The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fights that should happen but wont

+2
dmar5143
Soonermark890
6 posters

Go down

Fights that should happen but wont Empty Fights that should happen but wont

Post  Soonermark890 Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:10 am

ok here is a list of fights that should happen within the next 6 months but won't for what ever reason. I tried to stay away from the obvious.

1. Sergio vs Bhop- I love the idea of this fight. The amazingly talented Sergio vs the supremely ring smart bhop. The style matchup makes me think that it would be a great fight.

2. Gamboa vs john/Donaire- really either of these should happen but they won't. I know nonito is two weight classes behind gamboa but its only 8 pounds. That fight could easily take place.

3. K9 vs canelo- really lets see these two in the ring. Its a great test for Capello and k9 has a belt. Also it would be a great all action fight. But k9 might be too dangerous and not provide enough money.

4. Cloud vs bhop- I really don't think hop has a chance against this kid and I don't see him taking the chance.

what did I miss?
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Fights that should happen but wont Empty Re: Fights that should happen but wont

Post  Guest Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:13 am

Donaire vs. Gamboa will happen next year as long as both continue to win, they're both promoted by Top Rank and I see no reason why that fight won't happen.

Cloud vs. Hopkins can happen, the trouble is Don King is an extremely greedy difficult promoter to work with. HBO are the key to making that fight happen.

Martinez vs. Hopkins SHOULD NOT HAPPEN !!!!!!! Martinez is way too small to be fighting a full grown Light Heavyweight.

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:18 am

i agree with hagler..donaire weighted 134 his last fight gamboa 138..there the same size.that woul;d be a fantastic fight that will happen.martinezshould stay where he is.kirkland angulo chavez jr alvarez etc etc are potential good paydays.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:25 am

dmar5143 wrote:i agree with hagler..donaire weighted 134 his last fight gamboa 138..there the same size.that woul;d be a fantastic fight that will happen.martinezshould stay where he is.kirkland angulo chavez jr alvarez etc etc are potential good paydays.
hagler is Ali just to let you know dmar. But yeah that fight should happen but it just seems donaire has issues with actually getting in the ring that's why I put that fightbon the list. Of coarse I hope I am wrong.

I might be the only one who wants to see bhop vs Sergio. I really think they could fight at a catch weight. Its not like hop hasnt fought at middle before.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:53 am

Soonermark890 wrote:
dmar5143 wrote:i agree with hagler..donaire weighted 134 his last fight gamboa 138..there the same size.that woul;d be a fantastic fight that will happen.martinezshould stay where he is.kirkland angulo chavez jr alvarez etc etc are potential good paydays.
hagler is Ali just to let you know dmar. But yeah that fight should happen but it just seems donaire has issues with actually getting in the ring that's why I put that fightbon the list. Of coarse I hope I am wrong.

I might be the only one who wants to see bhop vs Sergio. I really think they could fight at a catch weight. Its not like hop hasnt fought at middle before.

He hasn't fought there in six years. He's too big for Martinez who is a relatively small Middleweight. What would the fight do for either fighter? Calzaghe beat Hopkins with speed and work rate ( Which Martinez would have to utilize in order to win this fight) and it really did nothing for his career, it only led to detractors negatively expounding on Hopkins age. If Hopkins wins the fight it would only lead to people saying once again he's beaten a smaller man (De La Hoya, Tito, Wright etc). The fight doesn't make sense. Martinez should fight Lee next or in two fights, both guys are DiBella fighters so it's an easy match to make.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:02 pm

hardcorebee24 wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:

He hasn't fought there in six years. He's too big for Martinez who is a relatively small Middleweight. What would the fight do for either fighter? Calzaghe beat Hopkins with speed and work rate ( Which Martinez would have to utilize in order to win this fight) and it really did nothing for his career, it only led to detractors negatively expounding on Hopkins age. If Hopkins wins the fight it would only lead to people saying once again he's beaten a smaller man (De La Hoya, Tito, Wright etc). The fight doesn't make sense. Martinez should fight Lee next or in two fights, both guys are DiBella fighters so it's an easy match to make.
lol I am on an island on this one. I just see no one else that can even give him a challenge. Lee would get murdered. I guess he could clean out the division but those fights are not as intriguing as two ring champs fighting at a catchweight.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:11 pm

Soonermark890 wrote:
hardcorebee24 wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:

lol I am on an island on this one. I just see no one else that can even give him a challenge. Lee would get murdered. I guess he could clean out the division but those fights are not as intriguing as two ring champs fighting at a catchweight.

It is what it is, middleweight is a slow division right now. The king of the division started out as a welterweight and is now fighting comfortable at middle. Barker put up a better fight against Martinez than we all thought and he might be able to claw his way into the top ten. Martinez should and could fight any top ten opponent and it would be sufficient so long he fights frequently. Lee, Geale, Rubio, Golovkin, Pirog, Chavez Jr. and Sturm are all there to challenge the king. If he fights 7 more times against this opposition over the course of 2.5 years I would bet he cements a legacy as one of the best fighters of the decade along with Pac and Mayweather. Middleweight is where he should stay and where he can defend, there are plenty of opponents. Bernard hung out there for ten years and beat 20 contenders.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:39 pm

hardcorebee24 wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:
hardcorebee24 wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:

It is what it is, middleweight is a slow division right now. The king of the division started out as a welterweight and is now fighting comfortable at middle. Barker put up a better fight against Martinez than we all thought and he might be able to claw his way into the top ten. Martinez should and could fight any top ten opponent and it would be sufficient so long he fights frequently. Lee, Geale, Rubio, Golovkin, Pirog, Chavez Jr. and Sturm are all there to challenge the king. If he fights 7 more times against this opposition over the course of 2.5 years I would bet he cements a legacy as one of the best fighters of the decade along with Pac and Mayweather. Middleweight is where he should stay and where he can defend, there are plenty of opponents. Bernard hung out there for ten years and beat 20 contenders.
but Bernard had a lot of great opponents. Sergio doesn't. But I agree with you that if he fights and wins against 7 or 8 top guys he will cement his legacy.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:53 pm

hardcore good thoughts..the window i feel is closing for sergio and seven fights may be beyound that window.3 or 4 i think is within reach and yes stay at middle and do not go up or even lower that 155 if floyd says ok which is highly unlikely.
martinez is a credit to the game.that in itself is a wonderfull legacy.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:03 pm

Soonermark890 wrote:
hardcorebee24 wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:
hardcorebee24 wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:

but Bernard had a lot of great opponents. Sergio doesn't. But I agree with you that if he fights and wins against 7 or 8 top guys he will cement his legacy.

Pre Tinidad:

Segundo Mercado to win the belt.
Defenses:

Steve Frank
Joe Lipsey
Willie Bo James
John David Jackson
Glen Johnson
Andrew Council
Simon Brown
Robert Allenx2
Antuwon Echolsx2
Keith Holmes

For the most part ranked guys that challenged and failed. Bernard took on who was there and beat them all. 12 fights and 11 victories 1 no contest. There is plenty of competition at middleweight for Martinez. He can be a great middleweight if he fights. I already named roughly seven guys that would fight him right now, he should start making those fights instead of chasing Pac and Floyd. If he fights even thee of the seven and wins he will get the payday he deserves and is seeking.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:06 pm

what are some other fights?
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:09 pm

dmar5143 wrote:hardcore good thoughts..the window i feel is closing for sergio and seven fights may be beyound that window.3 or 4 i think is within reach and yes stay at middle and do not go up or even lower that 155 if floyd says ok which is highly unlikely.
martinez is a credit to the game.that in itself is a wonderfull legacy.

By today's standards sure. He could theoretically fight 5 more times against the opposition I named. Floyd will not fight Sergio. I can't see Floyd taking the risk. He's too big for Pacquiao as well. The scenario I laid out is the one I would take if I was in his position. Hit the road and garner fans and endorsements. He has the style,personality and looks to be a world wide name (Spanish is a common language spoken on three continents). The key to this is fighting the fights plain and simple.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:12 pm

hardcorebee24 wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:
hardcorebee24 wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:
hardcorebee24 wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:

Pre Tinidad:

Segundo Mercado to win the belt.
Defenses:

Steve Frank
Joe Lipsey
Willie Bo James
John David Jackson
Glen Johnson
Andrew Council
Simon Brown
Robert Allenx2
Antuwon Echolsx2
Keith Holmes

For the most part ranked guys that challenged and failed. Bernard took on who was there and beat them all. 12 fights and 11 victories 1 no contest. There is plenty of competition at middleweight for Martinez. He can be a great middleweight if he fights. I already named roughly seven guys that would fight him right now, he should start making those fights instead of chasing Pac and Floyd. If he fights even thee of the seven and wins he will get the payday he deserves and is seeking.
you both make great points. I keep forgetting how old he is. It just seems like he has not lost a step which is amazing. But he does need to stay away from the lower weight classes. I also don't want him to move up either unless its a catchweight against bhop. Bhop is not a power puncher and won't hurt him. The other guys would hurt Sergio they are way to big. I really hope he gets a career payday soon he deserves it.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:13 pm

hardcore good points.sergio has a lot of desireable qualitys..sooner outside of the fights hardcore mentioned a alvarez fight would be huge and the winner of the angulo-kirkland fight will draw some big excitement.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:15 pm

dmar5143 wrote:hardcore good points.sergio has a lot of desireable qualitys..sooner outside of the fights hardcore mentioned a alvarez fight would be huge and the winner of the angulo-kirkland fight will draw some big excitement.
damn I forgot about the angulo-Kirkland fight. He should fight that winner.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:18 pm

Soonermark890 wrote:what are some other fights?

Those are all of his IBF and Ring defenses Pre Tito (When he Unified the Division). After that he fought (in order) Carl Daniels (IBF #1), Morrade Hakkar (WBC #1), Joppy (WBA #1), Robert Allen (IBF #1) and finally De La Hoya at 158 for his three titles and De La Hoya's WBO. He then defended all four titles against Howard Eastman (#1 WBC). Two huge paydays and seven fights against ranked oppositions. The resume of an all time great. This is the path Martinez must take. Two albeit smaller Hall of Famers but defenses against 5 hungry top contenders.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:24 pm

dmar5143 wrote:hardcore good points.sergio has a lot of desireable qualitys..sooner outside of the fights hardcore mentioned a alvarez fight would be huge and the winner of the angulo-kirkland fight will draw some big excitement.

That would be great if either are willing to move up to Middleweight. I would take Martinez in either fight.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:26 pm

hardcorebee24 wrote:

Those are all of his IBF and Ring defenses Pre Tito (When he Unified the Division). After that he fought (in order) Carl Daniels (IBF #1), Morrade Hakkar (WBC #1), Joppy (WBA #1), Robert Allen (IBF #1) and finally De La Hoya at 158 for his three titles and De La Hoya's WBO. He then defended all four titles against Howard Eastman (#1 WBC). Two huge paydays and seven fights against ranked oppositions. The resume of an all time great. This is the path Martinez must take. Two albeit smaller Hall of Famers but defenses against 5 hungry top contenders.
lol no not bhop the original topic. But yes I agree.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:58 pm

Cloud and any top ten 175 lber.

Martinez and Sturm

Canelo and Angulo

Wlad and Vitali

Adamek and Haye (Because Haye is a Bitch)

Kessler and Bute

Khan and Prescott

Zab and Malignaggi (To be held at the American Legion Post on 9th street with a free buffet)

hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:19 pm

How about Wladamir vs. Vitali?

Frank

Back to top Go down

Post  UBeeg9cats Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:50 pm

I will go with:
Helenius vs Povetkin
Tarver vs Huck
Cloud vs Erdei
Golovkin vs Geale
Cotto vs Canelo
there may be one at welter I'm forgetting...
Rios or Matthysse vs Maidana
Gamboa vs John
Donaire vs Rigondeaux might have a small chance of happening
Wonjongkam vs Segura
Segura vs Gonzalez

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:09 pm

hardcorebee24 wrote:

Cloud and any top ten 175 lber.

Martinez and Sturm

Canelo and Angulo

Wlad and Vitali

Adamek and Haye (Because Haye is a Bitch)

Kessler and Bute

Khan and Prescott

Zab and Malignaggi (To be held at the American Legion Post on 9th street with a free buffet)

LMFAO
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:11 pm

UBeeg9cats wrote:I will go with:
Helenius vs Povetkin
Tarver vs Huck
Cloud vs Erdei
Golovkin vs Geale
Cotto vs Canelo
there may be one at welter I'm forgetting...
Rios or Matthysse vs Maidana
Gamboa vs John
Donaire vs Rigondeaux might have a small chance of happening
Wonjongkam vs Segura
Segura vs Gonzalez
I didnt even think of that one being an option. But hell yes that should happen. It would show if Helenius would even have a shot at the Klits.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:07 am

Some that haven't been mentioned:

Ortiz v. Maidana II (Ortiz will price himself out)
Ortiz v. Berto II (Berto will price himself out)
Bradley v. Khan (Bradley has already priced himself out)
Bum Jr. v. Martinez (fear)
Pavlik v. anyone legit at 168 (fear and alcohol)
Juanma v. Gamboa (Bob Arum)
Cotto v. Canelo (this one might happen and makes sense but I just have a gut feeling it won't)
Dzinziruk v. anyone legit at 154 (HBO)
Lara v. Molina II (Lara will price himself out)
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down