The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OK I am back from Dallas

4 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

OK I am back from Dallas - Page 2 Empty Re: OK I am back from Dallas

Post  Guest Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:07 pm

Soonermark890 wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:
captainanddew wrote:Sounds like it was a blast. Any idea how big the crowd was?
Man I dont know but someone said 66,000. Anyone know if that is right.

I read 41,000 somewhere.
All I know is there was a lot of people.

Yeah I mean in my lifetime how many fighters have drawn 40,000 for fights in the USA?

I can only think of a couple and one was named Ali.

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:16 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:
captainanddew wrote:Sounds like it was a blast. Any idea how big the crowd was?
Man I dont know but someone said 66,000. Anyone know if that is right.

I read 41,000 somewhere.
All I know is there was a lot of people.

Yeah I mean in my lifetime how many fighters have drawn 40,000 for fights in the USA?

I can only think of a couple and one was named Ali.
It looked just as full as the Clottey fight to me. I didnt see any empty seats.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:21 pm

Welcome back Mark, glad you made it safely back home, did you spend the night in Arlington last night?

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:25 pm

Ring wrote:Welcome back Mark, glad you made it safely back home, did you spend the night in Arlington last night?
Yeah we stayed about 1.5 miles away from the stadium. Next time I might stay within walking distance so we dont have to pay the $50 to park.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:36 pm

Soonermark890 wrote:
Ring wrote:Welcome back Mark, glad you made it safely back home, did you spend the night in Arlington last night?
Yeah we stayed about 1.5 miles away from the stadium. Next time I might stay within walking distance so we dont have to pay the $50 to park.

That's the best thing to do, there figures to be more big fights at Cowboy's Stadium in the future, Jerry Jones is big boxing fan, and the boxing events turn a nice profit for him.

BTW, the Haye-Harrison fight sucked ass, Audley threw about 4 jabs and did absolutely nothing the entire fight, before Haye jumped on him and knock him out in 3rd round, it was pathetic, disappointing and didn't even deserve a thread here.

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:38 pm

Ring wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:

That's the best thing to do, there figures to be more big fights at Cowboy's Stadium in the future, Jerry Jones is big boxing fan, and the boxing events turn a nice profit for him.

BTW, the Haye-Harrison fight sucked ass, Audley threw about 4 jabs and did absolutely nothing the entire fight, before Haye jumped on him and knock him out in 3rd round, it was pathetic, disappointing and didn't even deserve a thread here.
LOL pathetic and disappointing is exactly how I sum up both Haye and Harrison's careers.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:40 pm

Ring wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:

Understatement of the century. Fraudley looked like he was about to shit himself. During the introductions the first thing I typed was he looked scared. he came out, pawed about 3 jabs each of the first 2 rounds. Haye feinted alot, threw a few more jabs, tried a couple of right hands (literally). Then in the 3rd round Fraudley laid on the ropes. First couple of shots landed and he crumbled.

He really reminded me of Michael Spinks against Tyson. That look of terror in the eyes.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:41 pm

captainanddew wrote:
Ring wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:

Understatement of the century. Fraudley looked like he was about to shit himself. During the introductions the first thing I typed was he looked scared. he came out, pawed about 3 jabs each of the first 2 rounds. Haye feinted alot, threw a few more jabs, tried a couple of right hands (literally). Then in the 3rd round Fraudley laid on the ropes. First couple of shots landed and he crumbled.

He really reminded me of Michael Spinks against Tyson. That look of terror in the eyes.
LOL what did Ali say about it.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  freakzilla Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:48 pm

Hi to all. I'm a MMA guy but I must admit the Manny-Margarito fight was awesome. If every fight was as good or even half as good then boxing would be in a much better place. Thanks to those 2 fighters for showing us why people fall in love with boxing in the first place.
freakzilla
freakzilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:50 pm

freakzilla316ftw wrote:Hi to all. I'm a MMA guy but I must admit the Manny-Margarito fight was awesome. If every fight was as good or even half as good then boxing would be in a much better place. Thanks to those 2 fighters for showing us why people fall in love with boxing in the first place.

Hey Freak, sup dude, welcome to this forum. cheers

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:54 pm

Ring wrote:
freakzilla316ftw wrote:Hi to all. I'm a MMA guy but I must admit the Manny-Margarito fight was awesome. If every fight was as good or even half as good then boxing would be in a much better place. Thanks to those 2 fighters for showing us why people fall in love with boxing in the first place.

Hey Freak, sup dude, welcome to this forum. cheers
Uh oh Grant is not the only Zilla around here now. Laughing
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:55 pm

Welcome. Great to have you.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:01 pm

captainanddew wrote:

Welcome. Great to have you.

"My ultimate concern as a fighter is I want the people to be happy,” Pacquiao said. Job well done.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  freakzilla Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:04 pm

Thanks to all the kind words. Much appreciated. The boxing forum at Ninja's misses you guys. I've never had a problem with any of you guys and I give you my word I won't do anything to ruin this site for you.
freakzilla
freakzilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:19 pm

freakzilla316ftw wrote:Thanks to all the kind words. Much appreciated. The boxing forum at Ninja's misses you guys. I've never had a problem with any of you guys and I give you my word I won't do anything to ruin this site for you.

When we first got to this new Forum, most of us were considering going back if things got better at Ninja's, but once this forum took off, the majority of us decided to make this our new home.

I don't believe anyone here has a problem with you or most of the other MMA guys who also like boxing, like Tim and others coming here.

Back to top Go down

Post  freakzilla Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:25 pm

How is your wife doing by the way? I hope all is well.
freakzilla
freakzilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:41 pm

freakzilla316ftw wrote:How is your wife doing by the way? I hope all is well.

She's doing great, thanks for asking Freak, we've been going for walks together again, looks like i'll have a wife to share life with for another 20 years or more, so i'm really happy about that. One thing this whole experience taught me, was how much I really loved and cared about her, older married couples tend to take each other for granted.

Anyway, we need some "Aussie" input on this forum, so don't be a stranger. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  freakzilla Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:39 pm

Ring wrote:

She's doing great, thanks for asking Freak, we've been going for walks together again, looks like i'll have a wife to share life with for another 20 years or more, so i'm really happy about that. One thing this whole experience taught me, was how much I really loved and cared about her, older married couples tend to take each other for granted.

Anyway, we need some "Aussie" input on this forum, so don't be a stranger. Very Happy

Honestly, that is great to hear. I'm so happy for her and yourself. I hope you're together for a long time to come.

I'll try to input what I can but in truth I'm here to learn more about boxing from you experts. Very Happy
freakzilla
freakzilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:50 pm

freakzilla316ftw wrote:
Ring wrote:

Honestly, that is great to hear. I'm so happy for her and yourself. I hope you're together for a long time to come.

I'll try to input what I can but in truth I'm here to learn more about boxing from you experts. Very Happy

We're all experts here, that much is true, or you could say, legends in our own minds. What a Face hahaha.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:53 am

captainanddew wrote:Marble wasn't the only one crapping on Nelly. I know I was as well. If memory serves me almost everyone in the chat was crapping on him. After 3 national anthems no one at home wanted to watch Nelly. We all wanted the damn main event.
..i agree..lol sorry i dont even know who that no talent is..soonerglad you had a good time.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:14 am

Welcome!

Back to top Go down

Post  freakzilla Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:50 am

Hey Marble.
freakzilla
freakzilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down