The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mayweather doesn't show up for Deposition

5 posters

Go down

Mayweather doesn't show up for Deposition Empty Mayweather doesn't show up for Deposition

Post  Guest Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:43 pm

according to fightnews. He's in trouble now. I doubt the Ortiz fight happens on time.

Back to top Go down

Mayweather doesn't show up for Deposition Empty Re: Mayweather doesn't show up for Deposition

Post  Frank Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:09 pm

Mr. Fuck Up strikes again.

Frank

Back to top Go down

Mayweather doesn't show up for Deposition Empty Re: Mayweather doesn't show up for Deposition

Post  flapanther2001 Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:15 pm

Methinks gangsta Floyd is in for a big surprise this time.
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:18 pm

This would make one great episode of Law & Order
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:23 pm

I'm thinking Floyd is going to beg PacLitigator to settle. Either that or he is incredibly stupid...

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:38 pm

Canvas wrote:I'm thinking Floyd is going to beg PacLitigator to settle. Either that or he is incredibly stupid...

I tend to lean more towards this, maybe not incredibly but still
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:41 pm

We need Capitanddew or Boxinglawyeer to tell us what will happen to Floyd now. Can the judge issue an arrest warrant?

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:58 pm

Canvas wrote:We need Capitanddew or Boxinglawyeer to tell us what will happen to Floyd now. Can the judge issue an arrest warrant?

Yes they can. I've worked legal investigation for years. And if you are ordered by a judge to show up to court, your ass better be in court. Or they will issue a bench warrant for your arrest. And they will do it on a Friday after the courts are closed, and make you spend all fucking weekend in jail

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:18 pm

GrantZilla wrote:
Canvas wrote:We need Capitanddew or Boxinglawyeer to tell us what will happen to Floyd now. Can the judge issue an arrest warrant?

Yes they can. I've worked legal investigation for years. And if you are ordered by a judge to show up to court, your ass better be in court. Or they will issue a bench warrant for your arrest. And they will do it on a Friday after the courts are closed, and make you spend all fucking weekend in jail

Flod's mug shot on TMZ tomorrow morning then? lol
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:25 pm

gomez1012 wrote:

Or the judge could rule in Pac's favor. Which is what Pac's lawyer I guess is asking the judge to do.

"We will seek a default. The court has the power to hold him in contempt as well," Petrocelli told the Associated Press. "He has an obligation to respect the process and to follow a court order."
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/boxing/2011-06-17-mayweather-no-show-pacquiao-lawsuit_n.htm
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:31 pm

GrantZilla wrote:
gomez1012 wrote:

Or the judge could rule in Pac's favor. Which is what Pac's lawyer I guess is asking the judge to do.

"We will seek a default. The court has the power to hold him in contempt as well," Petrocelli told the Associated Press. "He has an obligation to respect the process and to follow a court order."
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/boxing/2011-06-17-mayweather-no-show-pacquiao-lawsuit_n.htm

I don't practice in Nevada. in Virginia, you'd see an order to show cause. And likely Mayweather would be held in contempt of court, if he couldn't provide a valid reason for missing the deposition (and I have to train for a fight isn't going to cut it).

Floyd is the type of person that you don't want as a client. He doesn't do what he is told to do. He thinks the rules of this society in general, and specifically, those in Nevada don't apply to him.

He is well along the path to being like Roy Jones in that he has wasted alot of his prime years not pushing himself. If you couple the tax issues and the legal issues, then an argument can be made that he just might find a way to self-destruct enough that we see him hanging around well past his prime because he has blown alot of a large nest egg.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:38 pm

Good points Captainanddew. I got a feeling Pac will win the default, and Mayweather will have to pay up the ass. No doubt GB, who seem desperate to have Mayweather, will pay. The same way they paid for Mayweather's legal bullshit with his taxes.

No doubt, they will take it out of his ass by making him fight to pay them back.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:20 pm

GrantZilla wrote:. Or they will issue a bench warrant for your arrest. And they will do it on a Friday after the courts are closed, and make you spend all fucking weekend in jail

that would be wonderful

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:10 pm

Screw Pac.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down