The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Quinton "Rampage" Jackson Going to Boxing

+6
flapanther2001
nano212
GrantZilla
gomez1012
NJBeatdown86
Shaun
10 posters

Go down

Quinton "Rampage" Jackson Going to Boxing Empty Quinton "Rampage" Jackson Going to Boxing

Post  Shaun Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:44 am

Shaun
Shaun

Back to top Go down

Quinton "Rampage" Jackson Going to Boxing Empty Re: Quinton "Rampage" Jackson Going to Boxing

Post  NJBeatdown86 Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:49 am

It will be just like his MMA fights, he'll stand around with an angry grimace and keep getting hit, just much harder this time.
NJBeatdown86
NJBeatdown86

Back to top Go down

Quinton "Rampage" Jackson Going to Boxing Empty Re: Quinton "Rampage" Jackson Going to Boxing

Post  gomez1012 Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:47 am

Kimbo vs Rampage coming soon!!!
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:54 pm

gomez1012 wrote:Kimbo vs Rampage coming soon!!!

To a Circus near you. Contact Ringling Brothers for tickets.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  nano212 Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:42 pm

GrantZilla wrote:
gomez1012 wrote:Kimbo vs Rampage coming soon!!!

To a Circus near you. Contact Ringling Brothers for tickets.

Or Gary Shaw
nano212
nano212

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:46 pm

As if.....
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:46 pm

Gary's got his tracksuit ready

Quinton "Rampage" Jackson Going to Boxing Wda0383l
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:57 pm

Jon Jones really beat him senseless. If anything he should just go to another company. He has no idea what he's getting self into.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  shakefree Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:25 pm

"Jon Jones really beat him senseless. If anything he should just go to another company. He has no idea what he's getting self into."
not sure he had much sense to be beaten out of him to start with.if he had any,i'm guessing it was his ability to tie his own laces,learnt at 16.he really is the charicature of a"meathead" lol!

shakefree

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:06 pm

Gumby wrote:Jon Jones really beat him senseless. If anything he should just go to another company. He has no idea what he's getting self into.

No, Jones fought scared as fuck against Rampage. Shit, he even admitted it in the post conference

"there were a lot of times where Rampage swung at me, and, instead of defending technically, I kind of ran like a little girl.”

This is likely why Jackson is frusterated and saying this shit.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:06 am

TOKYO - Quinton ‘Rampage’ Jackson is done with mixed martial arts

“Honestly, I am tired of fighting a bunch of wrestlers,” said the 32-9 Memphis-born fighter.

“They want to take me down, and I want to fight more striking. That’s why I say I want to go into boxing and try it out.

“I’m getting kind of bored with fighting guys who want to take me down all the time.”

“I want to try boxing. I’ve done wrestling. I’ve done jiu-jitsu tournaments. I’ve done muay thai. I’ve done kickboxing. And I’ve done MMA. But I haven’t done boxing yet,” said Jackson, who has also tried his hand at acting as one of the characters on The A-Team movie.

He says the fear of losing is making UFC fighters boring.

“I just have to be real. You lose two fights in a row, and they can fire you. If I lose this fight, I can be canned. It’s in my contract,” Jackson said. “I don’t care about that, but some people do care about that. I can’t watch fighters that fight boring just to win. I can’t do it. People who come to fight and put on a fight, that’s who I want to fight.”

Jackson also says he’s tired of the criticism and blames UFC colour analyst Joe Rogan for planting the seed that he is nothing more than a puncher.

“I know people are all listening to Joe Rogan. They’re saying I’m one-dimensional now because I try to knock people out. But I like knocking people out,” Jackson said.

“It is what it is. I don’t care what the fans say that I’m one-dimensional. I don’t think people pay to watch Rampage try to submit people.”

http://tinyurl.com/6uuzwjl
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  hillsicc303 Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:16 am

Rampage wants to get paid. It's hard for Top level MMA fighters to make a living off of the scraps Dana pays them, let alone somebody who has fallen below that level. Boxing is where the money is, you can be a contending boxer and make a good living, and make more than top level MMA guys.

But this is one thing that has always puzzled me: I just don't understand why guys don't go where the money is. If you're an aspiring fighter, wouldn't you choose the more lucrative sport? Nothing against guys who choose to go the MMA route, but it's a far tougher road(financially), even if you are a top level guy...

hillsicc303

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:39 am

hillsicc303 wrote:But this is one thing that has always puzzled me: I just don't understand why guys don't go where the money is. If you're an aspiring fighter, wouldn't you choose the more lucrative sport? Nothing against guys who choose to go the MMA route, but it's a far tougher road(financially), even if you are a top level guy...

Most MMA guys I'd image are wreslters that started out in school. So naturally they'd go to the sport that caters to what they've been doing.

These MMA guys like Diaz and Rampage that think they will make money if they hop over to boxing are not in reality. They will only make good money if they fight a name opponent on a big network like Showtime or HBO. That will not happen. At best, they'll fight cans like Kimbo been doing, making chump change. Maybe get a fight against some C-level guy on FNF, which doesn't pay well. And that'll be it.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:53 am

Say what you want about Rampage but I enjoyed The A-Team, he could make the transition to acting.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tobe Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:32 pm

You know what - good for him. He has tried a lot of other combat sports and if he wants to test himself in boxing, go for it. He's too old to actually do anything in the sport, but it could be fun to watch. He's a genuinely tough-guy, and he could get matched with some guys well enough to produce some entertaining FNF-level action fights.

And BTW he was fucking terrible in A-Team. But so was everyone else...
Tobe
Tobe

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:36 pm

Tobe wrote:You know what - good for him. He has tried a lot of other combat sports and if he wants to test himself in boxing, go for it. He's too old to actually do anything in the sport, but it could be fun to watch. He's a genuinely tough-guy, and he could get matched with some guys well enough to produce some entertaining FNF-level action fights.

How dare you, Shartlo Copley was hilarious as Murdock.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tobe Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:38 pm

Hagler's Bald Head wrote:
Tobe wrote:You know what - good for him. He has tried a lot of other combat sports and if he wants to test himself in boxing, go for it. He's too old to actually do anything in the sport, but it could be fun to watch. He's a genuinely tough-guy, and he could get matched with some guys well enough to produce some entertaining FNF-level action fights.

Man that whole movie was a trainwreck. And I used to like the show back in the 80s.

Remakes = Evil or Very Mad
Tobe
Tobe

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:46 pm

Tobe wrote:
Hagler's Bald Head wrote:

Man that whole movie was a trainwreck. And I used to like the show back in the 80s.

Remakes = Evil or Very Mad

I really enjoyed it, only the part at the end with the exploding crates bugged me.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down