The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I am not the only one

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

I am not the only one - Page 2 Empty Re: I am not the only one

Post  GrantZilla Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:08 pm

Klits may not be good for HW interest in the West. But not bad for boxing in East Europe.

And you've been brainwashed by UK media in thinking a Haye win would have brought major interest in the US. It realy would not have. In the UK, yes. Because Haye fights entirly in the UK and Europe.

US won't care about HWs until there is an American HW Champ that fights in the US, and some good American contenders.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:13 pm

I don't pay attention to the UK media, the only news channel I watch is Sky Sports news, and that's mainly for football news.

IF Haye had won Golden Boy would be able to bring him over to America and market him, he's got the looks, charm and charisma to sell the fights on tv. And he's also got the ability to generate fans who'd tune in simply to see him lose.

Of course Haye never be huge, but he'd be able to generate interest.

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:17 pm

Naw. The GB US-promotion was usless, since Haye's team called the shots, and demanded fights in the UK only.

Had he won, he'd stayed in the UK, and collected Sky PPV checks.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:18 pm

GrantZilla wrote:Naw. The GB US-promotion was usless, since Haye's team called the shots, and demanded fights in the UK only.

I very much doubt that, alot of money would be made across the Atlantic.

Just imagine the paycheck for an Arreola fight in LA.

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:21 pm

Ali wrote:
GrantZilla wrote:Naw. The GB US-promotion was usless, since Haye's team called the shots, and demanded fights in the UK only.

I very much doubt that, alot of money would be made across the Atlantic.

Just imagine the paycheck for an Arreola fight in LA.

Be a bigger paycheck in the UK with it being a Sky PPV. Make more than what HBO would offer. No way it'd be a PPV in the US. And if it wasn, it would not do good numbers.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:24 pm

Canvas wrote:
Ali wrote:
Canvas wrote:Personally insulting someone because they don't share your favourable view of a hype job?

I'll insult people who think the Klitschko reign is a good thing for boxing and the HW division.

then you are violating the spirit of the forum in addition to being completely wrong...
Yeah lets not insult anyone since that seems to cause issues.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:56 pm

Ali wrote:I don't pay attention to the UK media, the only news channel I watch is Sky Sports news, and that's mainly for football news.

IF Haye had won Golden Boy would be able to bring him over to America and market him, he's got the looks, charm and charisma to sell the fights on tv. And he's also got the ability to generate fans who'd tune in simply to see him lose.

Of course Haye never be huge, but he'd be able to generate interest.

You just don't get it. Even before the haye vs Wlad fight, many American fight fans weren't enamored with Haye.

We weren't going to shell out our entertainment dollars to watch him fight.

captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:25 pm

Yeah. US was not thrilled with Lennox Lewis either, mainly because he had a boring style as well. But he fought most of his fights in the US, against big name American HWs like Tyson and Holyfield.

Haye got none of that. He has fought almost entirly in the UK, and he has no big name American opponents. Outside Arreola, who I'd pick to spank Haye.

So the HW division would not have magicaly gotten better had Haye won. The compeition still blows, including Haye.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:04 am

GrantZilla wrote:Yeah. US was not thrilled with Lennox Lewis either, mainly because he had a boring style as well. But he fought most of his fights in the US, against big name American HWs like Tyson and Holyfield.

Haye got none of that. He has fought almost entirly in the UK, and he has no big name American opponents. Outside Arreola, who I'd pick to spank Haye.

So the HW division would not have magicaly gotten better had Haye won. The compeition still blows, including Haye.

Yep I have been saying for a long time that Wlad and LL are just alike. If Vitali was an American he would be very popular here.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  BoxingGenius Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:19 am

Ali wrote:
BoxingGenius wrote:
Ali wrote:
flapanther2001 wrote:I don't get it.

The heavyweight division is dead.

and it was alive before July 2nd? give me a break! I'd rather klitschko win than have david "i throw no more than 15 punches a round" haye as the heavyweight champ.

Then you're a fool.

I am a fool? If you ask just about any unbiased observer, Haye is just as boring as the Klits. The only difference is Haye has a big mouth and isnt as good. Like it or not Wlad is an ATG heavyweight, I'm not a fan, but i respect his talent and what he has accomplished. He fights all comers and he's hurting boxing? No, its his opponents who cant muster up a decent fight against him that are hurting boxing. Haye was all bark no bite, and lost just about every round. Not to mention cried about his pinky toe after the fact. I lost all respect for Haye the second he took that shoe off. David Haye is what's wrong with the HW division, not the Klits.

Last edited by BoxingGenius on Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:20 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)

BoxingGenius

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:39 am

I am not the only one - Page 2 Articl11
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down