The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mayweather-Ortiz Face-Off Promo

4 posters

Go down

Mayweather-Ortiz Face-Off Promo Empty Mayweather-Ortiz Face-Off Promo

Post  GrantZilla Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:59 pm

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Mayweather-Ortiz Face-Off Promo Empty Re: Mayweather-Ortiz Face-Off Promo

Post  Gumby Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:19 pm

They're getting really good with these. Say what you want about HBO but they have great production values.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:34 pm

I like it as far as promoting the fight but it is a bit contrived. The whole sitting on the chairs backwards and the predictable questions with even more predictable answers just seems awkward at times and these can be hard for me to watch. The quality of them is great though.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:35 pm

Gumby wrote:They're getting really good with these. Say what you want about HBO but they have great production values.

Problem is, they are too small of a platform. The now fired Greenburg's refusal to use other WB resources, like TNT ect. Which will now be used for this PPV.

What's the point of making high value product if nobody is watching it, outside hardcore fans? The same hardcore fans that know all about the match-up, go to boxing sites, ect?

You think any casual or non boxing fan going to go onto HBO.com to find out when the Face/Off is on? No.

Now, if they wedged say a 2-3 minute segment of the Face-Off during a baseball game on TNT, you're more likely to draw in casual fans.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:50 pm

hardcorebee24 wrote:I like it as far as promoting the fight but it is a bit contrived. The whole sitting on the chairs backwards and the predictable questions with even more predictable answers just seems awkward at times and these can be hard for me to watch. The quality of them is great though.

+1

All been bad for me.

Wlad vs Haye was interesting because of the hate factor, but the rest kinda sucked
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:36 pm

You know what I miss. I miss the post-fight recap HBO use to do a week after a big fight. You know, where they had both fighters there and they go through the fight. The best of course was with Tyson. I'll never forget the one they did for Tyson-Douglas.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:29 pm

gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:38 pm

I bet the backwards chair idea was from Max.

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:55 pm

Ali wrote:I bet the backwards chair idea was from Max.
???

I've liked a few of them. Floyd v. Mosley, Bradley v. Alexander, Pascal v. Hop, Wlad v. Haye. All of them showed me something about the fight and the fighters (especially Bradley v. Alexander). The only ones I haven't liked are Manny's and that's because he's too nice.

I don't think the questions are that predictable either. The fighters usually get questions that people want to know and they have to answer them to a camera.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down