The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Prescott's so desperate for attention he's now calling out Berto

4 posters

Go down

Prescott's so desperate for attention he's now calling out Berto Empty Prescott's so desperate for attention he's now calling out Berto

Post  Guest Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:57 pm

BoxingScene.com has been advised that junior welterweight Breidis Prescott (24-2, 19KOs) is willing to move up in weight to face former WBC welterweight Andre Berto (27-1, 21KOs). Berto is planning to return in the fall. The probable opponent is IBF 147-pound champion Jan Zaveck - if the IBF approves the fight and the two camps reach an agreement. If Berto doesn't secure Zaveck, Prescott wants to fight him.

"I've come to the realization that Amir Kahn will never wants a piece of me again. I'm willing to move up 147 to knock Berto's ass out," Prescott said.

Co-manager Luis DeCubas Jr. believes the fight is possible, since both boxers are promoted by Lou DiBella.

"Both of these guys are with Lou DiBella. It shouldn't be a hard fight to make. Breidis knows that Amir Khan will never fight him again, so he's willing to move up to 147 to fight Berto. I think it would be an exciting fight, and if Prescott lands a big shot on Berto's chin - the fight is over," DeCubas said.

http://www.boxingscene.com/breidis-prescott-ill-move-up-knock-bertos-ass-out--39818

Back to top Go down

Prescott's so desperate for attention he's now calling out Berto Empty Re: Prescott's so desperate for attention he's now calling out Berto

Post  gomez1012 Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:01 pm

why not
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Prescott's so desperate for attention he's now calling out Berto Empty Re: Prescott's so desperate for attention he's now calling out Berto

Post  Guest Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:03 pm

gomez1012 wrote:why not

Doesn't Prescott irritate you ?

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:06 pm

Nope, he's a one hit wonder looking for a pay day

I dont get why Khan doesnt just get rid of him already
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:09 pm

gomez1012 wrote:Nope, he's a one hit wonder looking for a pay day

$$$$

Prescott realy ruined the luster of a rematch by showing he's a one-hit wonder. Still, Khan needs to revenge his loss
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:11 pm

+1 easy fight to make and no reason it can't happen. the demand for it is there, it doesn't need to be sold as the storyline has already been scripted. i give a lot of credit to fighters that avenge their losses and i think it can only add to a fighter's greatness with regards to their legacy. Khan should just do it because he would school Prescott. he also isn't the top heavy lightweight he once was, he is a strong and big light-welterweight with really good footwork. if he can face Maidana then a Prescott rematch should be a stroll in the park

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:11 pm

GrantZilla wrote:
$$$$

Prescott realy ruined the luster of a rematch by showing he's a one-hit wonder. Still, Khan needs to revenge his loss

I dont think $ is an issue, Im sure Prescott would of jumped at the offer McCloskey/L Peterson received
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:12 pm

Seems like Prescott wants a payday though, so I don't know about that
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:13 pm

dbudge wrote:

+1 easy fight to make and no reason it can't happen. the demand for it is there, it doesn't need to be sold as the storyline has already been scripted. i give a lot of credit to fighters that avenge their losses and i think it can only add to a fighter's greatness with regards to their legacy. Khan should just do it because he would school Prescott. he also isn't the top heavy lightweight he once was, he is a strong and big light-welterweight with really good footwork. if he can face Maidana then a Prescott rematch should be a stroll in the park

That wouldnt be bad fight at all, Maidana vs Prescott
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:13 pm

GrantZilla wrote:Seems like Prescott wants a payday though, so I don't know about that

I dont think he's on Team Khan's radar at all
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:13 pm

Annoys the hell out of me. I might be cool with him had Prescott went on to make some noise, but he didn't, lost two lopsided decisions to Mithcell and Vazquez.

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:17 pm

Ali wrote:
Annoys the hell out of me. I might be cool with him had Prescott went on to make some noise, but he didn't, lost two lopsided decisions to Mithcell and Vazquez.

Yep, but still that KO was big. Khan needs to squash him

Prescott can go on fighting bums and talking shit for the rest of his career
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:17 pm

I don't get it. Khan should have been demanding a rematch with Prescott. Now, when Prescott wants the fight, all of a sudden he's whining? Losing to Vasquez is not so bad, MV is a good fighter, and Mitchell was undefeated. At least Prescott took on some decent names, unlike Khan's rise to the top.
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:31 pm

flapanther2001 wrote:I don't get it. Khan should have been demanding a rematch with Prescott. Now, when Prescott wants the fight, all of a sudden he's whining? Losing to Vasquez is not so bad, MV is a good fighter, and Mitchell was undefeated. At least Prescott took on some decent names, unlike Khan's rise to the top.

Yea man, Barrera was robbed in England!!!
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:45 pm

gomez1012 wrote:
flapanther2001 wrote:I don't get it. Khan should have been demanding a rematch with Prescott. Now, when Prescott wants the fight, all of a sudden he's whining? Losing to Vasquez is not so bad, MV is a good fighter, and Mitchell was undefeated. At least Prescott took on some decent names, unlike Khan's rise to the top.

Yea man, Barrera was robbed in England!!!

Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down