The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shaw sues Bitch Bradley for contract breach

+3
gomez1012
Norm1023
GrantZilla
7 posters

Go down

Shaw  sues Bitch Bradley for contract  breach  Empty Shaw sues Bitch Bradley for contract breach

Post  GrantZilla Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:09 pm

Gary Shaw and Ken Thompson, the co-promoters of unified junior welterweight titlist Timothy Bradley Jr., have sued Bradley in Florida State Court for breach of contract over his refusal to go through with a fight against fellow titlist Amir Khan, which had been scheduled for Saturday in Las Vegas.

Khan instead will fight Zab Judah in a unification fight Saturday night in Las Vegas while Bradley is on the sidelines indefinitely. Shaw and Thompson claim Bradley still owes them one more fight.

Shaw and Thompson also sued Cameron Dunkin, Bradley's co-manager, in the same lawsuit, which was filed July 1 in the 17th Judicial Circuit Court in Broward Country, Fla.

Shaw and Thompson are seeking damages on income they say they would have earned on a Bradley-Khan fight. They estimate their 20 percent share of the profits -- the other 80 percent would have gone to Bradley -- would have been "in excess of $450,000."

They are also seeking an injunction against Bradley, who has declared himself a free agent, that would prevent him from signing, negotiating with or fighting for any other promoter.

"Obviously, I hope Timmy will come back to Thompson and I and resume his career in a positive way, the way it was going," Shaw told ESPN.com.

"I read recently that he said he wants to fight the winner of the Khan-Judah fight. Huh? He had the opportunity to fight Khan (on Saturday) and he didn't take it because someone convinced him 23 days was too long to wait," Shaw said. "It doesn't mean the next deal he is offered for that fight will be better deal than the one we had for him."

Although the promoters claim they only owed Bradley $1.2 million for the fight under their two-fight extension, they eventually upped the offer to a minimum of $1.4 million against 80 percent of the net profits. The suit claims that Bradley stood to earn about $1.8 million total.

The increase came when Golden Boy Promotions, Khan's promoter, found out Bradley had rejected the fight and Khan, who badly wanted to fight Bradley, authorized Golden Boy to cut Bradley in for 50 percent of whatever television money was generated in his home country of England, as well as in the Middle East and Africa -- territories Khan controlled. However, Bradley and Dunkin declined.

http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id/6788333/timothy-bradley-jr-sued-promoters-contract-breach
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Shaw  sues Bitch Bradley for contract  breach  Empty Re: Shaw sues Bitch Bradley for contract breach

Post  Norm1023 Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:15 pm

I hope Shaw nails Bradley to the wall.
Norm1023
Norm1023

Back to top Go down

Shaw  sues Bitch Bradley for contract  breach  Empty Re: Shaw sues Bitch Bradley for contract breach

Post  Guest Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:59 am

Norm1023 wrote:I hope Shaw nails Bradley to the wall.

+1

Usually I wouldn't side with Shaw but Bradley deserves this.

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:09 pm

Shaw will probably be paid off
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  UBeeg9cats Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:40 pm

Ali wrote:
Norm1023 wrote:I hope Shaw nails Bradley to the wall.

+1

Usually I wouldn't side with Shaw but Bradley deserves this.

I think most are in agreement with this. Promoters might be pond scum but it is part of the job description. Fighters not fighting goes against the very core of the sport as well as earning fans.

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  NJBeatdown86 Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:50 pm

I hope Bluto collects
NJBeatdown86
NJBeatdown86

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:53 pm

I hope they toss it, fuck Shaw. Just once I'd like to see the good guy win.
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:31 pm

I'm with Bradley on this. The fact that Shaw's suing him and Bradley wants the Khan/Judah winner shows that Bradley's dodging Khan was influenced by a bad relationship with Shaw.

Shaw doesn't deserve a penny for a fight that never happened and the fact that he's trying to trap Bradley in a legal mess illustrates that he doesn't have the fighter's interest in mind.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:36 pm

Gumby wrote:I'm with Bradley on this. The fact that Shaw's suing him and Bradley wants the Khan/Judah winner shows that Bradley's dodging Khan was influenced by a bad relationship with Shaw.

Shaw doesn't deserve a penny for a fight that never happened and the fact that he's trying to trap Bradley in a legal mess illustrates that he doesn't have the fighter's interest in mind.

+1

Shaw wants to get paid for doing shit, he wants his cut of the HBO $$$

Deal expired, adios HBO fee!
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:44 pm

I wonder if Shaw would wear a tracksuit to court.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down