The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

so Who far is ahead in the yearly awards.

+4
GrantZilla
flapanther2001
dbudge
Diego408
8 posters

Go down

so Who far is ahead in the yearly awards. Empty so Who far is ahead in the yearly awards.

Post  Diego408 Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:00 pm

So far...
FOTY-Maybe Ortiz vs Berto or Marquez vs Conception. IMO Ortiz-Berto was more exciting. Consideration Wolak vs Rodriguez and Rios vs Antillon.

Round of the year- Ortiz vs Berto Rd6 or Marquez vs Conception RD1

KO of the year-Im not sure if it qualifies but Donaire did hit Montiel with a monster punch but he GOT UP! Rico Ramos had a great knock out last saturday. Javier Fortuna knocked Derrick Wilson out cold in the Undercard of Martinez vs S.D., so thats the best one in my mind so far.

Fighter of the year- Wlad, Hopkins or the winner of the Super six (Ward or Froch). Maybe Ortiz if he beats Floyd, big if though. I like Bernards chances this year.

Best prospect-I'd say possibly Adrien Broner. Even though its controversial, he does have a W over Ponce and in 1 round took out Litzua who was fresh from an upset of the year last year over Caballero. Another solid win this year can help big.

Upset of the year there have been a good few. Salido over Lopez, Ortiz over Berto, Arce over WV2, Barros over Caballero was a surprise (even though it was a robbery.)
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

so Who far is ahead in the yearly awards. Empty Re: so Who far is ahead in the yearly awards.

Post  Guest Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:03 pm

Hopkins will be a lock as long as he beats Dawson.

Back to top Go down

so Who far is ahead in the yearly awards. Empty Re: so Who far is ahead in the yearly awards.

Post  dbudge Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:05 pm

it's still early. i'd say Berto vs Ortiz round 6 deserves round of the year thus far. their fight must also be in contention for FOTY, but Soto vs Antillon was pretty fun. KO of the year so far Afolabi vs Dunstan on the Wlad vs Gaye Bigtoe undercard, that was a monstrous KO

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:24 pm

Rios/Acosta was a better fight than Antillon. Upset goes to Litzau over Caballero. Prospect, I'll go with Ramos. KO is tough...even though Montiel got up, he was done, so I'll give it to Donaire. Too soon for Fighter as Hopkins should lose to Dawson. If he wins, he's a lock, if not,Martinez or Bute maybe.
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:28 pm

Froch might be in for a shout IF he beats Ward and wins the tournament.

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:32 pm

flapanther2001 wrote:Rios/Acosta was a better fight than Antillon. Upset goes to Litzau over Caballero. Prospect, I'll go with Ramos. KO is tough...even though Montiel got up, he was done, so I'll give it to Donaire. Too soon for Fighter as Hopkins should lose to Dawson. If he wins, he's a lock, if not,Martinez or Bute maybe.
Litzua already one the award for it over Caballero. That fight happened in November of 2010, same night of Marquez vs Katsidis.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:33 pm

Rios vs Acosta was a better fight, I had totally forgot about it. It belongs up there.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:38 pm

Diego408 wrote:Rios vs Acosta was a better fight, I had totally forgot about it. It belongs up there.

Yeah, that's my FOTY vote so far.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Norm1023 Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:34 pm

I like Maidana-Morales for FOTY.

Afolabi-Dunstan for KO. The mouthpiece flying out Dunstan's mouth was classic.
Norm1023
Norm1023

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:55 pm

Diego408 wrote:
flapanther2001 wrote:Rios/Acosta was a better fight than Antillon. Upset goes to Litzau over Caballero. Prospect, I'll go with Ramos. KO is tough...even though Montiel got up, he was done, so I'll give it to Donaire. Too soon for Fighter as Hopkins should lose to Dawson. If he wins, he's a lock, if not,Martinez or Bute maybe.
Litzua already one the award for it over Caballero. That fight happened in November of 2010, same night of Marquez vs Katsidis.
Oops....you are correct sir!!! I will go with Salido over Lopez for upset....also, whomever wins the Super 6 might get Fighter.
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:31 pm

FOTY - Ortiz vs Berto

Round of the year - Ortiz vs Berto Rd. 6

KO of the year - Ramos v. Shimoda

Fighter of the year - Hopkins

Best prospect - Mikey Garcia

Upset of the year - Salido v. Lopez
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  Rum Capital Sun Jul 17, 2011 3:39 pm

doesn't mean much since he was fighting a scrub but this could be up for ko of the year lol
i mean the guy was taken out in a stretcher after this
Rum Capital
Rum Capital

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:12 pm

Norm1023 wrote:I like Maidana-Morales for FOTY.

Afolabi-Dunstan for KO. The mouthpiece flying out Dunstan's mouth was classic.
Maidana vs Morales was a classic also. Forgot about that one too.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:48 pm

mitchell vs murray deserves a mention in the foty stakes. it was a great little tear up

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  jz_hova Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:25 pm

Ali wrote:Hopkins will be a lock as long as he beats Dawson.

you don't have to worry about that then
jz_hova
jz_hova

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:48 pm

jz_hova wrote:
Ali wrote:Hopkins will be a lock as long as he beats Dawson.

you don't have to worry about that then

what makes you so sure of "Bad" Chad??? Chad's passive style will suit Hopkins spoiling tactics to a tee. Hopkins is going to be the aggressive fighter in that match-up, will land those sneaky rights on Chad's not as elusive as is made out to be's chin and he will test Dawson's chin. Dawson can be hurt and Hopkins hits hard enough to make Dawson fight shy (not that he needs any help with that) Dawson needs to be aggressive against Hopkins to beat him and i wouldn't bet on that happening

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down