The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

POUND FOR POUND TODAYS HEAVY HITTERS

+3
EnragedSlayer
GrantZilla
dmar5143
7 posters

Go down

POUND FOR POUND TODAYS HEAVY HITTERS Empty POUND FOR POUND TODAYS HEAVY HITTERS

Post  dmar5143 Fri Oct 28, 2011 5:14 pm

frank in a pm asked me about some past fighters and there punching abilty and i open this topic for disgussion on todays pound for pound heavy hitters..in the past guys like robinson marciano saddler ketchel etc etc of course are on the list of the greatest of the pound for pound hitters..without giving it much thought i ask what about today..its to me at least not the ko percentage that impresses me but the impact of there power and how they deliver it..so here goes and yes guys i may of missed one or two since its off the top of my head and not given deep thought..tier 1.gamboa rios bute segora.all killers..tier 2.pac maidana and kahn.yes kahn.tier 3 mattysee and juan lopez..guys who could crack the top 3 tiers providing they batter 2 or 3 top fighters are angulo kirkland alvarez and david lemiux.especialy david..guys that are good hard punchers but dont excite my eyes to say there in the top 3 tiers are.arce ortiz agbeko...
JMM isnt there and yes he can hit.hes does so manny things well and if someone includes them on there list you will get no objection from me.hes quality fighter.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

POUND FOR POUND TODAYS HEAVY HITTERS Empty Re: POUND FOR POUND TODAYS HEAVY HITTERS

Post  GrantZilla Fri Oct 28, 2011 5:21 pm

Wlad is the hardest hitter in boxing. When he actually decides to throw punches, his right and left hand are brutal.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

POUND FOR POUND TODAYS HEAVY HITTERS Empty Re: POUND FOR POUND TODAYS HEAVY HITTERS

Post  dmar5143 Fri Oct 28, 2011 5:24 pm

no disagreement from me that hes probably the hardest hitter..the topic is pound for pound and there are some more destructive no doubt.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:06 pm

dmar5143 wrote:no disagreement from me that hes probably the hardest hitter..the topic is pound for pound and there are some more destructive no doubt.

And that applies to P4P as well. Nobody else in boxing today that's got the kind of one punch KO power Wlad does.

Guys like Donaire, Martinez, ect have not consistently shown they have that kind of one punch KO power. It's more of a timing thing with them and landing the perfect punch.

That's what makes Wlad so frusterating. That he can end fighters much sooner, but because shaky chin, plays it safe.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  EnragedSlayer Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:44 pm

GrantZilla wrote:
dmar5143 wrote:no disagreement from me that hes probably the hardest hitter..the topic is pound for pound and there are some more destructive no doubt.

And that applies to P4P as well. Nobody else in boxing today that's got the kind of one punch KO power Wlad does.

Guys like Donaire, Martinez, ect have not consistently shown they have that kind of one punch KO power. It's more of a timing thing with them and landing the perfect punch.

That's what makes Wlad so frusterating. That he can end fighters much sooner, but because shaky chin, plays it safe.

+1 The guy hits so hard his jab can knock people out.
EnragedSlayer
EnragedSlayer

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:18 pm

i actually think that ortiz should be rated pretty highly in punching power. he has shown to have tremendous power throughout his fights. i personally think that he belongs with the 2nd tier fighters. remember that he knocked down maidana a few times (who has a great chin) and has pretty much has gotten at least a knock down if not a knock out in all of his fights that i can think of other than the floyd fight.

but anyways, darchinyan should definitely be on that list. dont forget that at flyweight he had monstrous power. other than that i think that the list is good.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:29 pm

Johnny Gonzalez has pretty good power and should be included on the list.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:27 pm

Gotta put Segura in the p4p hardest hitters.
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:22 am

flapanther2001 wrote:Gotta put Segura in the p4p hardest hitters.
...panther i already did..just typed name wrong with 1 letter..good suggestion
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:03 am

What about the little Japanese guy who knocked Kirkland out? Laughing

Frank

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:00 pm

dmar5143 wrote:
flapanther2001 wrote:Gotta put Segura in the p4p hardest hitters.
...panther i already did..just typed name wrong with 1 letter..good suggestion
OK...just saw that....definitely gotta put Rios as a hard puncher as well as Wonjongkam.
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:01 pm

Frank wrote:What about the little Japanese guy who knocked Kirkland out? Laughing
LOL....
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down