The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What movies would you like to see remade?

+5
Gumby
Frank
NJBeatdown86
freakzilla
Soonermark890
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

What movies would you like to see remade? Empty What movies would you like to see remade?

Post  Soonermark890 Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:40 pm

I personally would love to see some old flicks remade. Here is what I think would make great remakes. Just as long as they dont cut out any parts.
Spartacus
Hercules
Jason and the Argonauts.
All epic movies would make great remakes (as long as they dont fuck with the story) because of the graphics available today.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

What movies would you like to see remade? Empty Re: What movies would you like to see remade?

Post  freakzilla Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:54 pm

All the old Roman type movies. Spartacus, Ben Hur and the like.
freakzilla
freakzilla

Back to top Go down

What movies would you like to see remade? Empty Re: What movies would you like to see remade?

Post  NJBeatdown86 Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:32 pm

I'm actually working on a script right now that's pretty much a remake of The Wild Bunch, it's set in modern times and has bikers instead of Old West outlaws.
NJBeatdown86
NJBeatdown86

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:32 pm

NJBeatdown86 wrote:I'm actually working on a script right now that's pretty much a remake of The Wild Bunch, it's set in modern times and has bikers instead of Old West outlaws.
Really? That sounds awesome.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:33 pm

Hey Jersey, from one screenwriter to another, good luck or break a leg. What ever happens first.

Sooner, to answer your question, I don't want to see one other fucking picture ever remade in my lifetime. LOL

Frank

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:00 pm

Jason And The Argonauts, but only if it's done with the right intentions. The Clash Of The Titans remake was horrible.

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:43 pm

Ali wrote:Jason And The Argonauts, but only if it's done with the right intentions. The Clash Of The Titans remake was horrible.
Yeah thats what worries me. I was excited about Clash and it was not good.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:44 pm

Frank wrote:Hey Jersey, from one screenwriter to another, good luck or break a leg. What ever happens first.

Sooner, to answer your question, I don't want to see one other fucking picture ever remade in my lifetime. LOL
What group of writers and directors could pull off a remake that would do the original justice?
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  NJBeatdown86 Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:42 pm

Frank wrote:Hey Jersey, from one screenwriter to another, good luck or break a leg. What ever happens first.

Lol thanks Frank. Good luck to you too.
NJBeatdown86
NJBeatdown86

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:00 am

Soonermark890 wrote:
Ali wrote:Jason And The Argonauts, but only if it's done with the right intentions. The Clash Of The Titans remake was horrible.

They're making a sequel called Wrath Of The Gods.

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:23 am

Ali wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:

What? Why? They couldnt get clash right. Sad thing is I will probably go see it.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:48 am

Soonermark890 wrote:
Ali wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:

What? Why? They couldnt get clash right. Sad thing is I will probably go see it.

It made money.

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:56 pm

Dracula - an origins story.

Shaka Zulu - Either a series or a movie trilogy.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  Rum Capital Thu Jul 14, 2011 4:12 pm

no more remakes. hollywood should come up with some original flicks for once.

btw gumby why would you want a classic to be remade?
Rum Capital
Rum Capital

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:01 pm

Rum Capital wrote:no more remakes. hollywood should come up with some original flicks for once.

I think it could be improved under a modern budget and capable director. Throw Mel Gibson on it.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  Rum Capital Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:51 pm

Gumby wrote:
Rum Capital wrote:no more remakes. hollywood should come up with some original flicks for once.

I think it could be improved under a modern budget and capable director. Throw Mel Gibson on it.
i dont know bro i remember watching this series as a kid and i seriously don't think anyone can be shaka other than henry cele. this is still one of the best mini series i've ever seen
Rum Capital
Rum Capital

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:40 pm

Not enough people have seen it though. And if they were to watch it now it would seem dated.

I don't think there have been any good war epics based out in Africa recently. That's why they could remake a classic. With the right direction it could be better because movie making has come a long way since then.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:00 pm

You guys aren't talking about the Michael Caine Zulu right ?

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sun Jul 17, 2011 2:45 pm

Ali wrote:You guys aren't talking about the Michael Caine Zulu right ?

I own that movie. It is called just plain ZULU. I don't recall having seen a Shaka Zulu.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

What movies would you like to see remade? Empty two more on the way

Post  Guest Sun Jul 17, 2011 5:03 pm

I went to see Horrible Bosses yesterday. First movie I had gone to the theatre to see in ages. It was terrible. I hated it. I left about 2/3 of the way through and walked next door to the Best Buy to look at gadgets while the ball and chain finished watching it.

Anyway...I watched the trailers pre-movie. And I recognized two remakes before they revealed the titles: Footloose and Fright Night. I am not joking. I give up on Hollywood.

They have remade Footloose with updates to appeal to the idiot generation. After about ten seconds of the trailer I leaned over to my companion and said "I think this is a Footloose remake" She watched for another couple of seconds and agreed. Sure enough it was. Dennis Quaid plays the old John Lithgow role as the uptight preacher. Pathetic.

the very next trailer was for the Fright Night remake. I recognised it as well. I remember watching that film when I was about 12 or 13. It stars Colin Farrell. I wish I was making this up.

So there you go. Two new gawd-awful remakes of 80's films to add to the discussion.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jul 17, 2011 5:35 pm

You'll be pleased to know Canvas that Colin Farrell is in the Total Recall remake too.

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:59 pm

they need to quit remaking movies.

How many remakes have been good in the past 10 years? So damn few in my view.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:00 pm

Hollywood really has been rehashing too many classic films, however, it's the same in the music industry. The theory is, if it was a hit once, it'll be a hit again.....it sucks. Also, the only problem with remaking classics like Ben Hur or similar era/style movies is that today's generation won't get it. They are too stupid & uneducated and haven't learned of this in school.
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:05 pm

flapanther2001 wrote:Hollywood really has been rehashing too many classic films, however, it's the same in the music industry. The theory is, if it was a hit once, it'll be a hit again.....it sucks. Also, the only problem with remaking classics like Ben Hur or similar era/style movies is that today's generation won't get it. They are too stupid & uneducated and haven't learned of this in school.

The problem with Hollywood is that they focus on profit and not quality. If a movie performs well they try and isolate why. So when they remake movies they try to fit them into a modern formula for what's sold well.

An example of a great remake has been the Batman series. Christopher Nolan isolated what made the series great (not what would sell), improved on it, and ended up with a great movie that sold.

The issue isn't that movies are being remade, it's that the people remaking them are lazy or dumb.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:51 pm

Gumby wrote:
flapanther2001 wrote:Hollywood really has been rehashing too many classic films, however, it's the same in the music industry. The theory is, if it was a hit once, it'll be a hit again.....it sucks. Also, the only problem with remaking classics like Ben Hur or similar era/style movies is that today's generation won't get it. They are too stupid & uneducated and haven't learned of this in school.

The problem with Hollywood is that they focus on profit and not quality. If a movie performs well they try and isolate why. So when they remake movies they try to fit them into a modern formula for what's sold well.

An example of a great remake has been the Batman series. Christopher Nolan isolated what made the series great (not what would sell), improved on it, and ended up with a great movie that sold.

The issue isn't that movies are being remade, it's that the people remaking them are lazy or dumb.

That's the problem with industry in this country as a whole. Make a cheaper and inferior product and sell it at market value to maximize your potential earning.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next