to myself to take on a fighter like Maidana. I want to challenge him to a fight. I know his adviser he's looking at Mayweather and Berto right off the bat. If he doesn't get those fights, I think me and him is a solid fight. I'm on a three fight win streak. I'm a welterweight who moved up from junior welterweight like him. If he wants to fight in February, I'm available," Malignaggi told BoxingScene.com.

"And we can do it on the East Coast. A lot of Argentine fighters have been fighting on the East Coast, like Sergio Martinez and Omar Narvaez. And me, being originally from New York, I think the fight will do well there. It would generate a lot of interest. And I like my chances to win that fight."

http://tinyurl.com/6b5w3qc

Last edited by GrantZilla on Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:10 am; edited 1 time in total
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Malignaggi-Maidana  Empty Re: Malignaggi-Maidana

Post  gomez1012 Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:00 pm

please no
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:15 pm

i guess it would be an alright tune up for maidana at 147 although paulie isnt really even a welterweight.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:38 pm

No
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:46 pm

A 3 fight win streak? That's laughable....
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:01 pm

I think it could be fun. Pauly can't move like he used to and has always been a guy who eats punches so I think it would be exciting. Plus I think he has a shot against Maidana.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:06 am

Will someone please explain to me in a language I can understand how Paulie will keep Maidana off of him? The guy chased down Khan, now granted, Paulie has a better chin than Khan, but still, no way does Malignaggi escape unscathed....Maidana is no Juan Diaz.
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:56 am

flapanther2001 wrote:Will someone please explain to me in a language I can understand how Paulie will keep Maidana off of him? The guy chased down Khan, now granted, Paulie has a better chin than Khan, but still, no way does Malignaggi escape unscathed....Maidana is no Juan Diaz.
He probably won't be able to keep Maidana off of him Very Happy . The difference with him and Khan though is that Khan switched to his backpedal after the first few rounds. Paulie will try to box the whole night. Moving in and out and laterally instead of just back.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:01 pm

Paulie fights one handed, this is a terrible fight for HBO or Showtime

Shit belongs on ShoBox or FNFs

Wtf has Paulie done since getting his ass beat again by Khan? Fight no names and wait around for a legit fight?? Mad
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  UBeeg9cats Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:09 pm

I really like this fight. Paulie is what he is at this point of his career. He is a name who can help sell the fight during the preceding weeks. Maidana doesn't deserve a crack at Pac or Mayweather. He doesn't even deserve a trinket fight at 147 so why not let him fight Paulie.

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:20 pm

I dig this fight on a BAD double header.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:37 am

Paulie obviously doesn't want to spend the rest of his life without slurring his speech.

Back to top Go down

Malignaggi-Maidana  Empty Malignaggi vs. Maidana ?

Post  Guest Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:37 pm

BoxingScene.com spoke with WBA "regular" junior welterweight champion/welterweight contender Marcos Maidana (31-3, 28KOs), and his adviser Sebastian Contursi, to discuss the status of his career. Maidana was scheduled to face unbeaten Keith Thurman next Saturday night in an HBO televised co-feature, but he withdrew from the fight after making a decision to take another direction.

According to Maidana, he is currently in talks with Golden Boy Promotions to appear on the Saul Alvarez-Josesito Lopez quadrupleheader, which takes place on September 15th at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. Showtime will televise the card.

Another possible option is a fight with WBA welterweight champion Paulie Malignaggi on October 20th, when Golden Boy stages their first show at Brooklyn's Barclays Center.

"There is a good chance, we are having talks with Golden Boy, that maybe I might fight on September the 15th in Las Vegas, but there is also another chance [for me], facing Malignaggi. But September 15th is one possibility," Maidana told BoxingScene.com.

One fight Maidana would not rule out, but it hasn't been discussed with him personally, is a high-stakes clash with his Argentine countryman Lucas Matthysse.

"I think that it's a great fight, of course, and in Argentina it would be a huge fight. [Golden Boy] keeps talking about it, [but] it was never offered. We were never reached about it," Maidana said.

http://www.boxingscene.com/maidana-possible-canelo-bill-malignaggi-october--54973

That would be a pretty good scrap to start of the Barclays Center.

Back to top Go down

Post  shakefree Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:42 pm

ricky-paulie2?

shakefree

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:50 pm

Eh Paulie is still irrelevant and Maidanas stock keeps going down per fight. This at best in an undercard fight.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  kbyte Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:58 pm

I like it and I think Paulie can win it.
kbyte
kbyte

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jul 14, 2012 3:24 pm

kbyte wrote:I like it and I think Paulie can win it.

+1

Paulie has a granite chin and has regained alot of his confidence, I'd pick him for a decision in a fun fight.

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Sat Jul 14, 2012 4:25 pm

Ali wrote:

+1

Paulie has a granite chin and has regained alot of his confidence, I'd pick him for a decision in a fun fight.
Granite?
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jul 14, 2012 4:46 pm

flapanther2001 wrote:
Ali wrote:

+1

Granite?

Yeah granite as in rock solid.

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:29 am

I'd watch it. Can Paulie get another TKO? Pebble puncher Paulie against the granite chin of Maidana.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:35 am

Gumby wrote:I'd watch it. Can Paulie get another TKO? Pebble puncher Paulie against the granite chin of Maidana.
...maidanas chin is far from granite..paulie can win but he better dance all night long and use his hand speed at long distance.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:23 am

Gumby wrote:I'd watch it. Can Paulie get another TKO? Pebble puncher Paulie against the granite chin of Maidana.

No way would Paulie be able to stop Maidana, it's going to take a big welterweight or Matthysse to stop that caveman.

Back to top Go down

Post  SlickMoney Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:13 pm

This is Paulies last hurrah. If I'm him I'd try to make a fight with Bailey. Its a safe homecoming fight. I'm sure it'll get on Showtime with GBP's connections. Paulie can easily outbox Randall. This would be the most worthless (redundant) unification bout in history btw.
SlickMoney
SlickMoney

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:14 pm

SlickMoney wrote:This is Paulies last hurrah. If I'm him I'd try to make a fight with Bailey. Its a safe homecoming fight. I'm sure it'll get on Showtime with GBP's connections. Paulie can easily outbox Randall. This would be the most worthless (redundant) unification bout in history btw.

It looks like Bailey will probably be facing Alexander next month.

Back to top Go down

Post  SlickMoney Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:19 pm

Ali wrote:
SlickMoney wrote:This is Paulies last hurrah. If I'm him I'd try to make a fight with Bailey. Its a safe homecoming fight. I'm sure it'll get on Showtime with GBP's connections. Paulie can easily outbox Randall. This would be the most worthless (redundant) unification bout in history btw.

It looks like Bailey will probably be facing Alexander next month.

Last I heard was Bailey's side complaining about the contracts regarding the Alexander fight.
SlickMoney
SlickMoney

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next