The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dan Rafael blocked me on twitter.

+2
SlickMoney
Diego408
6 posters

Go down

Dan Rafael blocked me on twitter. Empty Dan Rafael blocked me on twitter.

Post  Diego408 Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:03 pm

I think he didnt like my comment that I said he would be out of breath if he stepped in the boxing ring for 30 seconds.

Last edited by Diego408 on Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Dan Rafael blocked me on twitter. Empty Re: Dan Rafael blocked me on twitter.

Post  SlickMoney Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:07 pm

Im surprised Oscar hasnt blocked me yet.

I O.D. on him on the daily.
SlickMoney
SlickMoney

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:13 pm

SlickMoney wrote:Im surprised Oscar hasnt blocked me yet.

I O.D. on him on the daily.
He blocked me not too long ago, maybe an hour or two ago. That comment was probably two days old at most, Im not sure because I tweet a lot. Plus I called him unprofessional. At most Ive only insulted him like 4 times. I dont think he likes when people pick at his weight hahahaha
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:37 pm

Only this douche has blocked me

Dan Rafael blocked me on twitter. Pimplesr
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:39 pm

gomez1012 wrote:Only this douche has blocked me

Dan Rafael blocked me on twitter. Pimplesr
LMAO Who the fuck is that?
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:40 pm

Steve Kim
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:40 pm

gomez1012 wrote:Steve Kim
hahaha I dont know him by face, only name. Why did he block you?lol
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:30 pm

Diego408 wrote:

he was talking major shit about Ward's win over Abraham being bad for boxing , boring style or some mess and I tweeted him calling him out on his BS so he blocked me

gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:20 pm

Kim and Iole switch off as the two dumbest guys reporting boxing. With Mannix thrown in as well
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Oct 22, 2011 5:43 am

gomez1012 wrote:
Diego408 wrote:

he was talking major shit about Ward's win over Abraham being bad for boxing , boring style or some mess and I tweeted him calling him out on his BS so he blocked me

Kim was just speaking the truth, it's not like Ward is going to get anyone interested in boxing again.

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:00 am

Hagler's Bald Head wrote:
gomez1012 wrote:
Diego408 wrote:

Kim was just speaking the truth, it's not like Ward is going to get anyone interested in boxing again.

I don't get why people complain about a guy's style guy so damn much.

It isn't as if his victories are preventing fighters that can reach the masses from doing so.

There really isn't anyone at 168 that is going to grab people.

Bute has likely extended as far as he can with Canada. Abraham-same for Germany. Kessler-Denmark. Froch-UK.

It isn't as if any of these guys beating Ward would make them huge stars in the US or that much bigger in areas other than their homelands (or adopted homeland in the case of Bute).

These are all good but not amazing fighters.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:05 am

captain some good points.in reality there are as of now no one in boxing that is a possible sure thing to capture usa boxing fans .take pac and floyd out of the equation...kahn perhaps with a win over floyd.donaire perhaps also..the rest i just cant see.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:23 pm

Beating a dead horse here, but as I keep saying, you are not going to build big names on pay channels and PPVs.

Pac and Mayweather became big names by fighting Oscar. Oscar was a big name because he won Olympic Gold on national telivision, and his early fights were on national telivision.

Showtime puts on great fights, but they as limited as you can get as far as exposure. HBO a little better since they got more subscribers, but still limiting.

Imagine this. If Super-Six fights were on regular ESPN or shit CBS? You don't think Ward and Froch would be bigger names then they are now with that kind of exposure?
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:32 pm

Wards style may not be the most entertaining, but he never runs. He stands and fights, I really enjoy it. Hes just a slick guy, and hes just a very good inside and a mid-range fighter. He will get fights regardless of this style, if he happens to beat Froch he will face Bute. The Super Middleweight and Light HW division is going to get very interesting when B-Hop retires and the top Super Six guys and Bute move up. Ward, Froch, Kessler, Bute, Dirrell, Cloud, Pascal, Dawson and Cleverly will make great match ups against each other. Its a gold mine fellas.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:33 pm

GrantZilla wrote:Beating a dead horse here, but as I keep saying, you are not going to build big names on pay channels and PPVs.

Pac and Mayweather became big names by fighting Oscar. Oscar was a big name because he won Olympic Gold on national telivision, and his early fights were on national telivision.

Showtime puts on great fights, but they as limited as you can get as far as exposure. HBO a little better since they got more subscribers, but still limiting.

Imagine this. If Super-Six fights were on regular ESPN or shit CBS? You don't think Ward and Froch would be bigger names then they are now with that kind of exposure?

they would be bigger names, but they also aren't guys putting on scintillating performances that would catch the casual sports fan.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:42 pm

grant thoses are some good points but think about this for a second.when boxing had in the past its wensday and friday night fights and weekly yes fighters got good exposure but the talent level as well as the matchups were much better.also there were not that many people that had tvs.especialy in the early 50s yet boxing had big names.boxing also had its big names well before tv.louis dempsey even john l..there are enough folks with espn andyes pay cable chanels where friends can and do get together and watch a fight plus the advent of sports bars that do show fights.fighting twice a year is one good reason and poorer matchups overall are another..its not national cbs exposure preventing that and yes it can help no doubt.its a combination of things that are involved..
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Sat Oct 22, 2011 2:24 pm

captainanddew wrote:they would be bigger names, but they also aren't guys putting on scintillating performances that would catch the casual sports fan.

Froch would be a star for sure. He's got a big mouth, his fights are almost always entertaining, and he's got a hot woman with nasty mouth.

Froch just never been given the proper exosure. In his own country and in the US
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Sat Oct 22, 2011 2:28 pm

dmar, you can't look at the past like that. Sure, fighters were big names pre-TV. Even bigger names. Because people read newspapers and radio was TV of that time. Gates were also bigger because people didn't have option of sitting at home and watching fights on TV.

You are right that there were less options as far as channels when TV did come around. However, regular TV still get's the highest ratings today.

People outside hardcore fans don't watch FNF because FNF is budget and doesn't feature the big name match-ups. It also get's zero actual promotion for up coming match-ups and is religated to ESPN2 and often bumped around to accomidate such things as women's softball and ping-pong tournaments.

You also have to take into account the in network promotion. Think of this. UFC is now on FOX. You don't think you're going to see UFC adds for Saturday night fight on American Idol which is watched by 20 million people? Or other heavily watched FOX shows?

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Oct 22, 2011 3:28 pm

captainanddew wrote:
gomez1012 wrote:
Diego408 wrote:

It isn't as if his victories are preventing fighters that can reach the masses from doing so.

Bute has likely extended as far as he can with Canada. Abraham-same for Germany. Kessler-Denmark. Froch-UK.

It isn't as if any of these guys beating Ward would make them huge stars in the US or that much bigger in areas other than their homelands (or adopted homeland in the case of Bute).

Come on Captain, Ward's style isn't exactly exhilarating to watch. I respect Andre but he lacks the charisma and knockout power to ignite the masses. Mayweather plays the villain which lures the mob, Ward's SOG routine probably won't even get devout Christians tuning in.

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Sat Oct 22, 2011 4:22 pm

Ward unlike majority of fighters today can draw at home, regardless of style

As for the Abraham fight, actually was one of his better performances, less clinching and dont recall any headbutts

Keeps winning, facing the best, home venue he can draw at, its exactly what a fighter should be doing or looking to do

gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Sat Oct 22, 2011 4:51 pm

Im just gonna say it, Wards gonna whoop Froch's ass. I think only Bute has a chance of beating him right now. Even if hes style isnt appealing to all, its very affective and he'll continue to be televised fight after fight against the very best in the world.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:28 am

Ward is just like Chad Dawson minus the bad attitude and lisp.

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:01 am

captainanddew wrote:
gomez1012 wrote:
Diego408 wrote:

Come on Captain, Ward's style isn't exactly exhilarating to watch. I respect Andre but he lacks the charisma and knockout power to ignite the masses. Mayweather plays the villain which lures the mob, Ward's SOG routine probably won't even get devout Christians tuning in.

Ward does nothing for casual sports fans. I find him boring as hell. But what I'm tired of is boxing fans complaining when the guys he is fighting aren't going to become bigger names if they win. They are all guys who have hit their popularity ceilings because they aren't american fighters. NO offense but that is a fact.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:11 am

Ward is rather boring. He only appeals to boxing purists and he even bores some of us. There is no one at 168 who is going to be a worldwide superstar (or even one in the US) and if Ward ends up as the last one standing in the division, he won't be preventing someone else from becoming a mega star:
1-Bute-never going to be a US star as can't speak English. Style can be measured at times. He is a star in Canada only. Not even included in the damn tournament to boot.
2-Kessler-He is near the end of his career and from Denmark. Not exactly a recipe for American stardom.
3-Abraham-a guy with no charisma outside the ring who doesn't speak good English and really isn't that good a fighter. It wasn't the fighting against bigger guys that really showed his flaws, rather the fighting against better guys that showed them.
4-Jermaine Taylor-A guy who wasn't a big draw and at the very end of his career.
5-Froch-I love Froch but he is 33 and he isn't a huge draw in the UK, much less able to excite casual sports fans in the US.

168 is a division with alot of good names. Guys that boxing fans like us want to see matched against the other top guys. But no one who was going to excite casual boxing fans.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:18 am

captain i agree.in reality theres no one that i feel is a possible superstar with mega popularity no matter what exposure they get and yes the internet alone along with youtube gives fighters more potential exposure then ever before.there are 3 potentials though ..donaire providing hes active .today thats 4 or 5 fights a year.gamboa and kahn especialy if he beats floyd big..all have to be active though as defined previously and fight top oposition..then a maybe for sure.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down