The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Atlas bashing Pac-Man again

+6
NJBeatdown86
ScottLevinson
captainanddew
flapanther2001
gomez1012
GrantZilla
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Atlas bashing Pac-Man again Empty Atlas bashing Pac-Man again

Post  GrantZilla Thu May 26, 2011 4:10 pm

Somone of the stuff he says I agree with. Like his views on how Pac-Mosley fight was nothing but a con job.

But man, he realy doesn't like Manny
http://www.doghouseboxing.com/DHB/Tyler052511.htm
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Atlas bashing Pac-Man again Empty Re: Atlas bashing Pac-Man again

Post  gomez1012 Thu May 26, 2011 4:15 pm

What happened with Povetkin again?
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Thu May 26, 2011 4:21 pm

gomez1012 wrote:What happened with Povetkin again?

"Sauerland wasn't man enough to come up to Teddy Atlas and tell him he's fired"

---Teddy Atlas
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Thu May 26, 2011 4:32 pm

He's just re-hashing the same shit he said on TV. He never tells the whole story anyway, so fuck him.
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Thu May 26, 2011 4:55 pm

about as shocking as finding fat people standing in the line at an ice cream shop during the summer.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottLevinson Thu May 26, 2011 4:58 pm

captainanddew wrote:about as shocking as finding fat people standing in the line at an ice cream shop during the summer.

This is hitting a little too close to home.

ScottLevinson

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu May 26, 2011 5:30 pm

teddy has a few good points about the mosley fight..flawed fights is monday morning sour grapes quaterbacking..teddy picked hatton to beat pac.flawed fighter geez anyone who watchs boxing knows hatton is easy to hit.but he can punch and hit to the body well..that fight had risks.teddy picked cotto also..this so called expert did not see the so called flaws..yes margo and mosley hes correct.i guess JMM morales bareera there were all flawed guys huh teddy..hes fucking disgusting.

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Thu May 26, 2011 5:39 pm

You can do the same shit to any fighter's resume. Even Ali, who got probably best resume in boxing.

Liston was old. Patterson was shot after taking a beating from Liston. Foreman was exposed. Ken Norton exposed Ali. Blah, blah

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  NJBeatdown86 Thu May 26, 2011 6:58 pm

Somebody brought it up before, I wonder if it's some beef between him and Freddie. He's right about the Mosely fight, but he does seem to have a bit of a hard on for Pac.

And where are those emails?
NJBeatdown86
NJBeatdown86

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Thu May 26, 2011 11:19 pm

LMFAO Teddy bashed Pac for fighting Oscar. Teddy himself said that Pac shouldnt take that fight because Oscar was too big and too good. LOL What a waist of space Teddy has become.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  NJBeatdown86 Thu May 26, 2011 11:29 pm

I just hope somebody calls him out on it on FNF one night.
NJBeatdown86
NJBeatdown86

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Thu May 26, 2011 11:52 pm

I notice he only talks about Manny from Oscar forward. He never mentions his accomplishments before that. He's on my last nerve.
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Fri May 27, 2011 1:30 am

Atlas is a contrarian. If a fighter is popular, Atlas doesn't like him.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Tobe Fri May 27, 2011 8:47 am

What bugs me is the argument about fighters from the "Golden Years" - they notion that they fought more frequently and so were better. They fought more because there were more cards, because the sport was more popular. The sport wasn't more popular because they fought more - it's the other way around!

You can't fault today's guys for not having two dozen fights to take every year - there is simply isn't enought fan support to justify that number of cards. Now, clearly some guys are way too inactive, but even if a guy wanted to fight 12 or 18 times a year he simply couldn't, unless it's a glorified sparring session with some bum in front of 50 people in a club in the mid-west, and then what's the point?

From a boxing fan's perspective that's a shame, but there's no point in bringing down today's best boxers based on opportunities they never had.
Tobe
Tobe

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Fri May 27, 2011 10:34 am

flapanther2001 wrote:I notice he only talks about Manny from Oscar forward. He never mentions his accomplishments before that. He's on my last nerve.

yeah, 2 fights with Marquez, 3 with Morales, 3 with Barerra, plus alot of other good fighters, and Pac is just a chump to Teddy. Fuck Teddy Atlas. While there can be reasonable debate about Pac's all-time status and the pros and cons of his opponents, Teddy just plain bashes.

Teddy is supposed to be a professional. Instead with regard to Pac he merely acts like a professional baffoon.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Fri May 27, 2011 10:42 am

flapanther2001 wrote:I notice he only talks about Manny from Oscar forward. He never mentions his accomplishments before that. He's on my last nerve.

Because he isn't attempting to be objective and give someone the complete picture. If he were to take an even handed analytical approach that covered the entirety of Pac's career and be fair to the guys Pac fought (how about the good points about each guy!!) then one can disagree with Teddy but respect a well argued viewpoint. But he goes for the least common denominator and tries to appeal to the Pac hater (which there are many).

On this board we've gone through the pros and cons of the guys that Pac has fought after moving past 130. But we looked at both sides of it.

his type of responses are similar to alot of the guys you see on the espn boards. Throw venom at a particular fighter and shit on what he does without being fair.

captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri May 27, 2011 10:48 am

tobe i disagree..there is opportunites to fight more often today.the fighters themselves ignore the opportunites..look theres friday night fights hbo showtime the spanish boxing cards europe as an arena to fight etc etc.bradley is one who proved that most fighters today ignore opportunity..aerola is one that desided look i want to fight and trust me theres opportunity for him to do so not only here but in europe..no ones asking a fighter to fight 10-12 -20 times a year just 5.so if the demand as you say or opportunity was there years ago for a fighter to fight 10 to 20 times a year but today the cards etc etc have decreased..well the 5 fights a year is a decrease is it not.plus the european market has opened up so much via big crowds sites tv etc etc yet you dont see top american talent taking advantage of that opportunity..they just want to hang out and manipulate or wait for a tv welfare check that overpays them and even then they turn down fights..fighters fight not pose.any critisim directed towards todays fighters for inactivity is totaly justified..its just not a few top fighters as you possibly implied its a huge huge majority of todays fighters.
dont tell me theres no demand for a real lineal champ to fight a few times a year more cause there is..why has the non title over the weight fight all but dispeared ..
if boxing wants to increase in popularity even a marginal increase then fighters need to fight...look i think last month or so 2 guys fought in boondock city in nebraska and both had no ethnic or home base there but it drew a large crowd.the interest can be created.its called promoting.
american HWS can take there show on the road to europe where theres 5 or 6 capable HWS there that have a fan base and tv to generate dollars..thats just an example of oportunity to fight thats ignored..its calleds playing it extra safe today where in the past fighters took risks.today if your not willing to take a risk then you shut the door to opportunites that exist...5 fights a year is not overwelming nor impossible because good viable opportunites exist...

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Fri May 27, 2011 9:42 pm

I've had it with Atlas. He can't just congrat Hops on his win. No, he has to blab that Hops won only because everyone today sucks compared to the stone age of boxing
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Fri May 27, 2011 9:47 pm

GrantZilla wrote:I've had it with Atlas. He can't just congrat Hops on his win. No, he has to blab that Hops won only because everyone today sucks compared to the stone age of boxing

I just watched that and had to turn. Pascal while having some issues, is a quick and strong young fighter. He beat Dawson fair and square to ascend to the top of LH. He struggled versus BHOP twice because BHOP was able to force Pascal to fight his fight. BHOP used movement, feints, and good straight right leads, to make Pascal very tentative.

If you are on the interview with BHOP, you say" you fought a great fight. You set a pace to your liking and confounded Pascal. A great win by a great fighter. I was wrong in my prefight prediction. "

You don't shit on a guy.

captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottLevinson Fri May 27, 2011 9:55 pm

Teddy should have said what he said about Hopkins today back in 1994 when trying to explain how George Foreman won the title. But he trained that guy.

ScottLevinson

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Fri May 27, 2011 9:58 pm

I'm growing increasingly tired for Teddy. He does way too much shitting on the sport. During the telecasts is not the time to shit on the sport and its fighters. But he does it at every opportunity.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottLevinson Fri May 27, 2011 10:06 pm

Exactly. And BHop was trying to be magnanimous and joking around with Teddy who picked against him apparently. Then Teddy had an Asperger's moment. He should have aid he underestimated him and that BHop actually fought a more active fight than what he thought he could do. Instead he tries to backpedal with the "today's champions are crap" theory.

And I'm not saying that doesn't play into it a bit. Teddy's right in saying today's fighters are not as developed or whatever, but to throw that in BHop's face like it is the only real explanation for how he is a champ at 46 was BS.

I appreciate how Teddy doesn't kiss ass, but in this case, he was outta line and came off looking bad.

ScottLevinson

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Fri May 27, 2011 10:14 pm

We should write in & see if we can get him suspended. hell, it works for every other broadcaster that fucks up.
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Fri May 27, 2011 10:14 pm

ScottLevinson wrote:Exactly. And BHop was trying to be magnanimous and joking around with Teddy who picked against him apparently. Then Teddy had an Asperger's moment. He should have aid he underestimated him and that BHop actually fought a more active fight than what he thought he could do. Instead he tries to backpedal with the "today's champions are crap" theory.

And I'm not saying that doesn't play into it a bit. Teddy's right in saying today's fighters are not as developed or whatever, but to throw that in BHop's face like it is the only real explanation for how he is a champ at 46 was BS.

I appreciate how Teddy doesn't kiss ass, but in this case, he was outta line and came off looking bad.

There is a time and place for everything. Not kissing ass and being unfair are 2 different things.

captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Fri May 27, 2011 10:29 pm

I wonder if Releford is a natural lefty. Great jab but his right looks weak and clumsy.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum