The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Zab refuses to talk to the UK media

+9
Gumby
nano212
UBeeg9cats
Tobe
Soonermark890
SlickMoney
Diego408
gomez1012
GrantZilla
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Zab refuses to talk to the UK media  Empty Zab refuses to talk to the UK media

Post  GrantZilla Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:38 pm

@danrafaelespn On behalf of @superjudah, Kathy Duva said Zab will not speak to British media becase @amirkingkhan is not sharing any UK money with

@danrafaelespn I've been doing this a long time and never heard of a fighter who would speak to one country's press and not another.

@danrafaelespn That teleconference for Khan-Judah was one of the worst ones I have been on in 11 years covering boxing
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Zab refuses to talk to the UK media  Empty Re: Zab refuses to talk to the UK media

Post  gomez1012 Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:51 pm

Funny Shit

gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Zab refuses to talk to the UK media  Empty Re: Zab refuses to talk to the UK media

Post  GrantZilla Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:53 pm

Nobody should be surprised, this is 100% Zab
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:01 pm

Great move on the part of Zab, if Khan aint giving him any money form over the seas, theres no point in trying to help Khan promote with the UK media.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:03 pm

Diego408 wrote:Great move on the part of Zab, if Khan aint giving him any money form over the seas, theres no point in trying to help Khan promote with the UK media.

It's a moronic move, no class what so ever.

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:08 pm

Diego408 wrote:Great move on the part of Zab, if Khan aint giving him any money form over the seas, theres no point in trying to help Khan promote with the UK media.

Who's fault is that? If he wanted UK money, then that should've been part of his demands before the contracts were signed.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:10 pm

Ali wrote:

fuck Khan! you know how greedy that ass hole is. Im sure Khan didnt want to give him any of the share over there. Zabs not doing anything and, and he doesnt need to do Khan any favors.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:18 pm

Diego408 wrote:
Ali wrote:

fuck Khan! you know how greedy that ass hole is. Im sure Khan didnt want to give him any of the share over there. Zabs not doing anything and, and he doesnt need to do Khan any favors.

It's not about doing Khan favors, it's common courtesy and respectful to talk to the media all around the world. Boxing really doesn't need petty, ignorant, imbeciles like Judah giving it a bad name.

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:31 pm

Ali wrote:
It's not about doing Khan favors, it's common courtesy and respectful to talk to the media all around the world. Boxing really doesn't need petty, ignorant, imbeciles like Judah giving it a bad name.

Look I cant defend Judah, but I get why he's doing it.

It wont affect his $$$, so why do the extra work?

Still made no sense to me why Khan would offer UK share to Bradley but not Zab, especially if it is a PPV overseas!
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  SlickMoney Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:32 pm

GrantZilla wrote:

Who's fault is that? If he wanted UK money, then that should've been part of his demands before the contracts were signed.

How do you know he didnt demand it? Had he not signed the contract and the fight didnt happen because of that, you and a host of others would've bashed Zab.

"He doesnt deserve any UK money blah blah blah"

I dont blame Zab at all. Unless he signed saying he would talk to the UK press, i dont see what he did wrong. He has a right to do what he wants.
SlickMoney
SlickMoney

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:54 pm

LOL thats awesome. If he doesnt want to do an interview because he is not getting paid he shouldnt have too. If Khan wanted him to he should pay him. How many of you guys would work for free?
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:01 pm

[quote="SlickMoney"]
GrantZilla wrote:
How do you know he didnt demand it? Had he not signed the contract and the fight didnt happen because of that, you and a host of others would've bashed Zab.

"He doesnt deserve any UK money blah blah blah"

I dont blame Zab at all. Unless he signed saying he would talk to the UK press, i dont see what he did wrong. He has a right to do what he wants.

Part of signing a contract is doing promotion for the fight, is it not? Just saying, got to honor a contract if you sign off on it.

But if they didn't say he had to do promotions for the UK, I guess it's his right. Just talking about merits of honoring a contract, which seems to mean nothing today.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Tobe Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:37 pm

Zab is an athelete, but with moves like this you can't call him a sportsman. It's not good for the sport and makes him seem petty.
Tobe
Tobe

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:39 pm

Tobe wrote:Zab is an athelete, but with moves like this you can't call him a sportsman. It's not good for the sport and makes him seem petty.
But why isnt he getting a cut of the UK money? I bet Khan is getting money from the US. Obviously something happened in the negotiations and Zab is pissed about it.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Tobe Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:45 pm

Soonermark890 wrote:
Tobe wrote:Zab is an athelete, but with moves like this you can't call him a sportsman. It's not good for the sport and makes him seem petty.
But why isnt he getting a cut of the UK money? I bet Khan is getting money from the US. Obviously something happened in the negotiations and Zab is pissed about it.

I'm sure something did happen at the table that Zab's not happy about; but why burn those bridges and make yourself look like an ass? Unless this is Zab's last fight and he doesn't think his promotional company will ever do business in the UK, it seems shortsighted to me.
Tobe
Tobe

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:46 pm

Soonermark890 wrote:

Agreed. But that shit should've been dealt with during negotations. It's after the fact now. Everyone get's a bad deal, you got to suck it up like a man, not be a bitch, and honor the contract you fucking signed.

I said the same shit about Donaire when he went and signed with GB instead honoring his contract. It's bullshit.

BTW, I'm not a Zab hater, and I like Donaire.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  UBeeg9cats Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:50 pm

While I think it is somewhat unprofessional to do this, I think Zab has every right to do this. Zab is a pretty big name and he doesn't even get a 50-50 split in the US. I applaud Zab for still taking a big fight even if he didn't get all he wanted from the negotiations. I would much rather fighters take these somewhat childish stands and fight than turning down fights.

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  nano212 Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:00 pm

This might actually help sell the fight in the U.K.! I am sure the UK media is having a field day with this story. So both guys win in this case Amir will see more $$$ and Zab is sticking to his "getting no respect/under dog" approach! Lets no forget this fight is happening because ZAB gave up the UK part of the deal in order to get Khan in the ring!!
nano212
nano212

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:35 pm

I think Zab is classless but I like the move. I feel like coming across as a punk will get the fight more attention than in the UK than if he were trying to promote it. People will want to see him KOed. And if he wins it would be a big FU if he still refused to talk to the British media after the fight. I bet Ricky Hatton would un-retire for a big payday.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:22 am

Good points Nana and Gumby. Him doing this probably will get a big reaction and a lot of attention in the UK.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:56 am

Tobe wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:

I'm sure something did happen at the table that Zab's not happy about; but why burn those bridges and make yourself look like an ass? Unless this is Zab's last fight and he doesn't think his promotional company will ever do business in the UK, it seems shortsighted to me.
The only people he is burning is the UK media and he doesnt need them at all.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:33 am

You guys are missing the fact some of this media aren't promoting the fight, they are just boxing magazines like Ring and other websites, it's disrespectful to spit on the fans because Kathy Duva couldn't get Zab a percentage of the UK tv money.

It's a classless, ignorant disgusting move that should not be praised. Now if Judah was simply just ignoring the network which is broadcasting the fight here I'd understand that, but he's blanking a whole nations worth of media.

If the shoe was on the other foot I know for a fact Khan would be getting trashed.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:35 am

Soonermark890 wrote:
Tobe wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:

The only people he is burning is the UK media and he doesnt need them at all.

Not true, I am sure the networks over here will be taking note and will consider him a liability. When Zab is older and desperate for paydays I hope people here remember this move.

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:55 am

Ali wrote:You guys are missing the fact some of this media aren't promoting the fight, they are just boxing magazines like Ring and other websites, it's disrespectful to spit on the fans because Kathy Duva couldn't get Zab a percentage of the UK tv money.

It's a classless, ignorant disgusting move that should not be praised. Now if Judah was simply just ignoring the network which is broadcasting the fight here I'd understand that, but he's blanking a whole nations worth of media.

If the shoe was on the other foot I know for a fact Khan would be getting trashed.

Zab Judah has a pretty long history of being a classless, ignorant person. He's well past the point of having to be a role model for the sport. You would know better than me, but I don't think too many people in the UK admired Zab. He's doing what he wants and it will probably help build the fight.

Khan would get trashed because he's supposed to be a future star. He's held to a different standard.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:58 am

Ali wrote:Not true, I am sure the networks over here will be taking note and will consider him a liability. When Zab is older and desperate for paydays I hope people here remember this move.

I don't think Zab is going to end his career as some sort of a gatekeeper in the UK. Networks will be taking note of the ratings. Zab is older. This is probably his last big opportunity and he's doing things on his own terms.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next