The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why is it so hard for the Klits to get a fight?

+2
Tobe
Soonermark890
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Why is it so hard for the Klits to get a fight? Empty Why is it so hard for the Klits to get a fight?

Post  Soonermark890 Sat Oct 23, 2010 12:13 pm

I dont get it. People are running scared of these guys. Is it not a big payday and a huge opportunity? What is going on? Also has this ever happened before to any champ. Usually guys are trying to chase the champ down. Right now the Champ is trying to chase anyone down.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Why is it so hard for the Klits to get a fight? Empty Re: Why is it so hard for the Klits to get a fight?

Post  Guest Sat Oct 23, 2010 12:24 pm

most of the heavies except valuez haye and potevkin will fight the K brothers..unfortuntly thoses 3 outside adamek are the best out there..its not that they go wanting for a fight its thoses 3 that WONT fight them for reasons you gave..martinez was the real champ who had to beg for a fight against top oposition..angulo said no.pavik did also and williams almost said no..i do agree both brothers begged haye and valuez..

Back to top Go down

Why is it so hard for the Klits to get a fight? Empty Re: Why is it so hard for the Klits to get a fight?

Post  Soonermark890 Sat Oct 23, 2010 12:26 pm

dmar5143 wrote:most of the heavies except valuez haye and potevkin will fight the K brothers..unfortuntly thoses 3 outside adamek are the best out there..its not that they go wanting for a fight its thoses 3 that WONT fight them for reasons you gave..martinez was the real champ who had to beg for a fight against top oposition..angulo said no.pavik did also and williams almost said no..i do agree both brothers begged haye and valuez..
What has caused this? Straps?
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Tobe Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:09 pm

Soonermark890 wrote:
dmar5143 wrote:most of the heavies except valuez haye and potevkin will fight the K brothers..unfortuntly thoses 3 outside adamek are the best out there..its not that they go wanting for a fight its thoses 3 that WONT fight them for reasons you gave..martinez was the real champ who had to beg for a fight against top oposition..angulo said no.pavik did also and williams almost said no..i do agree both brothers begged haye and valuez..

I think it has more to do with these guys being Super-Heavyweights and there just aren't that many guys with the size to compete with them. Make them 6'2 and 220 with the same skills and I don't see them getting ducked this way at all.
Tobe
Tobe

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:16 pm

Tobe wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:

I think it has more to do with these guys being Super-Heavyweights and there just aren't that many guys with the size to compete with them. Make them 6'2 and 220 with the same skills and I don't see them getting ducked this way at all.
Yeah but still if its you or me we would jump in that ring in a heartbeat. Why give up that huge payday?
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:32 pm

I read something interesting today in relation to contracts and the Klits. If you beat one of the brothers, you're obligated to give him an immediate rematch. If you happen to win that, you must fight the other brother. Granted, if I was David Haye, I'd take it. He'd just have to devote a year in his life to beating the shit out of the Klits. Could he or any other active fighter do it? Probably not. Vitali looked good in his last outing and showed no signs of a shot fighter. Wlad seems to be in his prime and a dangerous prime it is (considering the competition in the HW division.). Nevertheless, the outing of the Klit contracts have given Haye a way out in the minds of his fans.

Frank

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:34 pm

Frank wrote:I read something interesting today in relation to contracts and the Klits. If you beat one of the brothers, you're obligated to give him an immediate rematch. If you happen to win that, you must fight the other brother. Granted, if I was David Haye, I'd take it. He'd just have to devote a year in his life to beating the shit out of the Klits. Could he or any other active fighter do it? Probably not. Vitali looked good in his last outing and showed no signs of a shot fighter. Wlad seems to be in his prime and a dangerous prime it is (considering the competition in the HW division.). Nevertheless, the outing of the Klit contracts have given Haye a way out in the minds of his fans.
See that sounds like a dream situation if you are a contender. You get 3 huge paydays and you are now the ring champ. Come on if you turn that down something is wrong with you.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:34 pm

Oh and Frank how have you been?
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:42 pm

sooner yes i feel somewhat the same.2 or 3 great paydays that the fans would aprove of ..id advise my fighter to go for it and negotiate in the contract if he wins the first fight he gets 55 percent of the rematch money.

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:55 pm

dmar5143 wrote:sooner yes i feel somewhat the same.2 or 3 great paydays that the fans would aprove of ..id advise my fighter to go for it and negotiate in the contract if he wins the first fight he gets 55 percent of the rematch money.
I think the Klits would go for that in a second.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Oct 23, 2010 2:01 pm

i agree.i think the brothers will do anything in reason to get anyone in the ring..hats off to them..

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Sat Oct 23, 2010 2:02 pm

dmar5143 wrote:i agree.i think the brothers will do anything in reason to get anyone in the ring..hats off to them..
Only if the rest of the HW division was like them.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Oct 23, 2010 2:46 pm

My guess is a lot of guys see a beating in front of them. A real, long-term damage beating and I also suspect these guys really do have tough contractual demands.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Oct 23, 2010 3:18 pm

Pull your head out of your ass, K2 promotions are incredibly difficult to deal with, they've been pushing shady contracts ever since the Chris Byrd days.

Nobody is scared of those two average giants.

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Sat Oct 23, 2010 3:30 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:My guess is a lot of guys see a beating in front of them. A real, long-term damage beating and I also suspect these guys really do have tough contractual demands.
But thats happened throughout the history of the sport. Its not the first time. I am sorry but the champ can dictate the contract. I just dont understand not wanting to be champ.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Sat Oct 23, 2010 4:01 pm

Soonermark890 wrote:Oh and Frank how have you been?
Just read this. I'm cool Sooner. Thanks for asking.

Frank

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Sat Oct 23, 2010 4:02 pm

Frank wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:Oh and Frank how have you been?
Just read this. I'm cool Sooner. Thanks for asking.
Its no problem I figured you either missed it or didnt want to talk about it.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:38 pm

Soonermark890 wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:My guess is a lot of guys see a beating in front of them. A real, long-term damage beating and I also suspect these guys really do have tough contractual demands.
But thats happened throughout the history of the sport. Its not the first time. I am sorry but the champ can dictate the contract. I just dont understand not wanting to be champ.

I wasn't trying to justify it Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Sat Oct 23, 2010 7:41 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:

I wasn't trying to justify it Smile
I know. I just dont understand them. I guess when your not already rich you look at things different. Haye and them are already rich so maybe its harder to get them to get their face beat in.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  CervezaExtra Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:05 am

I know I'm late to this topic but here is why one Heavy won't fight the K Brothers. The whole article is the real explanation.

"I'm going to focus on making great fights, but not fighting the Klitschkos," Gotzev said. "The Klitschkos are in a league of their own. But I think Samuel Peter has a great chance against anyone else in the heavyweight division. I can see better fights in the heavyweight division that excludes the Klitschko brothers.

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/boxing/news/story?id=5714116

Good article by the way. Smile
CervezaExtra
CervezaExtra

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:44 am

I think fighting the Klits can ruin a career. A guy like David Haye or Valuev can milk the fact that they've not lost to either and create enough buzz that some people think they might actually be able to win or make an exciting fight.

There's a lot more $ to be made doing that and taking winnable fights than in losing decisively and having everyone see through an illusion of greatness. No one wants to pay to watch the 3rd best guy, but they will pay to watch someone who might be the best.

And if a fighter can create enough doubt, their legacy will look much better too.

Last edited by Gumby on Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:43 pm; edited 2 times in total
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:58 am

im sure thats how a few are thinking maybe even hoping someone else could pull off a upset also..welcome gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:48 pm

best chance against Vitali is to wait and hope his body betrays him.

best chance against Wlad? You have to hit him with a damn shot. Haye has enough speed that maybe he could land something big early(I don't think he has the guts to get in there with him and if he does I think he runs). T
That is about all you have at this point. He doesn't gas out anymore. He catches punches much better. He has perfected the tie up on the inside (steward is awesome at teaching that). He isn't calm in the ring, but he isn't a deer in the headlights when you hit him.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:51 pm

Gumby wrote:I think fighting the Klits can ruin a career. A guy like David Haye or Valuev can milk the fact that they've not lost to either and create enough buzz that some people think they might actually be able to win or make an exciting fight.

There's a lot more $ to be made doing that and taking winnable fights than in losing decisively and having everyone see through an illusion of greatness. No one wants to pay to watch the 3rd best guy, but they will pay to watch someone who might be the best.

And if a fighter can create enough doubt, their legacy will look much better too.

Nice post.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:53 pm

captainanddew wrote:best chance against Vitali is to wait and hope his body betrays him.

best chance against Wlad? You have to hit him with a damn shot. Haye has enough speed that maybe he could land something big early(I don't think he has the guts to get in there with him and if he does I think he runs). T
That is about all you have at this point. He doesn't gas out anymore. He catches punches much better. He has perfected the tie up on the inside (steward is awesome at teaching that). He isn't calm in the ring, but he isn't a deer in the headlights when you hit him.

In an interview last week Steward basically said he thouight Wlad was now technically proficient enough to basically not get hit by the guys out there. Sounds to me like he'd agree with you as well.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next