The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cunningham wants Tarver

4 posters

Go down

Cunningham wants Tarver Empty Cunningham wants Tarver

Post  Guest Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:57 pm

Philadelphia-based cruiserweight Steve Cunningham – considered the best at his weight in the world – is looking for the big fight that has long eluded him.

In Antonio Tarver’s impressive debut on Wednesday in stopping Danny Green “Down Under” in nine rounds, he may have found one.

“I don’t know what’s on his plate but if he decides to stay at cruiserweight it would be an awesome fight,” Cunningham told BoxingScene.com. “It would be a great fight for me, it would be a great fight for American television, it would be a good fight for everybody.

“We’ve been getting a lot of buzz on Twitter and Facebook about this matchup and I’m excited, I’m really excited actually. I’m hungry, I’m starving. I’m ready to make it do what it do.”

Cunningham (24-2, 12 KOs), promoted by European-based promoter Sauerland Event has been fighting mostly in Europe, but American fans got a glimpse of the talented boxer-puncher when he waged war with Tomasz Adamek in December ’08, seen on Versus. Cunningham dropped a split decision to Adamek, a fight that could have gone either way.

“I don’t think the world has seen the best Steve Cunningham yet,” said the 35-year-old Cunningham. “The Adamek fight gave them a picture of my heart and little bit of skill. But I still believe that even with that heart I’ve gotten better, I have a new trainer in Nazim Richardson, we’ve been together for almost three years, and I feel I’m still learning and getting better. … “I think it would be a great fight, I’m willing to give my all.

“If he’s willing to do it ASAP, I’m ready. I’ve been in camp, I’ve been in training , I’m never out of the gym. … “I have the mandatory that’s coming up, so I would like to get a fight in before my mandatory, I’ve been trying to fight since June. If he’s willing to do the fight, then we can get in there ASAP. Hey, let’s go.”

http://www.boxingscene.com/steven-cunningham-im-ready-fight-tarver-asap--41798

Back to top Go down

Cunningham wants Tarver Empty Re: Cunningham wants Tarver

Post  gomez1012 Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:16 pm

USS needs to get in the ring
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:18 pm

Put it in Philly.

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottLevinson Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:23 pm

I want Tarver.

He beat me in the amateurs in the mid-80's. Let's do a 25th anniversary match, Antonio.

Let's make it at a catchweight at 217. Nevermind that our first fight was at 165. I hit you with a bodyshot at the end of the 3rd, a shot I was trying to set up for 9 minutes while you pelted me with about 200 shots. You grunted audibly and yelled a curse word. I ran out of time.

Let's have that 4th round.

ScottLevinson

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:23 pm

ScottLevinson wrote:I want Tarver.

He beat me in the amateurs in the mid-80's. Let's do a 25th anniversary match, Antonio.

Let's make it at a catchweight at 217. Nevermind that our first fight was at 165. I hit you with a bodyshot at the end of the 3rd, a shot I was trying to set up for 9 minutes while you pelted me with about 200 shots. You grunted audibly and yelled a curse word. I ran out of time.

Let's have that 4th round.

Funny Shit
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:28 pm

I think Taver will sink The USS Cunningham

Cunningham wants Tarver Large_10
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  UBeeg9cats Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:57 pm

I like this fight. The winner can face the Huck-Wlodarczyk winner and we have a new champion at cruiser. Tarver greatly improves his HOF chances with a lineal title, USS finally will get some recognition, or one of the Europeans can take it and set up another opponent for a Klitschko down the road.

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down