The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Noooooooo Brian Kenny leaving ESPN ?

+4
Tobe
Diego408
gomez1012
captainanddew
8 posters

Go down

Noooooooo Brian Kenny leaving ESPN ? Empty Noooooooo Brian Kenny leaving ESPN ?

Post  Guest Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:32 am

According to a report in USA Today, anchor Brian Kenny is leaving ESPN and becoming a TV free agent. The paper reports that Kenny will host his final SportsCenter in early September. The information was confirmed by ESPN spokesman Mike Soltys. Among his various duties at the network, Kenny was the host of ESPN2's Friday Night Fights and his on-air battle with Floyd Mayweather Jr. have become infamous in the boxing world.

"Brian did great work for us. His contract was up and he found a new opportunity," Soltys said.

While not yet confirmed, rumors are circulating that Kenny is set to join the MLB Network. An MLB spokesman declined to comment. During his 13-year career at ESPN, Kenny anchored Baseball Tonight and did play-by-play for Wednesday Night Baseball among other baseball related programs.

Sucks, Kenny is the best at doing the studio work for FNF's and he's amazing at winding up Floyd.

Back to top Go down

Noooooooo Brian Kenny leaving ESPN ? Empty Re: Noooooooo Brian Kenny leaving ESPN ?

Post  captainanddew Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:34 am

what a letdown. BK was great in the studio.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Noooooooo Brian Kenny leaving ESPN ? Empty Re: Noooooooo Brian Kenny leaving ESPN ?

Post  gomez1012 Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:40 am

Jonathan Coachman aint a bad replacement
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:41 am

gomez1012 wrote:Jonathan Coachman aint a bad replacement

Ugh Coach sucks. He was horrible the last time I watched him.

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:42 am

He's been alright the few times Ive seen him on there
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:44 am

gomez1012 wrote:He's been alright the few times Ive seen him on there

No enthusiasm or passion.

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:27 pm

gomez1012 wrote:Jonathan Coachman aint a bad replacement
I remember when he use to wrestle in the WWF hahaha
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:19 pm

Looks like it's official, Fatman wished Brain luck on twitter.

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:18 pm

I have seen Coach and I thought he was total shite.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Tobe Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:36 pm

That is too bad. I like BK. This Coachman guy annoys me; overuses B.S. phrases like "on point" and comes across as a bit of a douche. Can't see him holding his own in an interview like Kenney did with Floyd, that's for sure.
Tobe
Tobe

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:13 pm

Coach is ok, but I don't think he realy gives a fuck about boxing. He comes off like a suit just filling in.

I guess we been spoiled by passionate guys for the sport like Max and Brian.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:30 am

Get Fatman in there, it's about time he climbed the ESPN ladder. or in his case elevator.

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:29 pm

GrantZilla wrote:Coach is ok, but I don't think he realy gives a fuck about boxing. He comes off like a suit just filling in.

I guess we been spoiled by passionate guys for the sport like Max and Brian.

max in studio with BK was a thing of beauty. Those two guys were perfect. Can't blame BK for leaving. he probably is getting paid very well.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:49 pm

captainanddew wrote:max in studio with BK was a thing of beauty. Those two guys were perfect. Can't blame BK for leaving. he probably is getting paid very well.

HBO should go after him.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:48 am

GrantZilla wrote:
captainanddew wrote:max in studio with BK was a thing of beauty. Those two guys were perfect. Can't blame BK for leaving. he probably is getting paid very well.

HBO should go after him.
Let's hope they already have. Have to make a comment about FM and that interview. I've come to the conclusion that FM is the most obnoxious and ignorant sports figure I've ever seen. To talk and fight is one thing. To talk like that and run is another. I guess it takes Brian K. to exploit that. (Note: Although MW is probably second to Tyson in the sickening personality category, at least Tyson fought mostly everyone. He may've got knocked out, but he showed up.)

Frank

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:18 am

i love brian kenny. it will be extremely hard to get anyone as good as him in the studio. and i hate MLB so lets hope he doesnt go there.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:27 am

powerpuncher wrote:i love brian kenny. it will be extremely hard to get anyone as good as him in the studio. and i hate MLB so lets hope he doesnt go there.

Hopefully HBO gives BK a breif case of cash to go there
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  SlickMoney Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:21 am

What would Kenny do at HBO?

SlickMoney
SlickMoney

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:15 pm

i think that he could start commentating. he should take over merchants job and do the post fight interview. or better yet, go to showtime and take over jim grays job. i cant stand jim gray.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down