The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Win, Lose or Draw Quinton ‘Rampage’ Jackson Wants to Fight on the UFC Japan Card

Go down

Win, Lose or Draw Quinton ‘Rampage’ Jackson Wants to Fight on the UFC Japan Card Empty Win, Lose or Draw Quinton ‘Rampage’ Jackson Wants to Fight on the UFC Japan Card

Post  freakzilla Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:00 am

http://mmaweekly.com/win-lose-or-draw-quinton-rampage-jackson-wants-to-fight-on-the-ufc-japan-card

Quinton ‘Rampage’ Jackson wants to return to the ‘Land of the Rising Sun’.

The former UFC light heavyweight champion who spent the majority of the years between 2001 and 2006 fighting in Japan is hopeful to return when the UFC lands there in Feb 2012.

Jackson spent the majority of his fight career in Japan while competing for Pride Fighting Championships until the organization underwent financial struggles a few years back.

Now with Jackson’s new employers set to return to Japan for the first time in over a decade, he’s ready to go back to his old stomping grounds.

“Honestly, win or lose this fight I still want to fight in Japan,” Jackson told MMAWeekly Radio. “I love Japanese fans, they know how to respect a fighter and they know what’s up. Win or lose this fight I would like to be on the Japan show.”

Jackson had some of his most memorable moments in Japan including his first victory over former UFC light heavyweight champion Chuck Liddell during the Pride middleweight Grand Prix in 2003.

The Memphis native also started his legendary feud with former Pride champion Wanderlei Silva while the two were competing in Pride. The 2nd fight between Jackson and Silva is still regarded as one of the best fights in MMA history.

While Jackson’s main focus is on reclaiming the UFC light heavyweight title when he faces champion Jon Jones at UFC 135, nothing would make him happier than a return trip to Japan next year.

“I love Japan, I miss the Japanese fans,” Jackson stated. “I would love to go and put a show on in front of them.”

If Jackson is able to dethrone Jones a title defense in Japan against a fellow Pride legend such as Mauricio ‘Shogun’ Rua could be just want the doctor ordered.

First things first however is Jackson trying to take out Jon Jones next weekend in Denver.
freakzilla
freakzilla

Back to top Go down