The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nacho praises Floyd, compares him to Michael Jordan

+7
Frank
gomez1012
GrantZilla
Soonermark890
hillsicc303
powerpuncher
Tobe
11 posters

Go down

Nacho praises Floyd, compares him to Michael Jordan Empty Nacho praises Floyd, compares him to Michael Jordan

Post  Guest Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:13 am

"I have seen so much (in boxing)" the 72 year old Beristain said. "I've trained so many world champions. In the Olympics, I've had two gold medal winners and two who won bronze medals. Many people do not know this but once I was asked to train the great Mike Tyson.

"It could not work out because of my (lack of) English," Beristain said. "My point is that, looking at this Mayweather, I would say that he is the fastest fighter in the whole, entire history of boxing.

"He is so (good) defensively in a fight, that he is like no person I have ever seen before. I would have to compare his status in boxing to that of Michael Jordan in basketball when it comes to speed, to athletic ability and to agility."

http://www.boxingscene.com/marquezs-trainer-awe-floyd-mayweathers-speed--43540

Back to top Go down

Nacho praises Floyd, compares him to Michael Jordan Empty Re: Nacho praises Floyd, compares him to Michael Jordan

Post  Tobe Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:25 am

[quote="Ali"]
" I would say that he is the fastest fighter in the whole, entire history of boxing.

Back the hyperbole truck up there a second. ONE OF the fastest ever maybe, like Top 5 or 10, but I can't seem him at the top over Ali, Ray Leonard, Medric Taylor, Benny Leonard, Sweet Pea, etc. Even Roy Jones and Joe C. have to be up there with him.
Tobe
Tobe

Back to top Go down

Nacho praises Floyd, compares him to Michael Jordan Empty Re: Nacho praises Floyd, compares him to Michael Jordan

Post  powerpuncher Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:11 pm

i agree with tobe. saying he is the fastest ever is way over the top but he is very quick and very good defensively but not the best in either category by far.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  hillsicc303 Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:36 pm

Floyd is not the fastest fighter ever, but he's definitely in the top 5-10. Fighters like Judah, RJJ, SRL, and Meldrick Taylor definitely had more attacking/offensive speed than Floyd.

But Floyd is probably the fastest counter-puncher/defensive speed fighter I've ever seen. His reactions to what you're doing are second to none....

hillsicc303

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:40 pm

hillsicc303 wrote:Floyd is not the fastest fighter ever, but he's definitely in the top 5-10. Fighters like Judah, RJJ, SRL, and Meldrick Taylor definitely had more attacking/offensive speed than Floyd.

But Floyd is probably the fastest counter-puncher/defensive speed fighter I've ever seen. His reactions to what you're doing are second to none....
fast how? Feet or hands? Hell Pac has damn fast hands.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:42 pm

Khan got faster hands. He actualy throws rapid-fire combos. Floyd just throws pot shots, one punch at a time.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:42 pm

I still cant believe HBO crew compared Berto to Meldrick Taylor

Mad
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:45 pm

gomez1012 wrote:I still cant believe HBO crew compared Berto to Meldrick Taylor

Mad

The Hayman slipped them all 20s if they did
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  hillsicc303 Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:50 pm

Hands... come on man.

Floyd is the fastest counter-puncher I've ever seen. Guys come at him throwing punches, and then they don't know what hit them. Floyd is not an offensive fighter, so we rarely see his speed when he's leading. But he's still fast leading, he's just not as comfortable doing so.

Like I said, there are other guys who are offensively faster than him, I'd put Manny in that catagory too....

hillsicc303

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:59 pm

hillsicc303 wrote:
Hands... come on man.

Floyd is the fastest counter-puncher I've ever seen. Guys come at him throwing punches, and then they don't know what hit them. Floyd is not an offensive fighter, so we rarely see his speed when he's leading. But he's still fast leading, he's just not as comfortable doing so.

Like I said, there are other guys who are offensively faster than him, I'd put Manny in that catagory too....

I havent seen that Floyd since the Corrales fight...
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:28 pm

Ali wrote:
"I have seen so much (in boxing)" the 72 year old Beristain said. "I've trained so many world champions. In the Olympics, I've had two gold medal winners and two who won bronze medals. Many people do not know this but once I was asked to train the great Mike Tyson.

"It could not work out because of my (lack of) English," Beristain said. "My point is that, looking at this Mayweather, I would say that he is the fastest fighter in the whole, entire history of boxing.

"He is so (good) defensively in a fight, that he is like no person I have ever seen before. I would have to compare his status in boxing to that of Michael Jordan in basketball when it comes to speed, to athletic ability and to agility."

http://www.boxingscene.com/marquezs-trainer-awe-floyd-mayweathers-speed--43540
This guy is fucking nuts.

Frank

Back to top Go down

Post  jz_hova Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:18 pm

gomez1012 wrote:
hillsicc303 wrote:
Hands... come on man.

I havent seen that Floyd since the Corrales fight...

dayum that's gonna leave a mark
cheers cheers
jz_hova
jz_hova

Back to top Go down

Post  hillsicc303 Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:25 pm

dayum that's gonna leave a mark

Too bad he's been effectively countering his way to victory since the Corrales fight, 16 times I think. Ask your boy Oscar(Fish Net Freddy) how effective his counter-punching is...

hillsicc303

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:40 pm

hillsicc303 wrote:
Too bad he's been effectively countering his way to victory since the Corrales fight, 16 times I think. Ask your boy Oscar(Fish Net Freddy) how effective his counter-punching is...

Hatton, DLH, Marquez, Shane he had his struggles with, but speed at a different level like Jordan in his prime, no way
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:26 am

gomez1012 wrote:
hillsicc303 wrote:

Hatton, DLH, Marquez, Shane he had his struggles with, but speed at a different level like Jordan in his prime, no way
i agree. comparing him to jordan is dumb. you compare SRR or ali to jordan, not mayweather. i think that mayweather has great speed, defense, counter punching, and ring smarts, but he just isnt the best at any of them. all of those tools though make you a great fighter especially with his work ethic. but lets be honest, he is no michael jordan of boxing. i think that thats a disgrace to many other great fighters of the past who have excelled mayweathers career easily.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:07 pm

I think the degree to which people hate Floyd has really tainted their opinion of him as a fighter. In terms of demonstrated boxing ability (not accomplishments) he's among the best ever. Regardless of what he does or doesn't do in the future. For a respected trainer to come out and give him that level of praise is significant.

I think he's among the fastest fighters ever. His athleticism allows him to move his feet and hands quickly but more importantly his reaction times are off the charts. His reflexes are on par with anyone.

Saying that the best fighter of this generation (it's him or Pac) might be the best fighter ever isn't sacrilege.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:10 pm

I wonder who are the two fighters he trained that became gold medalists?
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:41 am

Gumby wrote:I think the degree to which people hate Floyd has really tainted their opinion of him as a fighter. In terms of demonstrated boxing ability (not accomplishments) he's among the best ever. Regardless of what he does or doesn't do in the future. For a respected trainer to come out and give him that level of praise is significant.

I think he's among the fastest fighters ever. His athleticism allows him to move his feet and hands quickly but more importantly his reaction times are off the charts. His reflexes are on par with anyone.

Saying that the best fighter of this generation (it's him or Pac) might be the best fighter ever isn't sacrilege.
i would say that if anybody said that pac or mayweather was the best fighter ever, they obviously dont know many ATGs.

i know that floyd is very very talented and that many people's views on him personally make them think that he is an inferior fighter than he actually is, but that still doesnt make him the fastest fighter ever. ray leonard was definitely faster and hit harder. thats just one example of quite a few fighters. defensively, i think that he is pretty high up there just below the likes of pep, sweat pea, and nicolli (or however you spell his name) but he is definitely a defensive great.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:45 am

This welterweight class is pretty sorry when you compare it to even the 90s division

Mayweather/Pac dont survive against those fighters
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:25 pm

powerpuncher wrote:i know that floyd is very very talented and that many people's views on him personally make them think that he is an inferior fighter than he actually is, but that still doesnt make him the fastest fighter ever. ray leonard was definitely faster and hit harder. thats just one example of quite a few fighters. defensively, i think that he is pretty high up there just below the likes of pep, sweat pea, and nicolli (or however you spell his name) but he is definitely a defensive great.

I don't have Floyd or Pac as my #1 on anything but I get peopled who'd make the argument based on them being the best right now (if they think the sport and athletes keep getting better). It's hard to say someone is definitely faster or hits harder without some sort of testing. I just think if a guy as respected as Nacho comes out and says that it carries some weight because he probably knows a whole lot more than anyone on this board. And it definitely beats Atlas saying that everyone is shit.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  BoxingGenius Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:29 am

Soonermark890 wrote:
hillsicc303 wrote:Floyd is not the fastest fighter ever, but he's definitely in the top 5-10. Fighters like Judah, RJJ, SRL, and Meldrick Taylor definitely had more attacking/offensive speed than Floyd.

floyd's hands are a lot faster than pacs, mannys look quicker than they are because he throws so many combinations. pac has him beat in the power department, but in terms of reflexes and hand speed, its floyd. his counters are lightning fast, i would even say khan is faster than pac. mannys hand speed is overrated because of how his fighting style can trick you into thinking hes throwing faster than he is. still very fast, but floyds got top 5 atg hand speed, mannys a little further down the list

BoxingGenius

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:37 pm

BoxingGenius wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:

floyd's hands are a lot faster than pacs, mannys look quicker than they are because he throws so many combinations. pac has him beat in the power department, but in terms of reflexes and hand speed, its floyd. his counters are lightning fast, i would even say khan is faster than pac. mannys hand speed is overrated because of how his fighting style can trick you into thinking hes throwing faster than he is. still very fast, but floyds got top 5 atg hand speed, mannys a little further down the list
I thinking Khan has the fastest hands behind Gamboa and Russell in boxing.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:27 pm

BoxingGenius wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:

I don't think Floyd's are near as fast as pac's.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down