The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why is it so hard for the Klits to get a fight?

+2
Tobe
Soonermark890
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Why is it so hard for the Klits to get a fight? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why is it so hard for the Klits to get a fight?

Post  captainanddew Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:00 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:
captainanddew wrote:best chance against Vitali is to wait and hope his body betrays him.

best chance against Wlad? You have to hit him with a damn shot. Haye has enough speed that maybe he could land something big early(I don't think he has the guts to get in there with him and if he does I think he runs). T
That is about all you have at this point. He doesn't gas out anymore. He catches punches much better. He has perfected the tie up on the inside (steward is awesome at teaching that). He isn't calm in the ring, but he isn't a deer in the headlights when you hit him.

In an interview last week Steward basically said he thouight Wlad was now technically proficient enough to basically not get hit by the guys out there. Sounds to me like he'd agree with you as well.

Opponents come out so slow against him. You can't be timid. He hasn't struggled in about 4.5-5 years but when he was struggling what was the constant? Someone landing a shot early. Sanders, Brewster, heck even Sam Peter.

When he does get hit now, he doesn't get the deer in the headlights look as he has built up confidence during the fight.

If you wait until the 4th round to land anything decent, then that big SOB has gotten comfortable enough that he'll take it well, stay calm, and then go back to jabbing your ass to death.

If you land a bomb in the first round or two, then maybe somewhere deep in the recesses of his mind he'll go back to freaking out. You have to do something to get his anxiety level high early. If you don't, you might as well not show up.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Why is it so hard for the Klits to get a fight? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why is it so hard for the Klits to get a fight?

Post  Guest Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:36 pm

captainanddew wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
captainanddew wrote:best chance against Vitali is to wait and hope his body betrays him.

best chance against Wlad? You have to hit him with a damn shot. Haye has enough speed that maybe he could land something big early(I don't think he has the guts to get in there with him and if he does I think he runs). T
That is about all you have at this point. He doesn't gas out anymore. He catches punches much better. He has perfected the tie up on the inside (steward is awesome at teaching that). He isn't calm in the ring, but he isn't a deer in the headlights when you hit him.

In an interview last week Steward basically said he thouight Wlad was now technically proficient enough to basically not get hit by the guys out there. Sounds to me like he'd agree with you as well.

Opponents come out so slow against him. You can't be timid. He hasn't struggled in about 4.5-5 years but when he was struggling what was the constant? Someone landing a shot early. Sanders, Brewster, heck even Sam Peter.

When he does get hit now, he doesn't get the deer in the headlights look as he has built up confidence during the fight.

If you wait until the 4th round to land anything decent, then that big SOB has gotten comfortable enough that he'll take it well, stay calm, and then go back to jabbing your ass to death.

If you land a bomb in the first round or two, then maybe somewhere deep in the recesses of his mind he'll go back to freaking out. You have to do something to get his anxiety level high early. If you don't, you might as well not show up.

Jack Loew is on your other line. He wants to know if you'd teach him a few things Wink

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2