The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Povetkin vs Chageav for bogus WBA trinket on Aug 27th

4 posters

Go down

Povetkin vs Chageav for bogus WBA trinket on Aug 27th Empty Povetkin vs Chageav for bogus WBA trinket on Aug 27th

Post  Guest Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:48 pm

With Wladimir Klitschko´s dominant peformance against David Haye to unify the WBO/IBO/WBA/IBF heavyweight titles this past weekend in Hamburg, it appears to be a foregone conclusion that the WBA will declare him as being the "super champion." This move would leave the "regular" title open for a fight between mandatory challenger Ruslan Chagaev, and highest ranked available challenger Alexander Povetkin.

Sauerland, who promote Povetkin, confirm negotiations with Universum, who handle Chagaev, for the fight to happen in the coming months.

It´s a good matchup between two guys who a bit below the giant Klitschko brothers and maybe David Haye can fight the winner.

http://www.boxingscene.com/povetkin-vs-chagaev-negotiations-wba-title-fight--41200

Last edited by Ali on Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:49 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Povetkin vs Chageav for bogus WBA trinket on Aug 27th Empty Re: Povetkin vs Chageav for bogus WBA trinket on Aug 27th

Post  GrantZilla Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:06 pm

This was to be expected. This is what people and fighters that value trinkets deserve.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Povetkin vs Chageav for bogus WBA trinket on Aug 27th Empty Re: Povetkin vs Chageav for bogus WBA trinket on Aug 27th

Post  Guest Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:26 pm

Povetkin better kick Atlas to the curb if he wants to win. The winner is a logical candidate to get a shot at Wlad.

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:09 pm

It gets rid of another possible opponent for the Klitschko brothers.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:18 pm

captainanddew wrote:It gets rid of another possible opponent for the Klitschko brothers.

I like it. I think it creates a more legit candidate. I would rather these guys box off to earn their shot at the champ rather than fight bums and wait. I would like to see the top eight all box off against one another to create 4 somewhat compelling contenders.

If hype job Haye wants a shot, have him fight Areolla.

If Areolla wins he gets Wlad. If Sultan Dirrell wins, he gets Vitali.

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:41 pm

I just hope Chageav doesn't win. Who the fuck wants to see Wlad-Chageav II?

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:38 pm

GrantZilla wrote:I just hope Chageav doesn't win. Who the fuck wants to see Wlad-Chageav II?

Chageav vs Haye.

This is a good fight though, a toss up IMO.

Back to top Go down

Post  NJBeatdown86 Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:16 pm

I think Haye already turned down a fight against Mr. Hepatitis, not sure if he would bother to take it now. I'd rather see Haye vs. Arreola or Highlander.
NJBeatdown86
NJBeatdown86

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:26 pm

NJBeatdown86 wrote:I think Haye already turned down a fight against Mr. Hepatitis, not sure if he would bother to take it now. I'd rather see Haye vs. Arreola or Highlander.

As the saying goes beggars can't be choosers, facing the Chageav vs Povetkin winner would move Haye closer to a Wladimir rematch.

I agree though, would much rather see Haye vs Arreola.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:49 am

Teddy Atlas, trainer of Olympic gold medal winner Alexander Povetkin (21-0, 15KOs), confirmed BoxingScene.com's recent story, regarding his boxer's upcoming fight against former champion Ruslan Chagaev (27-1-1, 17KOs). Atlas confirms the fight is going to take place on August 27th in Germany, with the WBA's "regular" heavyweight title at stake.

"Povetkin will fight Ruslan Chagaev on August 27 in Germany for the WBA title. The WBA is going to make [Wladimir] Klitschko the super champion," Atlas said.

http://www.boxingscene.com/povetkin-chagaev-confirmed-by-teddy-atlas-aug-27--41301

Back to top Go down

Post  SlickMoney Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:58 pm

Now we can see what Povetkin is all about. If he wins he would have to fight Wlad cuz I just dont see how they can avoid that fight.
SlickMoney
SlickMoney

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:10 pm

Povetkin wants to fight Wlad, it's Atlas that doesn't. The same Atlas that all but calls Wlad a bum
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  SlickMoney Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:34 pm

GrantZilla wrote:Povetkin wants to fight Wlad, it's Atlas that doesn't. The same Atlas that all but calls Wlad a bum

Also the same Atlas that said Lara and Rigondeaux should be fighting top opponents because they've had lengthy amateur backgrounds but yet said Povetkin wasnt ready for Wlad. Go figure ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
SlickMoney
SlickMoney

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down