The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

hey diego careful what you wish for, rios vs gamboa?

+8
SlickMoney
gomez1012
jz_hova
powerpuncher
GrantZilla
NJBeatdown86
Diego408
Rum Capital
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

hey diego careful what you wish for, rios vs gamboa? Empty hey diego careful what you wish for, rios vs gamboa?

Post  Rum Capital Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:23 pm

http://onthebeak.com/2011/09/27/rios-to-prolong-lightweight-stay-hopes-to-take-on-gamboa-112/
Regular WBA lightweight world titlist Brandon Rios has been contemplating a move to super lightweight in 2012, however, upon learning that Cuban sensation Yuriorkis Gamboa was making a permanent egress from featherweight, the Oxnard slugger has vowed to continue operating at 135lbs in the hope that a super fight with the former unified 126lb star champion could materialise.

Rum Capital
Rum Capital

Back to top Go down

hey diego careful what you wish for, rios vs gamboa? Empty Re: hey diego careful what you wish for, rios vs gamboa?

Post  Diego408 Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:02 pm

This made me smile hahaha Gamboa will beat Rios.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

hey diego careful what you wish for, rios vs gamboa? Empty Re: hey diego careful what you wish for, rios vs gamboa?

Post  NJBeatdown86 Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:22 pm

Gamboa is waaaay to small for Rios, I don't see Rios lasting much longer at 135, he'll probably move up to 140 soon and get what's left of JMM after Pac destroys him.
NJBeatdown86
NJBeatdown86

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:21 pm

Arum will never match him with Rios. No fucking way. It's as likely as Arum matching Bum Jr against Martinez
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:05 am

rios would be way too big for gamboa. he would eventually get to him and KO him. gamboa is a better fighter but too small for a beast like rios.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  jz_hova Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:50 am

Diego408 wrote:This made me smile hahaha Gamboa will beat Rios.

plus 1
jz_hova
jz_hova

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:36 am

Gamboa gets walked down and stopped

He wouldnt trade with Ponce De Leon
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Rum Capital Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:10 pm

jz_hova wrote:

plus 1
dear god one month avatar bet against the both of you if the fight gets made.
Rum Capital
Rum Capital

Back to top Go down

Post  SlickMoney Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:52 pm

Rios would destroy Gamboa. Way too big with too much pressure.
SlickMoney
SlickMoney

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:13 pm

Rum Capital wrote:
jz_hova wrote:

plus 1
Get at me with an odd and I will be down.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:19 pm

gamboa would definitely need time to grow into a lightweight before even contemplating taking this fight. i don't see why Arum would want to jeopardise what should be a solid career for Gamboa by putting him in againsty a monster sized lightweight like Rios. total size mismatch

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:22 pm

dbudge wrote:gamboa would definitely need time to grow into a lightweight before even contemplating taking this fight. i don't see why Arum would want to jeopardise what should be a solid career for Gamboa by putting him in againsty a monster sized lightweight like Rios. total size mismatch

Gamboa is 29 and not a draw what so ever.

Old and not a fighter that draws much interest with little competition at the lower weight classes

Im sure both sides want to make big fights and $$$$ ASAP
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  SlickMoney Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:25 pm

How much is Gamboa making now? A Rios fight wont get him that much more. Not worth the risk in my opinion. He can maybe fight Donaire then move up to 130 for Broner. There's always a fight with JuanMa too.
SlickMoney
SlickMoney

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:29 pm

gomez1012 wrote:
dbudge wrote:gamboa would definitely need time to grow into a lightweight before even contemplating taking this fight. i don't see why Arum would want to jeopardise what should be a solid career for Gamboa by putting him in againsty a monster sized lightweight like Rios. total size mismatch

Gamboa is 29 and not a draw what so ever.

Old and not a fighter that draws much interest with little competition at the lower weight classes

Im sure both sides want to make big fights and $$$$ ASAP

a fight with rios isn't going to bring him huge money anyway. Gamboa's career would be more successful campaigning at 126 and 130 than trying to make a quick $ fighting Rios. Gamboa looks shit hot at featherweight at the moment, Lopez is still there with the PR fanbase and i can't see anybody in the division beating him for a while. 29 or not he still has a few years left at the top of the pile in the 126lb division

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:09 pm

More $$$ than anything at 126 or 130

I doubt Nonito fights him any time soon
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:04 pm

Arum won't make it happen. He'll do his "the fight needs to marinate" stall tactic. Or he'll just say, "I don't give a fuck what fans want," which pretty much what he said about Gamboa-Lopez
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:59 pm

LOL.....Gamboa is not even a big featherweight and Rios is a huge lightweight. This fight makes no sense whatsoever. If.....IF it happens, I'll give 6-1 odds on any avatar bet.
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:37 pm

Before this fight happens I need to see the Gamboa Darling Jimenez rematch to see if Gamboa is ready.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  Rum Capital Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:59 pm

Diego408 wrote:
Rum Capital wrote:
jz_hova wrote:

plus 1
wow bro wtf, an odd??? Suspect
not too confident are you?
Rum Capital
Rum Capital

Back to top Go down

Post  Rum Capital Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:04 pm

Rum Capital
Rum Capital

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:07 pm

Rum Capital wrote:
Diego408 wrote:
Rum Capital wrote:
jz_hova wrote:

plus 1
WTF Im condifent, but the odd is the fun about it. Why are you scared? you dont have to kneel on a forum homie.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  Rum Capital Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:12 pm

Diego408 wrote:
Rum Capital wrote:
Diego408 wrote:
Rum Capital wrote:
jz_hova wrote:

plus 1
WTF Im condifent, but the odd is the fun about it. Why are you scared? you dont have to kneel on a forum homie.
who the fuck uses odds to bet on an....AVATAR!!!!!! you have completely surpassed the gay meter on this one. motherfucker is easy your guy wins i have to use the avatar to your liking for a month. i get it that you shave your eyebrows and all but this is dlh gay status you are lurking on.
lol! odds on an avatar bet lmaoooooooooooooo wow
Rum Capital
Rum Capital

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:15 pm

Rum Capital wrote:
Diego408 wrote:
Rum Capital wrote:
Diego408 wrote:
Rum Capital wrote:
jz_hova wrote:

plus 1
who the fuck uses odds to bet on an....AVATAR!!!!!! you have completely surpassed the gay meter on this one. motherfucker is easy your guy wins i have to use the avatar to your liking for a month. i get it that you shave your eyebrows and all but this is dlh gay status you are lurking on.
Well I was talking about Cash, but a plain avatar bet is just pussy shit.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  Rum Capital Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:18 pm

Diego408 wrote:
Rum Capital wrote:
Diego408 wrote:
Rum Capital wrote:
Diego408 wrote:
Rum Capital wrote:
jz_hova wrote:

plus 1
smh ok you chikened out. ok hova are you down or are you going to run like your hero did against trinidad?
Rum Capital
Rum Capital

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:22 pm

Rum Capital wrote:
Diego408 wrote:
Rum Capital wrote:
Diego408 wrote:
Rum Capital wrote:
Diego408 wrote:
Rum Capital wrote:
jz_hova wrote:

plus 1
smh ok you chikened out. ok hova are you down or are you going to run like your hero did against trinidad?
Oh nothing in my posts said i backed away, but I'll take any silly bet you want as youre too scared to bet at an odd. If an avatar Bet is want you want, I guess I'll take it.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next