The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UPDATED: Mayeather invites Rios, Robert Garcia and Ortiz's estranged father to the fight

+3
jz_hova
gomez1012
GrantZilla
7 posters

Go down

UPDATED: Mayeather invites Rios, Robert Garcia and Ortiz's estranged father to the fight Empty UPDATED: Mayeather invites Rios, Robert Garcia and Ortiz's estranged father to the fight

Post  GrantZilla Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:36 pm

In an obvious mental tactic, Floyd Mayweather Jr. has invited WBA lightweight champion Brandon Rios, and his trainer Robert Garcia, to attend Saturday's fight at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. Mayweather will challenge Victor Ortiz for the WBC welterweight crown. The bad blood between Ortiz and Rios/Garcia is well documented. Garcia used to train Ortiz before the two of them had a serious falling out. Ortiz left Robert in favor of his older brother, Danny Garcia. The Garcia brothers have barely spoken to each other in years. Ortiz and Rios, once close friends, are now mortal enemies.

"Brandon Rios and Robert Garcia, I want to make sure they have tickets to attend the show," Mayweather said.

One reporter asked "why? -And Floyd replied "why not? I just want to make sure they have tickets for the show."

http://www.boxingscene.com/mayweather-jr-invites-brandon-rios-robert-garcia--43746

Last edited by GrantZilla on Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:13 am; edited 2 times in total
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

UPDATED: Mayeather invites Rios, Robert Garcia and Ortiz's estranged father to the fight Empty Re: UPDATED: Mayeather invites Rios, Robert Garcia and Ortiz's estranged father to the fight

Post  Guest Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:48 am

That's actually a smart ploy by Floyd.

Back to top Go down

UPDATED: Mayeather invites Rios, Robert Garcia and Ortiz's estranged father to the fight Empty Re: UPDATED: Mayeather invites Rios, Robert Garcia and Ortiz's estranged father to the fight

Post  gomez1012 Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:52 am

Ortiz should invite his baby mama, CJ Watson, RA the Rugged Man, Brian Kenny, Antonio Margarito, Manny Pacquiao, Floyd Sr, the Las Vegas Security Guards, & the guy who got shot at for telling Flod he'd lose to Marquez

There are plenty of tix available Laughing
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  jz_hova Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:28 pm

gomez1012 wrote:Ortiz should invite his baby mama, CJ Watson, RA the Rugged Man, Brian Kenny, Antonio Margarito, Manny Pacquiao, Floyd Sr, the Las Vegas Security Guards, & the guy who got shot at for telling Flod he'd lose to Marquez

There are plenty of tix available Laughing

don't forget PW, Cotto, Rick Ross, Winky Wright, and Brian Kenny
jz_hova
jz_hova

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:55 pm

Would be even better if Flod got Rios to carry his old trinkets to the ring.

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:27 pm

Same tactict Floyd used when he invited Corales's ex-wife to their fight. She had been beaten by Corales when she was pregnant and Floyd wanted her to come see Diego get beat the fuck down. She actually declined to go.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  jz_hova Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:00 pm

Well looks like that dumb ass plan back fired

He's Done
jz_hova
jz_hova

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:29 am

Leonard Ellerbe, CEO for Mayweather Promotions, told BoxingScene.com not to be surprised if trainer Robert Garcia, and WBA lightweight champion Brandon Rios, accompany Floyd Mayweather Jr. during his ring walk on Saturday night at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.

As BoxingScene.com reported on Tuesday, Mayweather invited Rios and Garcia to attend Saturday's fight at the MGM Grand. Mayweather is playing up on the long-standing feud between Robert Garcia and his brother Danny Garcia, who trains Mayweather's upcoming opponent, WBC welterweight champion Victor Ortiz.

The feud began a few years ago when Ortiz left Robert and hired his brother Danny as his new head trainer. Robert Garcia's boxer, Rios, has been involved in a long-standing feud with Ortiz.

Robert Garcia, and Rios, are planning to attend Saturday's event - as guests of Team Mayweather. Garcia confirmed to BoxingScene - "That would be great [to come out with Mayweather]. We are going to be there."

http://www.boxingscene.com/robert-garcia-rios-come-out-with-mayweather--43776
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  SlickMoney Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:34 am

I like that Rios will accompany Floyd but Robert is a damn fool.
SlickMoney
SlickMoney

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:37 am

"I want to thank Floyd for inviting my brother, Robert. I think good it's a good opportunity for me and him to start talking again. I want to thank you for inviting him. I'm happy for that,"

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:19 pm

LA Times writer Lance Pugmire on twitter last night

Robert Garcia says he doesn't like idea of walking in ring with @FloydMayweather, but believes Mayweather will "pick apart" Ortiz. #boxing
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:26 pm

SlickMoney wrote:I like that Rios will accompany Floyd but Robert is a damn fool.
+1, now thats betrayal to family. Danny always had Roberts back since they were kids.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:16 am

Now, it appears that Ellerbe might encourage the titleholder's estranged father, Victor Ortiz Sr., to attend the fight as well.

"You never know. We've got a lot of surprises for him," said Ellerbe. "We're working on a lot of things."

Ortiz's widely reported background details his being born the second of three children to Mexican immigrants in Garden City, Kan., and being just 7 years old when his mother left him, and, 13 when his alcoholic father did the same.

Ortiz, now 24, recently met the woman who abandoned him. And with absolutely zero malice in his heart, he absolved her of blame. Completely, about seven months ago.

But Ortiz never has reconciled with his father, even removing a tattoo of his own last name from his back as a means of removing his father's claim to him.

"Victor could look around the arena and see a lot of people from his past," said Ellerbe. "Victor could see anybody from his past. And that's the truth"

Ellerbe told several reporters on Wednesday "not to be surprised" if Garcia and Rios wind up in the ring

http://tinyurl.com/65l2qr4
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:32 am

dumb

someone's nervous
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:38 am

gomez1012 wrote:dumb

someone's nervous
Hes not nervous, hes really clever. This has me cracking up lol
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:46 am

pretty lame if you ask me

kinda reaching, id prefer mayorga's mouth over this crap
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:12 pm

gomez1012 wrote:pretty lame if you ask me

kinda reaching, id prefer mayorga's mouth over this crap
mouth only goes so far. the problem is that you cant talk like mayorga and then after you lose act like best friends. mayweather is actually smart with his tactics. talk is cheap unless you back it up with action.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  UBeeg9cats Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:54 pm

I don't like this either and I believe Floyd is affected in some way. I don't know if he is a little more nervous or tired of people talking about Ortiz and his story. Floyd wants ALL THE ATTENTION.

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down